• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Trudeau Popularity - or not. Nanos research

... Parties already have the ability to at least strip MPs of any assignments and eject them from caucus ...
This guy enters the chat ....
... and to block their candidacy for reelection. That’s a timely option at present.
It'll be interesting to see if any reporters try to connect dots down the road re: any incumbents who, say, won't be running next time or, heaven forbid, aren't allowed to run by Head Office.

Do we want unelected officials of the executive branch of government holding an effective veto over who can run for Parliament? I can see major issues there.
We have one or two people (party leaders) who make that call already. But at least these ones are "elected" (by their constituency not by the general public mind you). :cautious:

This is risky by the CPC and I would be quite frankly very surprised there aren’t some current or former CPC MP’s who are part of the problem.
However it seems this is too great of an opportunity to try and make a few bucks for the Party because their links take you to a donation page.

Attachments

• IMG_0224.jpeg
    IMG_0224.jpeg
    584.1 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0225.png
    IMG_0225.png
    199.3 KB · Views: 16
This is risky by the CPC and I would be quite frankly very surprised there aren’t some current or former CPC MP’s who are part of the problem.
However it seems this is too great of an opportunity to try and make a few bucks for the Party because their links take you to a donation page.
Risky?

There is zero risk involved.

"Oh, one of them is a Tory? No problem, he's out of caucus by COB. Can Liberals do the same?"

It's a win either way. They're projected to get 200 MPs next election. They can afford to purge a few traitors, if need be.

Risky?

There is zero risk involved.

"Oh, one of them is a Tory? No problem, he's out of caucus by COB. Can Liberals do the same?"

It's a win either way. They're projected to get 200 MPs next election. They can afford to purge a few traitors, if need be.
Not if the leader benefited from foreign interference to get his job.

O’toole has hinted that he believes he was ousted due to interference. That benefited the current leader.

O’toole was reportedly seen as unfriendly to China and its interests. They wanted someone else.
I suppose the longer the Libs keep the names private they can make hay by planting seeds like that.

The Liberals are going to be 100 times less incentivized to release any names than they were to investigate in the first place.

Dealing with a "we're not telling" scandal is way easier for them - they know the most other parties can do is talk shit in question period. Singh certainly isn't going to do shit. Canadians aren't going to do shit, this is just another week in the life of the Liberal party.

LeBlanc accuses Tories of theatrics as they push for names of MPs in foreign meddling report

Last edited:
It's absolutely infuriating. I wouldn't be surprised if Trudeau and company are trying to aggravate people on purpose to elicit a violent response.

It's absolutely infuriating. I wouldn't be surprised if Trudeau and company are trying to aggravate people on purpose to elicit a violent response.

I harbor no doubts that the current iteration of the LPC has that in their capacity.

I've said before JT wants his Jan 6th. Canadians are just too complacent to give him that.

I suppose the longer the Libs keep the names private they can make hay by planting seeds like that.
…but O’Toole said that himself. Not the LPC.

I harbor no doubts that the current iteration of the LPC has that in their capacity.

I've said before JT wants his Jan 6th. Canadians are just too complacent to give him that.
…a bunch of LPC supporters trying to storm Parliament to re-install him as PM? I kind of doubt that.

Adding further as I’ve dug a bit more: NSICOP members are uniquely restricted by virtue of their enabling statute. They specifically are unable to claim parliamentary privilege to disclose classified information learned in the course of NSICOP duties; that was upheld in the court case from a few years ago that I mentioned. However, this only applies to members of the committee. I cannot speak to how other Parliamentarians would see SOIA balance with parliamentary privilege. This provision of the NSICOP enabling legislation is, I suppose, part of the balance of allowing a general committee of Parliamentarians to access this material in the first place, beyond the right circle of those who would have access by virtue of, eg, cabinet roles.
I gave Alford a very quick read. It seems that the Court found that privilege and protection extends to a parliamentarian exercising the business of parliament, which would include said or occurring in the House, Senate or committee. Outside of that, such an interview, scrum, etc., it becomes less clear.

Maybe after this latest brouhaha there will be a basic security background check to become a Member of Parliament. .
From what I understand about security clearances, their terms would be up before they were cleared.

Beyond that, if they are eligible to seek office and their constituents give them the mandate, I'm not sure an administrative or bureaucratic process should prevent them.

I wish these people would put Canada first, like as is asked of us.
How can the government ask for this if they won't do it themselves?

Never forget too: they think we're "asking for more than they can give", but won't shy away from running deficits of tens of billions for a plethora of other pet projects.

I just saw a clip from Yesterday's Normandy ceremonies where an American Vet in a wheelchair shakes our P.M.'s hand as Trudeau introduces Zelensky. The Vet immediately drops Trudeau's hand and hugs Zelensky. Old guys are like Kids , Drunks and yoga pants . They all tell the truth.

I just saw a clip from Yesterday's Normandy ceremonies where an American Vet in a wheelchair shakes our P.M.'s hand as Trudeau introduces Zelensky. The Vet immediately drops Trudeau's hand and hugs Zelensky. Old guys are like Kids , Drunks and yoga pants . They all tell the truth.
I am not a Trudeau fan, but was way less about Trudeau and way more about Zelensky. That was a touching scene.

Back