• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

time question, bad question, sorry

J

James Wood

k, this is really bad to ask, i think i already know the answer but the last thing i want to do is miss my appointment.
1430/1320...what time does this mean? Im sorry! ha

Also, what kind of facial hair are you allowed to have in basic training.

Thank you very much,

1430 is 2:30 pm and 1320 is 1:30 PM. As for Facial Hair, clean shaven and if you have a mustache, make sure its trimmed so the handle bars dont go out past your lips. If they do, wax em and curl till they dont.

A good way to convert 24 hr time and 12 hr time is simply subtract 1200 from the 24 hr time to get the conversion.

Example. 1500 in 24 hr time.

1500-1200 = 300
Just stick a nice little : in there and boom, its 3:00 PM.

Anything like 0300 is simply 3:00 AM.

Im pretty sure you would. I just finished my BMQ yesterday and we had to be clean shaven all around. The slightest stubble was absolutely not acceptable.

One of the reasons is, how are you going to get a decent seal on your gas mask with a goatee?

Im not sure if the rule varies for regiments or not. Could anyone else give some words of wisdom on the subject? I‘ll try and dig up my dress conformity papers and get some exact quotes.

EDIT: I geuss Spr. WIlliamson got his words of wisdom in before i could even finish typing :D Thanks for that

i gotta learn to type less or type faster.

No goatee. CFP 265 (CF Dress Instructions) states that beards may be worn by all ranks that wear the naval uniform, infantry pioneer platoons, and adherents of the Sikh religion. There are also a handful of medical conditions that may allow you to wear a beard.

But if you‘re doing chem warfare training, you‘ll need to be clean shaven to get a seal on the gas mask.

-R.

Yes Facil hair is to be shaved on the guidlines of which shortbus has stated. Dont worry man it‘ll grow back.

what medical condition would allow you to have a beard?

none, why what "madical condition" do you plan on saying you have...I wouldn‘t recomend it though because your recruting officer would most likely "misplace" your file in the recruiting process.?

Pte Lajeunesse
Don‘t talk about what you don‘t know. There ARE medical conditions that will allow a beard. If you want to know what kind, visit your MO. Also, to suggest the Recruiting Centre would "misplace" your file on purpose is a disparaging remark that reflects upon the honour and trust placed upon everyone in the CF. If your the type of cretin that would do something like that, you should release. If not, like I said earlier, don‘t talk about what you don‘t know.

A ret‘d Sgt who works at my unit had a beard for the majority of his CF career. He still does. Bad skin; shaving irriates the heck out of it; especially when he was in Cyprus.

A little off topic here but what are infantry pioneer platoons and why are they allowed to have beards? thanks!

Pioneer platoons are people with the skills to perform some basic engineering feats such as setting up and removing bobby traps and mines, basic charges for cratering, abettes (sp) and such, as well as things like timber frames, ice road recce‘s etc. As for the beards there is a bunch of speculation on it and I don‘t think anyone has a definate reason so I‘m not going to give my 2 cents on that.

Also get a watch like the Timex Ironman that has a 24 hour clock option and where it around all the time. You will get used to the time conversion in no "time" :D

I have a timex iron man. good watch.

Plus, you dont really need conversion in the military... they say 1600... you know it‘s +2 hrs from 1400... no conversion nessisary (<-- I can never spell that word). :D

If you have sores the size of grapefruits caused by ingrown facial hair, you may be able to get a no-shave chit.... though I‘m sure the no-shave chit wouldn‘t be the first priority.

Never done this but I‘ve heard about it. Shave, apply liberal amounts of "diesel" aftershave and you‘ll be cold. But that is the chicken shitzen way out. There is a guy in BN with a long scar along his check and he doesn‘t have to shave.

I‘ve gotten a chit for not shaving....

d@mn me and my honest nature

Back