• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Timing is everything...

Ralph

Inactive
Reaction score
I finally got my phone call telling me I didn’t get in to the January BOTC (not a surprise, as it started two weeks ago), but Borden wanted to keep my file open, which the captain who called said is a good sign for the September course. My problem is that my wife is due within a week of the start of training. I know the CF always tries hard to ship guys back from overseas, but getting time off of course raises more of a stink, and I can only imagine trying to get leave from basic (and within the first few weeks) might be pushing my luck to the extreme. Anyone have any examples of it working? Do I want to mention it to anyone before I get to St. Jean (or at all)?
Cheers,
Ralph

Yes, you should let them know. And explain your decisions whether you want to attend or postpone the September course. Even if you decide to go on the course and accept that you won‘t get training time off (hopefully you‘re close enough for weekend trips when authorized), you still don‘t want it to be a surprise to your course staff in case there are complications and you do have to go home.

Mike

Is it paranoid to think I might not get an offer if I tell them before the board sits (or have it reneged between getting an offer and actually leaving, which will be three months or so?) I want to be on the up-and-up, but I don‘t want them to wobble because I was too forthcoming - or should I just say I promise not to run to the CO on the second day at St. Jean, begging for a flight home?
Cheers,
Ralph.

Back