• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

US Presidential Election 2024 - Trump vs Harris - Vote Hard with a Vengence

Meanwhile, the rival ticket includes a stolen valor fraudster.

So…

If you are going to claim stolen valour, you better have something better than “Vance said”

While stolen valour is a terrible thing, falsely attributing honourable service as stolen valour (especially from those with service) is far worse.

Meanwhile, the rival ticket includes a stolen valor fraudster.
No it does not; you merely prove your own gullibility parroting that. Walz’s 24 years of honorable service are already well documented farther up thread, including clear explanations of the difference between his final CSM appointment on what we would recognize as an “acting lacking” basis, versus the substantive rank for which he’s entitled to benefits. Also thoroughly dissected is the timeline of his decision to retire and run for congress, and his submission of his retirement package, versus when his unit first got notified for mobilization.

As to Trump attending a memorial… Yeah. Thumbs up at a soldier’s grave is certainly a look one could choose.IMG_5612.jpeg

Not a look I’d choose personally though, but then I’m not trying to salvage a reputation of contempt for serving members and veterans, whilst simultaneously making as many things as possible about me for purposes of an election campaign.

No it does not; you merely prove your own gullibility parroting that. Walz’s 24 years of honorable service are already well documented farther up thread, including clear explanations of the difference between his final CSM appointment on what we would recognize as an “acting lacking” basis, versus the substantive rank for which he’s entitled to benefits. Also thoroughly dissected is the timeline of his decision to retire and run for congress, and his submission of his retirement package, versus when his unit first got notified for mobilization.

As to Trump attending a memorial… Yeah. Thumbs up at a soldier’s grave is certainly a look one could choose.View attachment 87585

Not a look I’d choose personally though, but then I’m not trying to salvage a reputation of contempt for serving members and veterans, whilst simultaneously making as many things as possible about me for purposes of an election campaign.
Lmao

"I was CSM on conditions of service but left before meeting those conditions, immediately before my unit would deploy to Iraq.
But please call me CSM anyway."

A clown.

I'm relying on statements from his former colleagues.

Also, weren't you recently celebrating gleefully rationalizing the deaths of Trump supporters on these forums recently? Hardly what I'd call a paragon of morality.

Unsurprising.
"I was CSM on conditions of service but left before meeting those conditions, immediately before my unit would deploy to Iraq.
But please call me CSM anyway."
Is that an actual quote? Please provide the reference.
The clowns are the ones trying to besmirch his service. I guess political leanings overrides service. Sad. Go ahead and hate on him for his policy positions but really? Going after his service?
I'm relying on statements from his former colleagues.
Confirmation bias.
Also, weren't you recently celebrating gleefully rationalizing the deaths of Trump supporters on these forums recently? Hardly what I'd call a paragon of morality.
Huh? Are you actually calling out Brihard’s morality here? Ad hominem at best, completely ignorant statement at worst. Either way I fail to see how that statement does anything other than reveal the weakness of your argument.

I absolutely was not, and that’s a disgusting allegation. I challenge you to either back that accusation up, or retract it and apologize. Your integrity and credibility is at stake.

The "stolen valour" claims against Walz hinge on three undisputed things.

First, describing himself as a "retired CSM", having held the appointment ("frocked") for a short while without completing the training for it to be substantive. If there's room within custom to do so on the basis of having held the appointment - and I've read opinions that it is - there aren't really any grounds for a claim here.

Second, retiring shortly before his unit was due to go to Iraq. This isn't really "stolen valour", and arguments over his motivations are pointless since only he knows the truth. He ran for office and has consistently run for office since, so it wasn't some kind of one-time excuse.

Third, a handful of occasions on which he stated or insinuated he'd served in a combat zone or allowed someone to make that claim without correction. He has no defence against this one, and claiming former combat service when you have none is among the most offensive claims. Any Canadian reservist could offer an opinion as to how likely he is to claim he served "in combat" accidentally; I doubt very much that people simply "misspeak" themselves on the matter. What's lacking here is an apology sufficiently abject to satisfy critics, but in the universe of political apologies that rarely happens or is politically necessary.

As to Trump attending a memorial… Yeah. Thumbs up at a soldier’s grave is certainly a look one could choose.View attachment 87585

Yeah, those family members look really pissed off.

