• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

US Presidential Election 2024 - Trump vs ??? - Vote Hard with a Vengence

This puts to bed the notion that Trump only appoints sycophants. Appears he is willing to work across differences.
He was a critic until 2022, then became pro-Trump.

CNN previously reported that Vance liked tweets in 2016 and 2017 that harshly criticized Trump and his policies — including one speculating that Vance could serve in a Hillary Clinton administration.

But he earned Trump’s endorsement in the 2022 Ohio Republican Senate primary after a concerted yearlong effort by Vance to embrace a new image as a leading MAGA proponent, courting the former president at meetings in Mar-a-Lago and through appearances on Fox News.

In a display of loyalty, Vance was one of several potential running mates and Republican lawmakers to stand by Trump’s side at a New York courthouse during his criminal hush money trial.

No, certainly. I don’t think VP choice has a great impact.
Generally it doesn’t. George HW Bush had Dan Quayle who was IMO about as bland as you could get- he was schooled in a debate by a high profile Dem with these words:

“You’re no Jack Kennedy”

Can’t remember if it was in the Trump shooting thread, but this was the new GOP VP pick’s remarks on social media after the incident:
Difficult to fault. The central premise of the Democrats message IS basically that Trump is an authoritarian fascist who has to be stopped. Some may not agree that justifies "at any cost". But it's foolish to argue that democracy is at risk of ending, and then start cavilling about how far you're prepared to go to prevent that.

Trump appeared at the RNC last night for the speeches from ordinary citizens. Sean O'Brien from the Teamsters made a speech as well telling what they expect from both sides. It was a historic moment, a Teamsters president had never appeared at a RNC before. Now we will see if the DNC will invite him to speak, odds are they will, "Union Joe" can't miss that opportunity.

Trump looked subdued and sad and emotional times. It's understandable seeing what he went through.

Yes, but I don’t think it’ll change the vote much.

Most of his base won’t change their vote regardless of what Trump has done, while the swing voters won’t be swayed by “GOP’s VP pick doesn’t actually like Trump”.
Gotta save a bit on signs and stationery, though ....
7d91141543ce70c6.jpg

Gotta save a bit on signs and stationery, though ....
View attachment 86626
The winners in this are going to the ones who stockpiled millions of old campaign signs from years past. They will make some bucks moving them out the door, with extra fees for modifications of course. This guy looks like just the one who would benefit. :D
Excited Making Money GIF by HULU

Trump looked subdued and sad and emotional times. It's understandable seeing what he went through.
He has been humbled certainly. I guess it happens when you were .5 sec and 1" from your head getting cratered, and reality sets in that some people want you dead.

Well, Twitter’s fun today. A bunch of the… let’s go with less-good MAGA types are discovering that DJT’s pick for a VP running mate is married to a woman who’s very clearly not white, and has a son named Vivek. And they’re not having a good time with this fact. Building a big tent can present some construction challenges…

Well, Twitter’s fun today. A bunch of the… let’s go with less-good MAGA types are discovering that DJT’s pick for a VP running mate is married to a woman who’s very clearly not white, and has a son named Vivek. And they’re not having a good time with this fact. Building a big tent can present some construction challenges…
So what? Trump's wife's name is Melania. His daughter is Ivanka, and his son is Barron. Hardly white bread, corn fed, Dodge drivin' midwestern 'murican names. Could be names picked out by Putin. That's why I hate Twitter.

So what? Trump's wife's name is Melania. His daughter is Ivanka, and his son is Barron. Hardly white bread, corn fed, Dodge drivin' midwestern 'murican names. Could be names picked out by Putin. That's why I hate Twitter.
No but in the eyes of these folks Melania is white, so the rest is forgivable if an issue at all.

I obviously agree “so what?”, but my wife’s brown skinned too, so I have particular cause to laugh at the racist losers crying over this. There is, however, a small but very vocal part of Trump’s base for whom this is an issue.

He has been humbled certainly .,.
He has had a chance to pick up more humility - slightly different than him being humbled. We’ll see how he displays any humility he may have gained.

One example of humility: any calls yet to the widow of the fire chief killed? If he has, or at least one of his team has, good show. If not, I’ll let folks draw their own conclusions.

He has had a chance to pick up more humility - slightly different than him being humbled. We’ll see how he displays any humility he may have gained.

One example of humility: any calls yet to the widow of the fire chief killed? If he has, or at least one of his team has, good show. If not, I’ll let folks draw their own conclusions.
He has called her.
NYT Link
“He was very kind and said he would continue to call me in the days and weeks ahead,” Helen Comperatore wrote, adding that she had told the former president that her husband, Corey Comperatore, “left this world a hero, and God welcomed him in.”

No but in the eyes of these folks Melania is white, so the rest is forgivable if an issue at all.

I obviously agree “so what?”, but my wife’s brown skinned too, so I have particular cause to laugh at the racist losers crying over this. There is, however, a small but very vocal part of Trump’s base for whom this is an issue.
No more than Biden's base. Over half his career was built on racism. Anti bussing, segregated schools among his platforms. An acolyte and understudy of Robert Byrd of KKK fame. As well, the democrats were the authors of slavery, the KKK and Jim Crowe 1 and 2.0. They have successfully kept the blacks in ghettos and destroyed their family units. There's still lots of segregationist in the DNC, they just aren't vocal about it.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."

No more than Biden's base. Over half his career was built on racism. Anti bussing, segregated schools among his platforms. An acolyte and understudy of Robert Byrd of KKK fame. As well, the democrats were the authors of slavery, the KKK and Jim Crowe 1 and 2.0. They have successfully kept the blacks in ghettos and destroyed their family units. There's still lots of segregationist in the DNC, they just aren't vocal about it.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
By all means please enlighten me with examples of base Democrats who are upset and considering not voting Democrat because Kamala Harris is black. If you’re contending that a) there remains a segregationist base within the Democrats, and b) the Democrats by policy are still keeping black people down, that doesn’t add up to me to be lost votes by cause of that. Note I’m not agreeing to those postulations, I’m just taking them at face value for the sake of the point at hand.

On the flip side, Trump’s VP pick has vexed some ardent and influential MAGA types from the white nationalist camp like Nick Fuentes. Case in point:

It harkens back to my comment a couple weeks ago about sometimes when you find certain people wanting to sit at your table, knowing what they’re about, it can important and useful introspection to reflect on just what it is that makes them want to join you.

I’m throwing no blame at Trump for this specifically. I’m just saying his choice of VP has disappointed and angered some shitty racists who have found a political home in the wings of Trump’s MAGA camp, and it’s an interesting dynamic to see playing out.

Back