• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Warning regarding Big Bad John (John Melvin Hill)

Some American media is having a look at this thread also.

..and John, I KNOW you are reading this RIGHT now. Thanks for the IP.

the 48th regulator said:
tinmanfoodie@gmail.com brings up this profile on Facebook.....hmm multiple profiles.....

When one makes a living being a parasite, serial fraudster one needs to try to keep their paper/electronic trail short.  Imagine how many false welfare profiles he has, making a comfortable living on the taxpayers dime. 

It appears he may be moving out west again. Why would a man who claims to be so sick he was going to be checked into a hospice be planning for places to eat out in Crowsnest Pass?

bigfellow wrote:
"I'll be heading top the Crowsnest Pass area in Febuary. Any recommendations on where to eat?"

http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/677769

I got confirmation that the folks at Chowhound are passing around information about this... so there's one more bridge burned.

Bruce Monkhouse said:
Nice try John,......serving snacks at the 'Y' are we?

Did that clown manage to get on here again?  You`d think he`d be gunshy of coming around here. 

Gah, this reminds me of this creep that kept trying to friend various women in Toronto-Ottawa-Montreal area, including myself multiple times on multiple sites and messengers despite telling him off and outing him.

PMedMoe said:
mellian, it's probably the same guy.

No, they are different creeps. Different pictures, names, and MO. The one I am referring to is more known in various 'alternative lifestyle' circles and websites. Philip Bastian or some such. Still have a couple of pictures of him I used in outing him the other year on facebook, and refused his FB friendship again the other week.

The news has circulated among us chowhound users.

Those in Montreal always found him to be strange, in a sad "trying to impress to get friends" type of way. One of us became suspicious about his cancer claim and called local hospitals... no listing, not surprising. This chowhounder contacted another chowhounder and mentioned the suspicions. The other chowhounder scoured the net and found your site, the canadian living article, the info on W Five, as well as the article from UBC. ChowUser, who posted above, was one of the first contacted and did a huge load of work posting those links. It spread from there and more and more people know every day.

Chowhound moderators have been notified as has the local police... not sure if there are currently any outstanding warrants for him, but the info is out just in case we can help. It would be nice to get this creep off the streets once and for all.

Sorry, guess I wasn't being clear. Click on my "Canada" link in my post and you will see that "getting a creep off the streets forever" is a pipe dream at best.

Bruce Monkhouse said:
Sorry, guess I wasn't being clear. Click on my "Canada" link in my post and you will see that "getting a creep off the streets forever" is a pipe dream at best.

See, now if that pipe were attached to some other mechanical stuff, and the diameter of the pipe was roughly .223 of an inch across, and it got one end closed off with a firecracker-ish thing with a penny looking tip.....

Well, even pipe dreams can come true!  ;D

Update:

The Chow mods never directly responded to our demands to boot bigfellow/John Melvin Hill from the boards.  Instead, they deactivated his account and deleted all of the threads that were highlighted in my original post outing him here.

In the past month, a "new" user, qcfoodi, appeared on the Home Cooking and Montreal boards who sounded suspiciously like John Melvin Hill to a group of us.  He claimed to be a new transplant to Montreal (yet had a surprisingly good grasp of the local scene) and lists his real name as "Jack."  Uh huh.  And his profile (http://www.chow.com/profile/1183031) has a number of other suspicious things (including a photo of a bagpiper) that imply he's trying to pass himself off as a U.K. transplant ("fish and chips," "chicken tikka masala").  He even claims his favorite restaurant is in...wait for...Edinburgh!

This guy is such a freakin' loser.  And uncreative!

The mods are on to him again, at least on the Home Cooking boards, where they have AGAIN deleted all his posts (see, for example, here: http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/721543?tag=main_body;topic-721543.  There's a reply to a no-longer-existant message from him).  Oddly enough, his profile has not been deactivated, and his posts remain on the Quebec boards.

Where will he strike next?  This guy needs a new MO.  Actually, John Melvin Hill needs to get a life!

Looks like he is STILL conning people. Once a jackass, always a jackass.  This time he stole money from an employer in a restaurant. https://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=2453487031&topic=12240

Back