In the meantime, there are an awful lot of US military, active and Veterans, that don't agree with your assessment. Either of Walz or Trump. Your assessment is only your opinion of how you perceived what you wanted to read.

I absolutely was not, and that’s a disgusting allegation. I challenge you to either back that accusation up, or retract it and apologize. Your integrity and credibility is at stake.
Morning stars and halberds at 50 paces. Seconds are to report at first light..😁

Yeah, those family members look really pissed off.

In the meantime, there are an awful lot of US military, active and Veterans, that don't agree with your assessment. Either of Walz or Trump. Your assessment is only your opinion of how you perceived what you wanted to read.
Let’s not pretend that this was something he would have done were he not campaigning. The campaign is linking those event with Biden/harris so that is why he was there. Add to that his long history of attacking and demeaning the military service of his opponents, putting medals he gives his donors on par with medals given to war heroes etc then it is easy to see what he is doing here.

I’m sure that family was thrilled to have a former POTUS attend. If that made their day then good for them. I hope it did. But I’m not going to be convinced this was a thing he felt he needed to do out of duty or what not. It was an election stunt to support an election attack line.

I’m sure it’s divided the veteran and service member community. Like this article highlighting a few upset ones.

While I am aware that 26 Aug was the anniversary of the Kabul airport suicide bombing that cost the lives of 18 Americans, what was the status of this ceremony? Was it organized by any entity of the US government? Any of the elected branches? Some level within DOD? A military organization? A veterans organization? Families of the deceased? I haven't found any reference to it other than the attendance of Trump and non-attendance of Biden and Harris.

Was the ceremony intended to be a "national" commemoration of the end of the Afghan misadventure or the losses sustained during that conflict? If so what will be the significance of 30 Aug (the final day of withdrawal)? And if it wasn't a "national commemoration", were the President and Vice President invited? There is protocol for these things.

The clowns are the ones trying to besmirch his service. I guess political leanings overrides service. Sad. Go ahead and hate on him for his policy positions but really? Going after his service?
So the guys that did deploy from his unit, including the CO and CSM are clowns? Talk about disrespecting and going after someone's service🙄

LCol John Kolb, Commander, who took Walz's unit to war.

LINK - Former leader of Tim Walz’s unit joins stolen valor attacks: ‘Affront’ to claim rank ‘he did not earn’
battalion-commander-ran-tim-walzs-87674700.jpg

CSM Tom Behrends, Walz's replacement

Tim Walz a ‘coward’ and ‘traitor’ for retiring from military before Iraq, says Guardsman who replaced VP pick​

LINK - MSN

Let’s not pretend that this was something he would have done were he not campaigning. The campaign is linking those event with Biden/harris so that is why he was there. Add to that his long history of attacking and demeaning the military service of his opponents, putting medals he gives his donors on par with medals given to war heroes etc then it is easy to see what he is doing here.

I’m sure that family was thrilled to have a former POTUS attend. If that made their day then good for them. I hope it did. But I’m not going to be convinced this was a thing he felt he needed to do out of duty or what not. It was an election stunt to support an election attack line.

I’m sure it’s divided the veteran and service member community. Like this article highlighting a few upset ones.

You're making assumptions. Your bias is on full display.

While I am aware that 26 Aug was the anniversary of the Kabul airport suicide bombing that cost the lives of 18 Americans, what was the status of this ceremony? Was it organized by any entity of the US government? Any of the elected branches? Some level within DOD? A military organization? A veterans organization? Families of the deceased? I haven't found any reference to it other than the attendance of Trump and non-attendance of Biden and Harris.

Was the ceremony intended to be a "national" commemoration of the end of the Afghan misadventure or the losses sustained during that conflict? If so what will be the significance of 30 Aug (the final day of withdrawal)? And if it wasn't a "national commemoration", were the President and Vice President invited? There is protocol for these things.

One question answered.

Some of the families of the troops killed in the attack invited Mr. Trump to the ceremony arranged with the National Park Service. They did not invite Biden administration officials.

Keeping the sacrifice of Warriors, that were needlessly murdered, in the minds of people is good enough for me. I don't care who set it up.

It was a unnecessary loss of life that was a direct result of the hamfisted, poorly executed surrender by the Biden administration.

Back