• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Walts, posers & wannabes (merged)

bLUE fOX said:
I have an idea as to what it means, but what does "walt hunt" refer to?

Some people like hunting gophers, many like hunting deer and moose, others, they love the time honored tradition of hunting a nice fresh Walt! It's more fun than playing bubble bobble on your coffee break!

Unfortunately I missed this one :(

I noticed he logged on about an hour or so ago but didn't post anything.  Wonder if he read all the PMs he's bound to have.

The whole issue of fakers/walts would be laughable if they just stuck to telling "war stories" in bars.  The problem is when they impersonate real soldiers or actually work their way into positions of influence based on their fake credentials.  In the states, where being a veteran has much higher social and political catchet, the ranks of fakers include a college professor who claimed to have been in Vietnam and created and taught a course on Vietnam built around his fake "experiences"; a veteran's advocate who claimed to a wounded ex-marine and even started his own organization in Colorado; county sheriffs (elected police chiefs); and lowest of all, one fake claimed to have been a Ranger in Iraq who alleged warcrimes - this guy hooked up with left-wing groups, spoke at rallies and made videos that appeared on youtube (real Rangers had great difficulty in pointing out this guy was a basic training failure as the anti-war groups thought they were doing a smear campaign); there are so many fake navy seals that the real ones had to set up a website to expose them.  In Britain one guy went to extremes to pretend to be a Parachute Regiment soldier attached to a reserve unit.  This guy even dressed in a proper uniform in the morning at home before changing in a public washroom before going to his real job.  When his wife found out the truth she divorced him (I guess the fact that he never attended a regimental function never struck her as odd??).  As for the world famous SAS, their RSM from Gulf War 1 wrote that he was actually accused of being a faker in the special forces club after a mess dinner.  His accuser claimed to have met the real RSM the previous week.  In fact, one story that I heard from British soldiers in KAF was that there were 10,000 men in the world who all claimed to have been in the SAS.

If I had any sympathy I would just pity them.  But the damage they do in bringing suspicion on real veterans, casting slurs on serving soldiers and diverting resources from real veterans make them unworthy of any sympathy.  I better stop now before running afoul of the site rules...

Neo Cortex said:
I just sped-read 110 of his 141 pages (still working on it.)

He claimed in various posts he graduated high school in 1999, he says he was in PPCLI from 2001-2002 and JTF-2 from 2003-2007.

Except in another post he says his daughter is in Grade 9 (dated April/09) which would make her 14. Which would mean she was born in 94-95 when he was 14ish. Hmmm.

Edit: He also claims (again April/09) to be turning 29, with a birthday in October, but that he's "always overseas off-duty in July."

Always "off duty" in July huh... could be a Cadet on summer training.

I actually encountered a 'Walt' at a Subway when he tried to get a Mil/Gov't discount... I called him out SO hard when I told him the ID he presented was fake and wasn't even used as an ID in the Canadian Forces (thanks to my Father for his childhood teachings) and the fact that I know a few members of 746 Comms Sqn, KO (Calg) R, and the Cal Highs (whom he was portraying himself as a member) and would more than glad to call one of them to vouche for him.

He responded with "HOW DO YOU KNOW!?" In a yelling/crying voice and left the ID on the counter - name and other info on the card (it basically looked like a 1990's Alberta driver's licence) turned up to be fake too.

He's probably read the first couple and decided to get his revenge.  >:D About now, Action Man and GI Joe are probably still taking on the enemy under his bedcovers.  :salute:

Strike said:
I noticed he logged on about an hour or so ago but didn't post anything.  Wonder if he read all the PMs he's bound to have.

Big Beef said:
Always "off duty" in July huh... could be a Cadet on summer training.

I actually encountered a 'Walt' at a Subway when he tried to get a Mil/Gov't discount... I called him out SO hard when I told him the ID he presented was fake and wasn't even used as an ID in the Canadian Forces (thanks to my Father for his childhood teachings) and the fact that I know a few members of 746 Comms Sqn, KO (Calg) R, and the Cal Highs (whom he was portraying himself as a member) and would more than glad to call one of them to vouche for him.

He responded with "HOW DO YOU KNOW!?" In a yelling/crying voice and left the ID on the counter - name and other info on the card (it basically looked like a 1990's Alberta driver's licence) turned up to be fake too.

Oddly enough, a post made several days ago references his tour ending October 8th and yet in other posts he refers to himself being injured, either having his leg "blown off", or at least having it shot at; supposedly this injury prevented him from staying in JTF-2 and led to his becoming a "Machinist."

Tess,
Thanks for that link. That has got to be one of the funniest sites I have ever been shown on the internet.
Cheers

F.I.R.S.T. said:
He's probably read the first couple and decided to get his revenge.  >:D About now, Action Man and GI Joe are probably still taking on the enemy under his bedcovers.  :salute:

:rofl:
THAT just made my morning.

bLUE fOX, if you didn't discover their wiki, ARRSEpedia, I suggest you give it a look too.  Particularly look up the entry on "Them" and "Cleaning a rifle".

Redeye said:
bLUE fOX, if you didn't discover their wiki, ARRSEpedia, I suggest you give it a look too.  Particularly look up the entry on "Them" and "Cleaning a rifle".

I missed it completly....

Another topic but I know an old guy who claims to be an Australian Vietnam War vet.  He also claims he was a POW.

As I always enjoy talking to people who made history, I checked the nominal role of war vets - not there.  Then I tried to check a list of Australian POWs and found they didn't have any.

It's just strange - the guy loves spinning yarns.  My father spent over 5 years in the army during WWII including service as infantry in Belgium and Holland and I don't remember him mentioning it to anyone who wasn't a veteran himself.

Cobrajr said:
From the wurm site... anybody able to ID this guy?

Which one?  All four were in my Troop.  The guy on the left was my GIB.  Give me a name and I can tell you.

Has anybody sent this guy a PM with the link to army.ca? In particular this subject on him? Maybe he'll really get a feel for how upset people are if he reads their comments.

He may already be on this site.    :camo:

Back to the Coyote photo and four RCD; two or three of them are in this photo:

I know them as well.      ::)

It's so funny, going from trying to pass himself off as a Patricia and then a Dragoon.

Now he's logging onto the site, taking a look, then running for cover.

Lame

Back