• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Warning regarding Big Bad John (John Melvin Hill)

Bruce Monkhouse said:
I see the pathetic twerp is still scamming........[scroll down to the picture of the piece of shit]

http://ckom.com/story/saskatoon-s-lighthouse-officially-opened/74612

First Posted: Sep 11, 2012 5:45pm | Last Updated: Sep 11, 2012 6:56pm

Think the article is a little bit stale now....

I got a message from the author of the book about this clown that looks like he got 'made' and just recently left there......

Sorry for the necro post. Does any one have a current link on John? Hes wormed his way onto a form m n and I wanto warn the owner.

my72jeep said:
Sorry for the necro post. Does any one have a current link on John? Hes wormed his way onto a form m n and I wanto warn the owner.

Pm Inbound

Yah he is, and I can’t find a link to any of the news articles he’s in. Like he perged them all

Hi there, I am a real estate agent in Alberta and was contacted by a John Melvin Hill. We have only spoken on the phone and he is super characteristic, but his stories just seemed too big. He wants to write an offer on one of my listings and has sent me a copy of his drivers license to get things started. Something just does not seem right. Is this him?

Hi there, I am a real estate agent in Alberta and was contacted by a John Melvin Hill. We have only spoken on the phone and he is super characteristic, but his stories just seemed too big. He wants to write an offer on one of my listings and has sent me a copy of his drivers license to get things started. Something just does not seem right. Is this him?

Hi Clovermeadow,

The behaviour you are describing does line up with what was stated by various members. With that said, we wouldn't be able to comment as to whether your John Melvin Hill is the same person or a different person with the same name.

I would suggest you conduct your own due diligence, as you should with any buyer, and exercise your own sense of discretion.

All,

It is with regret that I must inform you that former Army.ca member Big Bad John appears to have misstated some facts and led people astray. Many of the personal facts presented by John Hill (AKA Sean Hill) did not add up under scrutiny, and many claims he made seemed "too good to be true." Mr. Hill has recently erased all tracks of himself from this site.

If anyone still has contact with Mr. Hill, especially if financial or personal information is involved, I strongly urge you to proceed with caution. His last known e-mail addresses is tinmanjohn57@sympatico.ca, and he has been known to use cobhman@campus.ie previously.

John, if the information I have is somehow in error, you know how to contact me to set the record straight.
Just thought you may want an update. He is officially under investigation by Toronto Police Service for fraud. He was running a "feeding homeless veterans" charity in the east end and soliciting donations on Facebook.

Here is the information of the investigation.

Constable Colin Lai of 55 Division has a file open (reference # 2022-124-8218). Anyone who donated to this (alleged) con artist is encouraged to contact police (via the online reporting portal for losses under $5,000).

I will admit that I allowed him to post here despite my initial misgivings - he DM’ed me and convinced me to help him raise money “on behalf of homeless veterans”. Now his profile is blank and he has disappeared.

I think that we’re going to stick to our group page rule of no asking for monetary donations, unless it’s for a registered charity. One or two bad apples spoil the entire barrel.

Back