• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Threat of Modern Piracy- A Merged Thread

The RN should have employed her carriers and submarine to attack Bismark; and stayed away from a surface engagement at all costs.
In the early part of the war there was probably still a softspot for a line-of-battle type of engagement. At the start of the war, I have read they only 7 carriers - IDK how many with the Home Fleet and the embarked a/c were pretty dated.

You're a lucky guy, I bet not many Canadians can say they have witnessed that.

Have I told you I'm jealous yet ? ;)
I had to make do with watching news footage of the USS New Jersey shelling Lebanon when I was a kid back in the 80’s. That in itself was amazing to watch.

I can only imagine what Blackbeard could have done if he got his hands on the Bismarck.

21st Century Barbary Pirates...
I think the USMC had a solution to that problem the last time...
2903f072-3e16-4d46-a9de-f4f8140b6fea_1.15661516aafafad43e06e19b2ef453b5.jpeg

In the early part of the war there was probably still a softspot for a line-of-battle type of engagement. At the start of the war, I have read they only 7 carriers - IDK how many with the Home Fleet and the embarked a/c were pretty dated.
They had two carriers out hunting the Bismark, HMS Victorious and Ark Royal, that was 33% of their active carriers.

Interesting OP by Indian Navy to recapture a freighter from pirates off the coast of Somalia.

Interesting OP by Indian Navy to recapture a freighter from pirates off the coast of Somalia.

Can you hear the teeth gnashing and griping from those who defend these asshole pirates?

Good job India!!!

Back