• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The War in Ukraine

I have to admire the Ukrainian Opsec on this, no one knows what the goal is, where the forces are exactly at, what is their next move. It must be paralyzing for the Russian Command to deal with.

I have to admire the Ukrainian Opsec on this, no one knows what the goal is, where the forces are exactly at, what is their next move. It must be paralyzing for the Russian Command to deal with.
Well the Russians have managed to confuse it even more as reportedly they have removed big G as the Commander of the Operations related to Kursk and put the FSB in charge.

Except for ex-Gen Gerasimov…he’s not worrying about how to deal with it…

Let’s not lose sight of the fact that most of us here are limited to OSINT. The Russians still possess SIGINT and HUMINT capabilities, photo and radar satellites, aerial reconnaissance… however much or little that know, it’s still definitely more than us.

However Ukraine is likely being fed much more and better data than that.

Let’s not lose sight of the fact that most of us here are limited to OSINT. The Russians still possess SIGINT and HUMINT capabilities, photo and radar satellites, aerial reconnaissance… however much or little that know, it’s still definitely more than us.
All the data in the world isn’t useful unless it’s processed into actionable intelligence.

It appears that Russia (at this point) is not managing the analysis and dissemination well at all, nor the decision making process when that data is presented to the power that be.
However Ukraine is likely being fed much more and better data than that.
Yup.

It’s been said that the RuAF had knowledge of the Ukrainian build up near the border and it was discounted and the analysts that brought it up were punished.

The Russian bot machine seems to be going gangbusters to make the Ukrainian losses seem worse for morale purposes. I came across a Reddit clip claiming "Heavy Ukrainian Losses in Kursk" and it looked like one KIA and a Senator. The panic seems to be palpable in the Russian sources. Apparently Gerasimov has been sacked and has been replaced by Bortnikov. No actual confirmation on that. He's bad news, being a Cheka apologist and believing in using repression as a legitimate tool for the state. All in all, a brutal, probably sick fuck.Bortnikov is one of the most powerful men in Russia behind Putin, as he's in charge of the FSB and now potentially the Army. He does hold the rank of general although I don't think he was ever in the Army.

Back