• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Wainwright SQ Dates?

TylerHebenton

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey guys,

a bunch of us are wondering when the next SQ start date is in Wainwright... we just graduated and we told we had to report at the base the same day we leave the mega... I dont know about you, but no time off sounds like a horrible deal. I was at least hopeing for a week or so, considering I live in Calgary...

Anyways, If anyone knows or can find out (we're not supposed to call them) when the next SQ start date is in Wainwright, it would be greatly appreciated! We're being posted to 3 PPCLI, if that matters.

Thanks a bunch!  :army:

TylerHebenton said:
I dont know about you, but no time off sounds like a horrible deal. I was at least hopeing for a week or so, considering I live in Calgary...
You certainly shouldn't get any damn 'time off', you're still on course and aren't in the Army yet. What is it with you recruits and the Staff at wherever the hell you guys are coming from? I've had recruits call me at 3VP asking me crap like this! On the advice of their friggin' staff! No 'time off' is required, and is actually detrimental to your training. Trust me, things are going to be different when you get off the plane in Edmonton and are met by your PPCLI Instructor. Much different.

We're being posted to 3 PPCLI, if that matters.
it does. It means you had better learn everything you are taught, you had better get in the best shape of your life, and you had best stop worrying about "time off".

Good luck on your course.

Thanks for the info guys...

Yeah I understand what you mean, I dont want "time off", just mabye a day or two to visit my family, and personally I cant wait to get there, SQ is what I have been looking foreward too all along... I know its going to be hard, but what doesnt kill me only makes me tougher, and thats exactly what I want.

Anywho, I tried the LFWA website earlier, mabye Im just blind but I couldnt find anything. Anywho thanks for the info, I guess I'll find out friday.

Tyler.

TylerHebenton said:
just mabye a day or two to visit my family,
that'll come in time, and it'll be more appreciated once you've earned it. The amount of time available, and when you'll see it, is entirely dependant on you and your course mates.
Good luck.

I just finished my basic may19th. Alot of the infantry guys heading out west are 3rd PPCLI as well, they had to report as soon as they arrived. Not sure how it works there but im sure you can request a CF 100 and possibly get the weekend off, don't hold your breath for getting an entire week off.

punkd said:
Not sure how it works there but im sure you can request a CF 100 and possibly get the weekend off,
wrong. You get on the ground, you belong to Wainwright until they decide to let go. Welcome to the Infantry. No hugs, no cookies, just real Army-stuff.

Get your heads around this, troops: Battle School is not like St. Jean. It is about preparing you for combat. The sooner you accept that Discipline will become your primary focus, the easier your adjustment will be.

paracowboy said:
wrong. You get on the ground, you belong to Wainwright until they decide to let go. Welcome to the Infantry. No hugs, no cookies, just real Army-stuff.

Get your heads around this, troops: Battle School is not like St. Jean. It is about preparing you for combat. The sooner you accept that Discipline will become your primary focus, the easier your adjustment will be.

Wait, so let me get this straight. The Army is going to treat me, like Im in the Army?!

I need to call my file manager, thats not what I've been signing up for  ;)

:rofl:

hey guys im in wainwright and the next sq for you guys is june 10th or something around thos days

mid june sounds right. I'm on the BIQ running now...week 7 and the SQ right now has 2weeks left until they grad.

Where did you guys here you are going 3rd? you don't find that out until you get a couple weeks into BIQ.

aah the rumors from basic lol. they'll find out soon that what they hear at basic is usually wrong :dontpanic:

Back