• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

US Presidential Election 2024 - Trump vs ??? - Vote Hard with a Vengence

I'm not sold that they're going to let Harris have the job.

Four of the top democrats, Obama, Pelosi, Schumer and Jeffries haven't endorsed her. All four are calling for an open primary.

I still think Michelle Obama is a threat. I won't be surprised if she announces either at, or shortly before, the primary. She hasn't been very visible for the last six months, so no recent sound bites to use against her. They don't have time to sell a new candidate. They need someone with immediate recognition. Someone that can articulate the vision of the Obama regime. Someone to move away from the far left, radical squad. In otherwords, someone with immediate curb appeal.
From all accounts, Michelle Obama didn’t exactly enjoy her time in the White House and the strain it put on her marriage and family. Doubtful she would run.

From all accounts, Michelle Obama didn’t exactly enjoy her time in the White House and the strain it put on her marriage and family. Doubtful she would run.
Never say never. I'm not saying she will be the pick, but I won't be surprised if she ends up in the race.

Like Biden though, Harris will give the democrat brain trust another useful idiot puppet.

This is comedy gold :ROFLMAO:

Being forced out is not exactly "putting country before self". What ever happened to the smart as a whip candidate who won the last debate which the media has been telling us all along his of sound mind?

Where did you read from any sane media source that stated he won that debate. It was largely seen as a failure and the beginning of the end. Was pretty much most of the media spin.

He at least did what a lot of politicians fail to see or do. Know when it’s over despite them not wanting to accept that.

No one can force him out. Pressure yes but there is no mechanism other than the 25th amendment and that wasn’t an option.

If Harris or whoever wins, Biden will likely be the most successful 1 term POTUS. If he had stayed on and lost which was likely, his legacy would be similar to RBG who was lamented as staying on way too long despite her achievements and causing more harm than good.

Never say never. I'm not saying she will be the pick, but I won't be surprised if she ends up in the race.

Like Biden though, Harris will give the democrat brain trust another useful idiot puppet.
The problem for any candidate jumping in now is that Harris seems to have secured all the endorsements needed at all levels. Seems like a done deal. My guess is various factions are now campaigning and lobbying as to who her VP might be…

Note: Obama didn’t endorse anyone until the candidate was official. I suspect he is just following that tradition.

The problem for any candidate jumping in now is that Harris seems to have secured all the endorsements needed at all levels. Seems like a done deal. My guess is various factions are now campaigning and lobbying as to who her VP might be…
She doesn't have the endorsement of the three top democrats. That carries weight. We'll just have to see how the primary goes.

Edit - 14:20 reports are that Schumer and Jeffries just endorsed Harris. Waiting for something official.

Edit - Pelosi endorses Harris.

Politics are fickle. This changes everything.

Personally, I think Harris is just the candidate the Republicans need.😉

Last edited:
Four of the top democrats, Obama, Pelosi, Schumer and Jeffries haven't endorsed her. All four are calling for an open primary.
1721671854836.png 'A week Ten minutes is a long time in politics'

Nancy Pelosi endorses Kamala Harris as Democratic nominee​

Former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) endorsed Vice President Kamala Harris as the Democratic nominee for president on Monday.

Why it matters: The speaker emerita helps solidify an emerging consensus around Harris as the clear frontrunner to replace President Biden at the top of the ticket.
What she's saying: Pelosi said in a statement that she endorses her fellow Californian with "immense pride and limitless optimism for our country's future," adding that her "enthusiastic support ... is official, personal and political."
  • "Officially, I have seen Kamala Harris's strength and courage as a champion for working families, notably fighting for a woman's right to choose. Personally, I have known Kamala Harris for decades as rooted in strong values, faith and a commitment to public service," she said.
  • "Politically, make no mistake: Kamala Harris as a woman in politics is brilliantly astute – and I have full confidence that she will lead us to victory in November."
  • Pelosi and Harris spoke by phone on Sunday after Biden dropped out, a source familiar with the matter told Axios.
Zoom in: Pelosi was a leading figure in efforts to get Biden to exit the 2024 race, with Biden-skeptic lawmakers looking to her as their best instrument for forcing the 81-year-old president off the ticket.
  • Pelosi never joined public calls for Biden to withdraw, but privately she warned him that he could hurt Democrats further down the ballot.
Between the lines: Pelosi and other leading Democrats, including former President Obama and House Minority Leader Hakeem Jeffries (D-N.Y.), held off on endorsing Harris immediately after Biden dropped out on Sunday.

• But sources told Axios that, at least in the case of congressional Democratic leaders, that was out of deference to the process than hesitance to support Harris.
  • "For some of the top leaders, they are allowing a little bit of time before making any announcements," one senior House Democrat told Axios on Sunday morning.

Other than "deference to the process" allowing time before making announcements also strings the media cycle out. If all the major players in the party announce same day/same time, it's one story. If those same important party leaders stretch out their reaction, as well as mentioning upcoming meetings with VP Harris (such as Jeffries did minutes ago in a scrum), they highlight their political importance and likewise the importance of their endorsement. More for the press to talk about.

