• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

those cheery Operation Objection folks

Teflon

Inactive
Reaction score
Remember those cheery Operation Objection folks (the anti recruitment fellows)

Here's a link to thier calender of upcomming events in Canada's cities in case anyone wants to try to correct thier mis-information in thier town:

http://operationobjection.org/CR_Calendar2.pdf

;D Have a good one!

Dang I missed them. They were in my town on the 1st and 2nd.

Ahhh bummer. They are not planning on 'gracing' the East Coast with their presence. No big loss really.

The Librarian said:
Ahhh bummer. They are not planning on 'gracing' the East Coast with their presence. No big loss really.
I noticed that too.  
As an aside, last night's local CBC news (television) mentioned that although the Atlantic Provinces make up some 5% of the population (or so), they make up some 25% of the CF.  Interesting.

I think that's more of a list of recruiting events that they want people to go to and protest. I wonder if they're actually cohesive enough to actually organize anything at any of these events. Maybe if someone here has had a run in with them?

Also, from their site I found this quote:
Counter-recruitment efforts in the United States have seriously hampered the war in Iraq, and we have the potential to have a similar impact on Canada's war in Afghanistan.
http://operationobjection.org/about.html

So... Allow me to paraphrase.. since I see that pretty much as "We've been trying our darnedest to hinder our troops to create a long and drawn out quagmire where more soldiers will get killed"

Or maybe I'm just cynical.

"seriously harmed the war in Iraq" my arse.  Sorry, but these ne'er do wells ought to be locked up.  Having an opinion and expressing it is one thing.  Spewing propaganda and mis-truths is another.
"Canada's war", they forget to say, is also the "UN's war".  Arses.

Maybe I'm short a couple of sandwiches for a picnic (or maybe these objectional people are) but what can they possibly have to say to a youngster attending a job fair to look at jobs that would dissuade them from collecting a glossy pamphlet? Last job fair I was at, all any of the employers were doing was handing out glossy bumpf and shaking hands.  I mean what would they say? "Don't look at the CF booth - they are the evil empire?" Now I know with my kid when she was 16-17 that if I said, don't look/do/say something, she'd do the exact opposite.  I'm at a loss at this group's effectiveness??? I just see a bunch of out of work weenies wanting other kids to play in their sandbox without offering anything substantive in return.. I mean are there benefits to being a demonstrator that I'm not aware of?

The payoff from some *cough* "help the hungry in__________" charity?

Ahhh, that's too bad, I didn't see Petawawa as a site worthy of their presence.  I'm sure they only like to pick on the the poor defenseless students in the big cities and not us poor backward rural folk.

All kidding aside, I think it would be hilarious for the to come to Petawawa, or Gagetown.

Chilly

Just a couple of thoughts.......

Has anyone got first hand experience dealing with these wackos?

Does anyone know their TTP's for how they do business at these seminars? For example:

Do they physically attempt to disrupt the activities?
Do they harass or degrade potential applicants or people who might be interested in the CF? Etc.....

I agree that the're misinformed wingnuts, but if we know their TTP's, it's obviously helpful....

Cheers,

HH

When I saw them in Toronto, there were two shaggy old guys with over-grown white beards and woman with grey wiry hair that resembled Medusa herself. It seemed that they also protest against cutting hair and bathing.

At the CF booth, there was a group of clean, well kept women and men that were much more inviting than the slobs at the anti-recruiting booth. To date, I've only seen the anti's protesting war at the Toronto International Air Show (no one gave a care, as they were only here to ruin a good time). At the fairs, they just set up a booth, and most people stayed away.

Anyways, the anti's are a very small minority, even here in Toronto. People in the East and small towns are lucky not to have them. It's too bad they target only big cities, but at least they don't have a gig at the University of Toronto.  :)

Humm they are in Red Deer March 07...Might have to grab a few of the guys and go see what kinda drivel they are spewing....And then put them in there place.... >:D

Well operation objection is one thing,  they're not doing anything on remembrance day ... I know they wanted another protest - somewhere near a military parade, but when their big protest flopped (in a big way) I think they decided to change their plans. (these two groupd on the grass roots are the same people)

http://www.nowar.ca/index.php?option=com_events&task=view_detail&agid=5&year=2006&month=11&day=10&Itemid=1

"People from across Canada will be gathering in Ottawa, Ontario from November 10-12, at the 2006 Canadian Peace Alliance (CPA) Convention. Governments and corporations have failed to overcome their addiction to the spoils of war. Canada now has a Prime Minister and a government doing everything they can to align Canada with Bush and the American Empire. Peace is up to the rest of us now. "

Here is the schedule
http://www.acp-cpa.ca/en/CPA-ConventionProgram2006.pdf

Whee room two is doing puppet making. And in room three stopping the war on Terra (a pagan goddess of earth)  ... and room 4 seems to have nothing to do with us (Canada) ...

I'm really glad they changed their plans from protests on remembrance day.  Not for the sake of their own cause,  but out of honest concern for the people they would upset.

241 said:
Humm they are in Red Deer March 07...Might have to grab a few of the guys and go see what kinda drivel they are spewing....And then put them in there place.... >:D

Red Deer?  So much for that "they are only in Major Cities" theory  :blotto:  (I wonder if my semester break will be then so I can go home and see who's running that group - I was hard core NDP growing up in Alberta)

If you think Red Deer is a little odd I am pretty sure I saw Grande Prairie on there too....I thought they where sticking around where there where CF units....All we have up there is 4 CRPG and cadets so.....

If for some reason I don't get on BMQ before January, I will run recce on one of their "protests" - it seems they are gracing the U of Manitoba with their presence.

http://operationobjection.org/war-free-schools/index.html

Onre of these posters got me thinking, click the one with the WW1 grav markers and comment on whether or not it makes sense.  An exit strategy?  I though we had already executed it for that particular conflict, but I may be wrong.

And there is a map on the bottom of the page showing the Pipe Line.  No other info, just some grainy scan with a black line on it.  But, it is all clear to me now.....

http://operationobjection.org/war-free-schools/handbook.pdf

On page ten it tells you how to organize your protest, appearantly the people organizing these events are "slower" than the rest fo the population

Insert here

"Students shouldn't have to kill or die to get an education," says (local student).  "Canada's war in Afghanistan is not a war for democracy-it's about oil and making George Bush happy.  We want a war free school"

1.  I do believe that "Students shouldn't have to kill or die to get an education" however, if they want ti paid for by the canadian Forces, they may have to.  If they don't want this, the can a) work their way through school b) get mom and adad to pay for it c) get a student loan d)ask Op Objection to pay for their education....

2.  I am impressed at how well prepared Op Objection is, the press release is already written, you just fill in the time, place, insert name here, and release it to the local media.  This takes all thinking out of the process, kind of like something you would need for an automoton mindless Kill Bot.....

3.  George Bush needs something to be happy about after these recent elections, so everyone watch out, I predict that to raise his morale, the entire CF is deploying, Cadets and Rangers included.  This will somehow produce boundless oil.

Check out page 16 & 17 I guess photoshop wasn't part of the course, living in Ottawa I noticed right away that the buildings in the background were misplaced or off kilter. The Langevin bldg directly across from Parlament Hill in picture on page 16 is so badly cut & pasted it looks like it sinking in the middle. The pic on page 17 looks like some protesters were only 1/2 there again poor cropping.

Back