• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The War in Ukraine

Are the Ukrainians repeating the mistakes of Bakhmut and being unwilling to give up territory for political reasons to the point that they are again taking increasingly unfavourable loss rates in the Donbas? According to this BBC article things are starting to look dicey in the Pokrovsk sector:

A definite possibility. There still exists a lot of mid level commanders who understand the soviet 'tactics' better and use them a lot

If we were paying attention, I would say 1999. That was when the FSB bombed apartment buildings in Russia, which Putin blamed on Chechens, which they used as a pretext to retake Chechnya and flatten Grozny. This propelled him into the Presidency, starting his rise as a Tsar in all but name.

I admit at the time I bought the Russian stories about Islamic terrorism, etc. It wasn’t for a few years later when journalists, activists and former FSB agents started getting whacked did I readjust my outlook.
USSR 2.0 and the recent Crocus city hall attack. Some things never change.

3.9 million Ukrainians deliberately starved to death in a year. 1 Austin's Darrell K Royal Memorial Stadium or 3 Regina's Mosaic stadiums worth every SECOND of the silent memorial at the end of the video.

Does anyone seriously think Ukraine will agree to 'negotiate' with an Imperial Russian dictator who constantly lies and has yet to honor any agreements he signed?

Last edited:
Some details on Canada's latest contributions to Ukraine:

Cu
Leo 1 in Combat with lots of ERA

View attachment 88016
Curious that it doesn’t have a drone cage at this point, as nearly all the Abram’s and Leo2 have now been so modified.
No time to fabricate them yet?

I note that 85% of the 18 Brigades that where supposed to get Western Equipment still have not gotten it, and the rest don’t have a full complement.

Cu

Curious that it doesn’t have a drone cage at this point, as nearly all the Abram’s and Leo2 have now been so modified.
No time to fabricate them yet?

I note that 85% of the 18 Brigades that where supposed to get Western Equipment still have not gotten it, and the rest don’t have a full complement.
Would be interesting to see test results of cage vs ERA efficacy against FPV and dropped AT RPG rounds

Would be interesting to see test results of cage vs ERA efficacy against FPV and dropped AT RPG rounds
The ERA isn't really effective on the top of the turret - as it tends to damage optics and other stuff when buttoned up - and crew if not -- so the cage provides stand off for that.

If you look at what the Ukrainians have done on the Abrams - there are not using any ERA - just the RPG cages like where used on Strykers and Bradleys in Iraq - but adding a turret top cage and netting as well to block the FPV drones.

So . . . what is preventing the HUR/Ukrainian SF from attacking North Korean shipping/transport? North Korea and Iran have allied themselves so closely as to be considered combatants.

If the reasoning is that then NATO countries could be considered combatants and liable to attack, well Russia had already explicitly stated they are at war with NATO - repeatedly, and have conducted war activities against it already

So . . . what is preventing the HUR/Ukrainian SF from attacking North Korean shipping/transport? North Korea and Iran have allied themselves so closely as to be considered combatants.

If the reasoning is that then NATO countries could be considered combatants and liable to attack, well Russia had already explicitly stated they are at war with NATO - repeatedly, and have conducted war activities against it already

accessibility. NK ships via rail and shipping from Iran I would think is either via air or in crowded seas leaving little time for access.

Back