• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Waiting For The Phone Call For BMQ

Infantry18 said:
What's the Merit List???
I just finished the last of my exam, interveiw, medical..etc and they told me Its now just a waiting game. Is there a way i can get onto the merit list?

If you don't want people to get on your case for asking questions that have been answered many times before, use the SEARCH feature first. I did and found this post

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/73740.0.html

but next time, you shouldn't expect others to do the work for you  >:D

Infantry18 said:
What's the Merit List???
I just finished the last of my exam, interveiw, medical..etc and they told me Its now just a waiting game. Is there a way i can get onto the merit list?

::)

Definition of Merit:

Merit

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The quality or state of deserving well or ill; desert.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Esp. in a good sense: The quality or state of deserving well; worth; excellence.

Reward deserved; any mark or token of excellence or approbation; as, his teacher gave him ten merits.

To earn by service or performance; to have a right to claim as reward; to deserve; sometimes, to deserve in a bad sense; as, to merit punishment.

To reward.

To acquire desert; to gain value; to receive benefit; to profit.

Infantry18 said:
What's the Merit List???

In case you have not got a concrete answer yet. "merit Listed" just means that you have passed all interviews, medicals, backgrounds and your references checked out. Once all that is done the CF puts you on a list, saying that you are acceptable to be entered into your trade for possible selection. You are probably already on said list.

(As long as your background has been done, this could take awhile so I am told.)

ringer98 said:
You are probably already on said list.
(As long as your background has been done, this could take awhile so I am told.)

Curious as to how you could tell if the poster is probably on the merit list from what he has said so far on this forum.  ???

forza_milan said:
Curious as to how you could tell if the poster is probably on the merit list from what he has said so far on this forum.  ???

Well, as he said he is done all his interviews and medicals. As long as his references and backgrounds checks come back OK, he'll be on the merit list.

Thats what happened with me. Maybe I shouldn't take my own experiences as a GENERAL outcome. But I would have to believe they would be REASONABLY the same.

Once again he was asking what the merit list was. Good way to hi-jack the thread though.

Waiting on the call also. completed my CFAT, interview, and finally medical 6 weeks ago, and the sgt that had done my medical told me that  i was on the merit list, or i was merit listed, or somthing along those lines. He said 3-6 weeks for that call, so im sitting here ever so anxious...
... i think im gonna call the recruitment center to get an update on my file. can i do that?

I just finished my interview and the Captain said I did well and that he thinks I am a good candidate.  But because of the Christmas holiday closure, he said my file will not be completed until mid January, which is the same time I was told to expect a phone call.  I applied as Sig Op, and he said most likely a late January to mid-February BMQ. I think the reason why it shouldn't take so long is because they are in demand for this occupation.

Gives me more time to improve my cardio.  Like the Captain said,  "cardio is king at BMQ + SQ."

:cdn:

I finished all my tests yesterday and I am going for Sig Op aswell. The Captain handling my file told me it would take from 2 weeks to 1 month for my medical and security clearance to be completed. Hopefully the Christmas season will help pass the time. Which CFRC did you apply at rjr?

Just got merit listed also, hopefully I'll get a spot in infantry. Supposedly there aren't many slots open for that at this time.

Karl87 said:
Just got merit listed also, hopefully I'll get a spot in infantry. Supposedly there aren't many slots open for that at this time.

Christmas will make everything go by fast. And hey, Karl, I'm going for Infantry, too. I heard the opposite of that, heard that they were in high demand, and the sooner they got more people up there, the better. I wouldn't worry much about not getting a spot. Did they tell you when you should be getting a call?

When I talked to my CFRC in Barrie, the sergeant told me that people were USUALLY getting a call within one week of applying. So he told me for things to move along pretty quickly at this point. So for you to hear that they're not hiring is really conflicting  ???

That was last Friday I reapplied. So if I get a call this Friday I will for sure post it up!!

ringer98 said:
When I talked to my CFRC in Barrie, the sergeant told me that people were USUALLY getting a call within one week of applying.

I find that very difficult to believe.  I can understand getting a call to come in for testing, interview, medical, etc one week after applying, but certainly not actually getting the call for BMQ.

PMedMoe said:
I find that very difficult to believe.  I can understand getting a call to come in for testing, interview, medical, etc one week after applying, but certainly not actually getting the call for BMQ.

I have a feeling that is probably what his recruiting sergeant was probably referring to. When I applied they gave me the approximate waiting time until I get a call to be scheduled for tests, and I would assume they do the same for almost everyone. They didn't even say a word about BMQ.

As for the Infantry discussion, a guy I was going through the process with was applying for Infantry and he was told that it was in high demand aswell.

GreenGoblin said:
Christmas will make everything go by fast. And hey, Karl, I'm going for Infantry, too. I heard the opposite of that, heard that they were in high demand, and the sooner they got more people up there, the better. I wouldn't worry much about not getting a spot. Did they tell you when you should be getting a call?

I'm suppose to get a call on Friday, hope your right about the infantry situation.

im going infantry too. lady from recruitment called today, but missed the call, gotta call her tomorrow. could it be, has my time come? ;D ;D ;D ;D

Got the call going infantry, BMQ starts on the 12th ;D there is a God

PMedMoe said:

Got my call today. One week to the day of my interview. Going to BMQ Jan 5th St. Jean Quebec

Back