• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Tim Hortons in Theatre Merged Thread (in AFG, no plans to preposition)

geo said:
As of 15 sept 2006 Wendy's international distributed the balance of Tim Horton Shares to shareholders on record as a special dividend (that was paid out on 29 sept 2006)

They are on their own now.  As their one and only head office is in Canada, they are 100% Canadian once again.

http://argent.canoe.com/infos/etatsunis/archives/2006/09/20060901-090915.html

I did not know that...thanks..

ArmyVern said:
The above is not only applicable to KAF -- you should see the line-ups at the 3 Timmies in this town when courses hit them!!  :mad:

Or just about any morning or coffee break 

Greymatters said:
Amazing what a pencil and a piece of paper can solve...

Also sounds like they need two seperate lineups - one for gophers making mass orders for thei local HQ, and one for individuals, possibly with a 'five items or less' sign over top...   

For those who have been to Borden, you'll know this is the case there for the one up at the Canex.  When I instructed there, we used to get our classroom orders and actually fax it to them.  Pop up 30 mins later and go over to the side (towards the back) 5 mins later, all 30 coffees are ready to go.  I've been in line at that Timmies and been wrapped right around the store.  Coffee in less than 10 min.  Drive through?  Amazing, but I don't think i've waited longer than 10 min there either!!  Hands down, the best Tim's i've ever been to.  And they never f%^#$@ up my order ONCE!!!

BinRat55 said:
Coffee in less than 10 min.  Drive through?  Amazing, but I don't think i've waited longer than 10 min there either!!  Hands down, the best Tim's i've ever been to.  And they never f%^#$@ up my order ONCE!!! 

The one in Kingston used to be pretty fast as well.  Those two place could definately give lessons to other locations...

Greymatters said:
The one in Kingston used to be pretty fast as well.  Those two place could definately give lessons to other locations...

Yes the Kingston one (I assume you are talking about the one in Canex and not the other 13 in town) is fast, but they do tend to mess up the orders. I don't know how many DD I've gotten there, and I drink my coffee black. The worst times to hit it are 0700-0730 and 0830-0930 as the line ups at the drive thru and counter are long.

211.... during "rush hour" at the drive thru, TH probably has tough enough a time keeping the coffe cups poured for the next order.  By making all of em DDs they keep the production line rolling & the clients can get to work on time.  Stopping the production line to slip in a Black coffee would screw everything up.... IMHO

The comments about the busy times was not a slam on my part, just for information. I am sorry if it came across that way. I actually have respect for the people who work there (my wife being one) for the crap they have to put up with by abnoxious customers who they still have to serve.

As for my orders, I usually go to the counter rather than drive thru and have been there at off peak times (it is very dead in there in the eves) and have gotten DD then as well. To me that is the person behind the counter not really paying attention.

Maybe she knows you, doesn't like you AND doing it on purpose  >:D

Else - she's got it in her mind that all military types drink their coffee "NATO Standard"  :warstory:

211RadOp said:
The comments about the busy times was not a slam on my part, just for information. I am sorry if it came across that way. I actually have respect for the people who work there (my wife being one) for the crap they have to put up with by abnoxious customers who they still have to serve.

Facebook has a group entitled, "Tim Hortons Rules of Ordering and More".  It's actually a pretty good list....they have a section on "worst customers" as well.  Looks like they get as pissed off as I do when someone tries to order lunch for 12 at the drive through window.

Dirt Digger said:
Facebook has a group entitled, "Tim Hortons Rules of Ordering and More".   It's actually a pretty good list....they have a section on "worst customers" as well.  Looks like they get as pissed off as I do when someone tries to order lunch for 12 at the drive through window.

It drives me crazy when someone orders a meal at the drive thru instead of coffee/donut. It's a coffee shop, not Rotten Ronies!  ;D

I still find the idea of having a drive through at a coffee shop amazing. In Australia its cutting edge to have a drive through at Hungry Jacks. Hell, we dont even have anything like Timmies unless you count Starbucks and lets face it, no one does.
I should open up a franchise here, i'd be a dead cert to get all the Canadian tourists if nothing else!

If i'm ever in Kandahar, Tim Hortons will be one of my first places to visit. I miss its cheap tea and donuts.

Canada / Timmies......

There's no place like home!

Have a good one Hale.

CHIMO!

Haleyest of Hales! said:
I still find the idea of having a drive through at a coffee shop amazing. In Australia its cutting edge to have a drive through at Hungry Jacks. Hell, we dont even have anything like Timmies unless you count Starbucks and lets face it, no one does.
I should open up a franchise here, i'd be a dead cert to get all the Canadian tourists if nothing else!
If i'm ever in Kandahar, Tim Hortons will be one of my first places to visit. I miss its cheap tea and donuts.

OI !  That's my idea for after I retire from the CF...I've already got a bunch hooked on Tims  ^-^
I figure I'll make my millions within a week...LOL
Either that, or put one in the UAE... :D
Merry Christmas..BYTD

I purchased $300.00 worth of certificates today.  Quite easy and TDL was quite accommodating.

If anyone wants to do this I highly recommend it.  Or if you don't want to go through the process
as I have a customer number I'll do it for you.

If anyone wants to donate I'm happy to buy and send more.

BYT Driver

If you want to make money with Timies and the troops. Open one at CFB Wainright  as far as I know they still don't have one just place it beside the mess you will make a killing with it there .

George, I would be inclined to agree. Now we just have to work on the "Black Hole" that we like to call Shilo/Sprucewoods, Forbidden Flavours just doesn't cut it IMO and the prices... ::)

Back