Is it though? Obama, Pelosi and Schumer were the powerbrokers then, and they still are today.

The Clintons are hedging their bets. They endorsed Harris. If she manages to hold on, I expect Hillary will call in markers. If Harris collapses, they can throw their weight behind whoever Harris concedes to and backs.

FBJ, I think Pelosi is much less a powerbroker these days than many give her credit. From a friend’s friend inside the beltway…Pelosi was the messaging output source for the D back room.

View attachment 86766 'A week Ten minutes is a long time in politics'

Nancy Pelosi endorses Kamala Harris as Democratic nominee​

Former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) endorsed Vice President Kamala Harris as the Democratic nominee for president on Monday.

Why it matters: The speaker emerita helps solidify an emerging consensus around Harris as the clear frontrunner to replace President Biden at the top of the ticket.
What she's saying: Pelosi said in a statement that she endorses her fellow Californian with "immense pride and limitless optimism for our country's future," adding that her "enthusiastic support ... is official, personal and political."
  • "Officially, I have seen Kamala Harris's strength and courage as a champion for working families, notably fighting for a woman's right to choose. Personally, I have known Kamala Harris for decades as rooted in strong values, faith and a commitment to public service," she said.
  • "Politically, make no mistake: Kamala Harris as a woman in politics is brilliantly astute – and I have full confidence that she will lead us to victory in November."
  • Pelosi and Harris spoke by phone on Sunday after Biden dropped out, a source familiar with the matter told Axios.
Zoom in: Pelosi was a leading figure in efforts to get Biden to exit the 2024 race, with Biden-skeptic lawmakers looking to her as their best instrument for forcing the 81-year-old president off the ticket.
  • Pelosi never joined public calls for Biden to withdraw, but privately she warned him that he could hurt Democrats further down the ballot.
Between the lines: Pelosi and other leading Democrats, including former President Obama and House Minority Leader Hakeem Jeffries (D-N.Y.), held off on endorsing Harris immediately after Biden dropped out on Sunday.

• But sources told Axios that, at least in the case of congressional Democratic leaders, that was out of deference to the process than hesitance to support Harris.
  • "For some of the top leaders, they are allowing a little bit of time before making any announcements," one senior House Democrat told Axios on Sunday morning.

Other than "deference to the process" allowing time before making announcements also strings the media cycle out. If all the major players in the party announce same day/same time, it's one story. If those same important party leaders stretch out their reaction, as well as mentioning upcoming meetings with VP Harris (such as Jeffries did minutes ago in a scrum), they highlight their political importance and likewise the importance of their endorsement. More for the press to talk about.

Yep, already noted.

It's funny, last week, Pelosi was warning everyone not to anoint Harris.

Then they all turn around and anoint Harris.😂

Two of the many possibilities now.

Keep Biden in play and let Harris campaign; or

Move Biden out and let Harris show how presidential she is.

Meanwhile, an aide memoire on what's most likely coming up ....
Also archived here.

Two possibilities now.

Keep Biden in play and let Harris campaign; or
He’s already said he will see his term finished.
Move Biden out and let Harris show how presidential she is.
I think they will let her focus on campaigning, letting Biden and team govern.

Given the short fuse on all of this, that would make the most sense.

He’s already said he will see his term finished.
To be entirely fair, he did also say recently that he was running, too. Barring significant medical developments, I'd bet he's going to soldier on, but never say never now.
I think they will let her focus on campaigning, letting Biden and team govern.

Given the short fuse on all of this, that would make the most sense.
Thereby giving it the kiss of death as in most systems, political and otherwise :)

Interesting article in the Atlantic on the various options for the campaigns.

This is comedy gold :ROFLMAO:

Being forced out is not exactly "putting country before self". What ever happened to the smart as a whip candidate who won the last debate which the media has been telling us all along his of sound mind?
He was not “forced out”. Pressured, certainly, but there was no legal or internal party mechanism to compel an incumbent president from turning down the nomination after winning the primaries. He made the choice.

I stand by my main point: putting country before self is not something Trump is temperamentally capable of, and he has demonstrated that repeatedly. I expect that to be a theme of the Democrat contender’s campaign.

I stand by my main point: putting country before self is not something Trump is temperamentally capable of, and he has demonstrated that repeatedly. I expect that to be a theme of the Democrat contender’s campaign.
Seems to me has risked it all for his country, from his standpoint, and likely a huge portion of American voters.

Trump could have stayed out of politics entirely and lived a happy billionaire lifestyle. He could have avoided all the drama since he walked down that escalator, including threats to his character and threats to jail him. He was even donating the POTUS salary, so selfish... And now we've seen as close as a successful assassination attempt as we've ever seen. He's grievances with how America has been run over the last decades is well documented (Oprah etc), and he finally made a move (2015).

Unless, since becoming POTUS, his personal wealth has vastly increased and he's remained safe and secure, which I don't see evidence it has, and by many accounts here he is a terrible businessman and isn't as wealthy as he states, then your assertions are that he is doing this for selfish reasons just don't rate. I'm fairly confident a huge percentage of American voters see it this way too.

Back