• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Verification of Former Service (VFS) [Merged]

• Thread starter maple_leaf_forever
  • Start date
I wonder what your ECG would look like after all that ! ;)  That is all great news Steve ! I have my fingers crossed for you.

Cheers
Mark

I just read the good news Steve. Congratulations! Wishing you all the best my friend. I hope to see you around.

Cheers
Mark

Thanks Mark

I am really pumped.  I will update everyone more after I get details from my RC.

Steve

For those who missed my update on the NOAB thread, here it is:

I WILL be attending the NOAB on Sept 28.  I found out from someone in Esquimalt.  My travel arrangements have not been made yet. I gave a call to my RC this morning inquiring and the Cpl who makes the arrangements is out today and 'should' have them done by Thursday.

I seem to have a pattern of cutting things close with regards to timelines.  Keeps the blood pumping.

I am now like a little kid at Christmas time waiting for this week to end.  Today is my Friday at work, so having the next two off will help.

Remember:  In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.

Steve
:cdn:

Steve_D said:
For those who missed my update on the NOAB thread, here it is:

I WILL be attending the NOAB on Sept 28.  I found out from someone in Esquimalt.  My travel arrangements have not been made yet. I gave a call to my RC this morning inquiring and the Cpl who makes the arrangements is out today and 'should' have them done by Thursday.

I seem to have a pattern of cutting things close with regards to timelines.  Keeps the blood pumping.

I am now like a little kid at Christmas time waiting for this week to end.  Today is my Friday at work, so having the next two off will help.

Remember:  In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.

Steve
:cdn:

Have fun on your NOAB. Be sure to try to acquire a nickname that will (likely) follow you the rest of your bloody career, like I did!

and.....share. What did you do? and what was the nickname that has followed you?

Steve_D said:
and.....share. What did you do? and what was the nickname that has followed you?

I, while drinking at the gunroom at NOTC, went to the washroom. And on my way back, was somewhat eager to get back to my drink. I did not feel liek running back to the table would be a good idea, so I decided to kind of half run half walk.

The other people drinking at said table thought it looked like I was skipping. Thus, since then, I have either been known as Skippy or Skipper.

Thank you for sharing that.  We will have to ensure we keep an eye out for opportunities next week.

Cheers

I finally found the time to read through the thread.

Best of luck man!

Thank you very much, owa.

T minus 3 days (2 for me as I am flying out on Saturday)

;D

And the good news keeps on coming.

I picked up my travel docs this morning from the RC for NOAB next week in Victoria and was told that I have been exempt BMOQ. 

I am now vibrating like a little kid at Christmas time.  Can't wait to get back in uniform.  I won't really know more until after NAOB as to what the next steps are or when they will take place.  I can only hope that they will be quick as I know they are looking to get some of the candidates pushed through and started as quick as possible.  I hope to be one of them.

Steve
;D :salute: :cdn:

Normally NOAB candidates must have all their processing completed and are merit listed. If you are successful at NOAB you should expect an offer from CFRG within a few weeks of your completion date. Ask the DS when you are finished and be sure to tell the CFRC when you get back to turn in your claim that you were successful (or not) and when you are available to enrol. You might just get an early Christmas present. Best of luck.

Thank you for that, it helps me continue this feel good I have got going on right now.  I return home on Saturday and already told the RC that I will be in first thing Monday morning with the news. They also already know that I am available to enrol immediately.  In fact, nothing would make me happier than to be enrolled asap.  My work is already aware of my situation and do not require 2 weeks notice.

If I am lucky, I could even get an early halloween present.  ;)

Have a question hopefully will get an answer just competed ecfat and interview medical is on 26 oct but at 48 i know they need blood test and ecg what are they looking for in blood test hope i get an answer ty in advance

philr1960 said:
Have a question hopefully will get an answer just competed ecfat and interview medical is on 26 oct but at 48 i know they need blood test and ecg what are they looking for in blood test hope i get an answer ty in advance

Anti-run on sentence gene.

MM

Following the story of the members of the Sept 28 NOAB has been riveting reading.
I eagerly await word from those members on their experiences and maybe news on their results.  :)

Baden Guy

Good news!  Word from those of us who posted comments on the NOAB thread all made it in; including myself.  They made me an offer and I accpepted on the spot. I had a blast and can't wait to get back to Victoria and back in uniform (feels like it can't happen fast enough for me).  A great bunch of guys and gals were there and a fantastic time was had by all.

For me, I will meet with my RC Capt next week and see if he can send me back early so that I can do my in-routine and even be SLJO for somebody.

I will let everyone know more once I do.

Cheers

Steve

Steve_D said:
Baden Guy

Good news!  Word from those of us who posted comments on the NOAB thread all made it in; including myself.  They made me an offer and I accepted on the spot. I had a blast and can't wait to get back to Victoria and back in uniform (feels like it can't happen fast enough for me).  A great bunch of guys and gals were there and a fantastic time was had by all.

For me, I will meet with my RC Capt next week and see if he can send me back early so that I can do my in-routine and even be SLJO for somebody.

I will let everyone know more once I do.

Cheers

Steve

Steve my wife and in laws are from Saint John and I am from NB so you'll have to excuse me if I am interested in your adventure.  :)

I know you mentioned earlier that you went to RRMC and have a Bsc. Also you were an officer in a support trade ? So I am curious, when you go Victoria will you get your commission back and if so what rank?

Back