• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

those cheery Operation Objection folks

Von Garvin I noticed you post RE the East Coast provinces, recruiting number are also based on the economics of an area. if an area is economically depressed, then they are allowed to recruit more from that area.

Sorry for heading off topic all.

Boxkicker said:
Von Garvin I noticed you post RE the East Coast provinces, recruiting number are also based on the economics of an area. if an area is economically depressed, then they are allowed to recruit more from that area."

Uhmm, I don't think so. Perhaps more people may visit a recruting centre (a quite voluntary action), but there are no "quotas" regarding "this many people are allowed to be recruited from XXX province this week/month/year because it is economicly depressed.

The East Coast, per capita, has a very high and long-standing tradition and history of volunteering to serve their Country in uniform both in times of conflict and in times of relative peace and stability.

I am of the 5th generation on my father's side and a 4th generation on my mother's side to serve my country in uniform. My choice to serve had nothing to do with economics. Nor did that of my my familial predecessors, many of whom were working large and prosperous farms, owned lumber business' and other jobs when history led to their own call to arms. Some of them returned to Canada, and settled back into their traditional jobs when their work overseas was done and some did not survive to make that return. That calling though was not the result of economic hardship or ruin, they heeded the call of their hearts and of this fair land out of honour, pride and sense of duty and accomplishment.

Boxkicker said:
...recruiting number are also based on the economics of an area. if an area is economically depressed, then they are allowed to recruit more from that area.

Just wondering if you can substantiate this a little more.  Do you mean to say there's a government mandate permitting the CF to hire from an area based on its economic situation or is there a corellation between economics and recruiting or something else?

Bomber said:
http://operationobjection.org/war-free-schools/index.html

Onre of these posters got me thinking, click the one with the WW1 grav markers and comment on whether or not it makes sense.  An exit strategy?  I though we had already executed it for that particular conflict, but I may be wrong.

It was a quagmire, going there lead to Russia 1919, WWII, Korea, Germany with NATO, Oka, Bosnia and Afghanistan.  8)

Noone's mentioned any TTP's.......Does anyone here have any REAL life experience with these freaks?

I'd love to find out more about what I can expect if they show up at an event.

Any info, forwarned is forearmed, will be appreciated.

Cheers,

HH

Boxkicker said:
Von Garvin I noticed you post RE the East Coast provinces, recruiting number are also based on the economics of an area. if an area is economically depressed, then they are allowed to recruit more from that area.

The economic situation of a geographical area has nothing to due with with where we are allowed to recruit.  We have a national target with each Centre (and associated dets) having their own individual targets.  Now the economic situation of a given area may lead to more people applying or not applying.  Traditionally though the east coast (more specifically Halifax and dets) does well for numbers.  But so does Quebec City and Ottawa.  There are so many other factors though.  How much exposure to the CF does an area have, economic situation, political situation, number of post secondary institutions, how does each centre operate etc etc.

Crantor said:
The economic situation of a geographical area has nothing to due with with where we are allowed to recruit.  We have a national target with each Centre (and associated dets) having their own individual targets.  Now the economic situation of a given area may lead to more people applying or not applying.  Traditionally though the east coast (more specifically Halifax and dets) does well for numbers.  But so does Quebec City and Ottawa.  There are so many other factors though.  How much exposure to the CF does an area have, economic situation, political situation, number of post secondary institutions, how does each centre operate etc etc.

Shamrock already knows this....it's Boxkicker you should be speaking to.

The Librarian said:
Shamrock already knows this....it's Boxkicker you should be speaking to.

Whoops.  I was trying to quote the whole post including the quote.  I'll amend accordingly.

This was the infromation I was passed when I tried to roll over from the reserves to the reg, many years back. Because I had found out the people were being recruited in my trade from NFLD, CFRC Vancouver had told me that yes they were accepting people in my trade from there but vancouver had not been assigned any of those positions. Yes I do also understand that peole from the East Coast do also have a great tradtion of service to this country.

And Micheal Moore is a D*CK!!

I remember watching on cbc a year ago about how some student unions at Concrodia and McGill (I think) and some others are trying to ban the CF recruiters from coming onto campus to recruit during career fairs. I figure that if the universities capitulate and refuse the CF access to students during career fairs then perhaps those universities do not require any financial assistance from other branches of the government. These anti-everything people might think twice if they knew that their university tuition would double. Because after all the DND is a department within the Government of Canada. Or perhaps a public debate between one of them and one of us would make other students realize just how stupid these people are.

I am not saying they shouldnt be able to protest, I am just saying that banning CF recruiters is going to far. A government service is a government service, no matter what they do. If they banned RCMP OPP etc recruiters would they still ask for assistance in the case of a robbery on campus? Probably.

Several quotes come to mind:
      "If all mankind minus one were of one opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person than he, if he had the
      power, would be justified in silencing mankind.  ~John Stuart Mill, On Liberty, 1859"
      "The test of democracy is freedom of criticism.  ~David Ben-Gurion"
      "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. Even if you are an idiot. ~Voltaire/Me"

ambex,

I think you're thinking of the dust-up in the states over that exact issue. (I think it was a law school)  And I think tuition would go up 5 times,  not double ;) 

Back