• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

US Presidential Election 2024 - Trump vs Harris - Vote Hard with a Vengence

Obviously Trump must be a politician. Equally obviously he's not a lifer the way many are.
That's a bit more precisely put, and I'd tend to agree. Don't know if he wants more political clout as much as he wants attention and outside-government "public clout", but a "career politician" he ain't - especially as long as he can keep bringing in money and visibility as a rabblerouser.

Well he could be a lifer. Got to give the justice system time to work
Season 1 Episode 3 GIF by Martin

While I have no illusions that we’re in for another three months of dipshittery around Walz’s military service, it’s telling that that’s what his opponents are desperately trying to focus on.

His service record has been obtained, thoroughly documented and published:

At the end of the day he served 24 years, was disabled in service, specifically requested to be retained longer, and then retired. 24 years and retired is honorable service, full stop. He did the things his country asked of him while he was still serving.

JD Vance also served his country honourably.

Of the two candidates, one has recognized and commended the service of the other; and one has attacked and discredited the other. I know which of those two options I respect as a veteran myself.

Watching the already well-known toxicity in the online veterans community in full display over this has been as disappointing as it has been unsurprising.

Last edited:
While I'm disappointed by the attempted character assassination of Walz for his service record, I'm not surprised. We've known since at least 2004 that political tribalism will let people dismiss honourable service if that service belongs to the wrong person.

GSuSIcbWMAAsn5Q.jpg

And I know how I'd bet my loonie re: how some Republicans would paint a Democrat who served in Iraq as anything less than a fixed-bayonet operator of some sort :(
... Of the two candidates, one has recognized and commended the service of the other; and one has attacked and discredited the other. I know which of those two options I respect as a veteran myself ...
Second that motion, Mr. Chair (y)

While I have no illusions that we’re in for another three months of dipshittery around Walz’s military service, it’s telling that that’s what his opponents are desperately trying to focus on.

His service record has been obtained, thoroughly documented and published:

At the end of the day he served 24 years, was disabled in service, specifically requested to be retained longer, and then retired. 24 years and retired is honorable service, full stop. He did the things his country asked of him while he was still serving.

JD Vance also served his country honourably.

Of the two candidates, one has recognized and commended the service of the other; and one has attacked and discredited the other. I know which of those two options I respect as a veteran myself.

Watching the already well-known toxicity in the online veterans community in full display over this has been as disappointing as it has been unsurprising.
But was he an architect? ;)

While I'm disappointed by the attempted character assassination of Walz for his service record, I'm not surprised. We've known since at least 2004 that political tribalism will let people dismiss honourable service if that service belongs to the wrong person.
Yes; that was also the year Democrats sought to find stains on Bush's ANG service. I can guess that some of them regret doubling down on fake memos and giving rise to the phrase "fake but accurate".

Yes; that was also the year Democrats sought to find stains on Bush's ANG service. I can guess that some of them regret doubling down on fake memos and giving rise to the phrase "fake but accurate".
GW’s awesomeness as a pilot preserved against the Democrats of the day.

It's interesting to watch Harris campaign against herself. All the things she is purporting to fix, the administration she is currently a part of created. :LOL:

Back