• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Waiting For The Phone Call For BMQ

negative, nada, zip, zelch, no way no how lol... but It WOULD be sweet  ;D

Well actually, I'm sure if you dropped down to a NCM (absolutely nothing wrong with that), and if you are indeed merit listed, then there might be a chance. But again, I'm not going to speculate on your behalf. And again, this is just what the recruiter told me. (That was for Infantry NCM) I'm not sure if Arty his taking in the same numbers, although I would assume so. But it is only my assumption. (which counts for nothing )

Keep your head up, keep a positive mental attitude and be patient. It will happen.

ringer98 said:
Well actually, I'm sure if you dropped down to a NCM (absolutely nothing wrong with that),.

No, there isn't.
There is however something very wrong about referring to the NCM role as a "drop down". I will chalk this up to lack of knowledge about the system.
Good luck.

Bruce Monkhouse said:
No, there isn't.
There is however something very wrong about referring to the NCM role as a "drop down". I will chalk this up to lack of knowledge about the system.
Good luck.

Didn't mean anything bad by it. I was actually using the words of the recruiter that I was talking to. He said that if I wanted in immediately (back in september) If I wanted to "drop down" to a NCM I would "likely" get in. Im not saying that NCM's are lesser people.. not in the slightest. But to avoid me putting my foot in my mouth deeper.. I'm dropping the subject  :-X

I wish that winter they would stop and massage my feet and give me a back rub and some coffe. That would be nice.
I served in the us army and they gave us physical training in the snow and a hose of water to drowned out the wimpers.
Boy if they stoped for winter, do you think they use time outs in the middle of wars.

I am dying to join, I applied for Communicator Research Operator (Navy) and would like to get a call today to leave today

but it does not look like that is going to happen.

I am nervous that I will not be accepted even though it is what I want to do for my career (at the moment)

Waiting game going on here as well Cossack.

though it has only been two weeks so far.

Deebs said:
Waiting game going on here as well Cossack.

though it has only been two weeks so far.

It will come soon enough, just keep yourself occupied. While your at, work on your PT. Im into week 5 in BMQ and the PT is rediciously easy, unfortunatly some people should of took a few months to work on PT before they applied. My Warrant loves to run ;D

Kr3w said:
It will come soon enough, just keep yourself occupied. While your at, work on your PT. Im into week 5 in BMQ and the PT is rediciously easy, unfortunatly some people should of took a few months to work on PT before they applied. My Warrant loves to run ;D

Wait to you get to Battle School.

By the way, your unit isn't The RCR yet lad.  You've not earned the right to say you are RCR.

Bloody right EITS I earned the right to call myself a Royal and wear the eight point star....

Thread jack a bit here but I am sick and tired of people saying they are this or that and have yet to earn it, For example you aren't a member of the PPCLI until you complete Battle School and get badged...same goes for all the units YOU can call yourself that when you earn the right to wear the capbagde!

Kr3w said:
While your at, work on your PT. Im into week 5 in BMQ and the PT is rediciously easy, unfortunatly some people should of took a few months to work on PT before they applied. My Warrant loves to run ;D

Too bad some of his staff wasn't on here to see this. Perhaps the PT could be picked up a bit.  ;D :eek:

I agree with BulletMagnet and EITS on their posts 100% as well.

Kr3w said:

"The PT is not meant to create pro athletes, its meant to allow you to pass the CF express test."  Words spoken by the Commandant himself.

Wait till you get to the field, make a screw up, and have to do all that running around with a vest and sack on.  Or if you really want a treat, volunteer to be a marker.  Nothing beats running back and forth to stop cars during a rucksack march.  :p

MedTechStudent said:
  Nothing beats running back and forth to stop cars during a rucksack march.   :p

I can think of a few things. Give yourself some time and you will too.

CDN Aviator said:
I can think of a few things. Give yourself some time and you will too.

I meant in regards to BMQ, I don't have the experience to make assumptions outside if it.  ;)

Did my aptitude and medical, had to go home with some papers and do another urine sample and blood test with the local hospital (small town). One month later I get a phone call saying they never received my urine test papers, though the hospital said they would and have faxed them. Now I have to wait for the recruiters to send another sheet to re-do my urine test again (3rd time after doing it at my medical already), and by the way, now they say I never had to do a blood test...
I predict in one more month they phone again and ask where my blood test is....
I think the worst part about the military will be the wait  ; (

I thought I was in okay shape after BMQ, and would be able to keep up on battle school runs.  Ha, ha, I thought wrong.  After the first 10k run of the day I thought I would have a heart attack, then they piled on another one after supper, and to top it off with a cherry, we had a 7 k run right after we had a shower and prepared for an evening inspection.

It gets a lot better once you are in battalion.  Although I have never filled out so many repetitive forms in my life.  I'm about ready to start photocopying my PEN instead of filling out a new one every other week for courses and DAG.

Hi,

Is it ok to call the CFRC once a week for a quick status update on my application? I've been waiting about 6 months now. I know that they like applicants to show interest but I feel I may be bothering them at times.

(Didnt want to start a new thread so I'll just post here since its close to topic.)

koopa said:
Hi,

Is it ok to call the CFRC once a week for a quick status update on my application? I've been waiting about 6 months now. I know that they like applicants to show interest but I feel I may be bothering them at times.

(Didnt want to start a new thread so I'll just post here since its close to topic.)

Call them and listen to their instructions, if the officer tell you to wait patiently.. then you know your orders. Concentrate on your fitness training while you wait, it will be your best friend.

Cheers and good luck.

What's the Merit List???
I just finished the last of my exam, interveiw, medical..etc and they told me Its now just a waiting game. Is there a way i can get onto the merit list?

Back