• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Troops carrying pistols outside the gate

Should all soldiers leaving camp carry pistols along with rifles

• No, troops (ie riflemen) don't need it.

Votes: 71 22.3%
  • Soldiers leaving the camp should have the option of carrying pistols along with their rifles

Votes: 191 60.1%
  • Soldiers should only carry pistols if their is a special requirement/task

Votes: 50 15.7%
  • Other listed below

Votes: 6 1.9%

• Total voters
Many of us have purchased leg and thigh rigs. The weight is inconsequential

IF troops wear a leg rig - it should be up high - jst low enough to clear the armour.  It provides both a cleaner draw stroke and reduces weight on the leg -- no so much an issue for short walks from the truck - but an issue if your playing green army

Holsterclearsarmor.jpg

Pistols (especially Glocks) are fairly simply weapons - people put way too much mystique into them.  Within a few days I can get troops walking, talkign and shooting all at the same time -- and if they are really good - some can chew gun.

With BHP's or Sigs it add a bit more - Sigs must decock after the scan -- while BHP shooter remove the safe when punching out -- my 8 year old son can do that...

FightingIrish said:
i think troops should have the choice. carry a pistol and ammo is going to add so extra weight plus u are now going to have to get a holster on your tac vest or somewhere

Disagree.  Policy must be standardized, troop choice should not be an option.

As Jammer said, many guys opted for a decent hip/thigh rig...the issue "Bianchi" for the BHP is a P.O.S.!  I like a nice adjustable drop leg rig with dual straps for the holster.  I got mine at the NATO Blue store at KAIA, but I also saw similar rigs in the KAF PX.  BTW, you don't really notice the 2.5-3 lbs on your leg, and with the adjustability you can make it hug your leg so you barely feel it's there.

Cheers,
Duey

Duey said:
Chopper or Land cruiser, most cases I would pack pistol and take C8 with me, especially when not deploying to "friendly (Gov't of AFG buildings) turf" or as dictated by TFA Orders.  There were also times when I'd carry 9mm with an inside-waist holster which fit in well when moving around in circles where having weapons was frowned upon, but a good enough rapport had not been built yet for me to fully trust the locals.

+1!

Mine is a Spec-Ops rig I picked up in KAF...luv it!!!

ok question now. im a recruit so i was just wondering if you owned one like a glock or something if u would be allowed to bring it on deployment with you and then bring it on a patrol or what have you

FightingIrish said:
ok question now. im a recruit so i was just wondering if you owned one like a glock or something if u would be allowed to bring it on deployment with you and then bring it on a patrol or what have you
8 posts. Enough to know the rules about msn-speak and searching. More effort in your posts, or disciplinary actions will follow.

para-mod-boy

Nope -- but if you know a friendly security contractor -- he made able to source a Glock locally for you  ;)

I-6 friendly contractor you say... source it localy you say......

I'll be your best friend....  ;D

FWIW - Beretta M9's are a lot easier to source.  - but due to the problem of running BHP/SIG/Glock drills on them (I contstanty put them on safe after a reload or other IA  :( ) I will not use a Beretta in theatre.

Not trying to be too hijacky, but I was curious about operational pistol ammo?  Dealers choice for spec ops?

Back