• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The RCAF's Next Generation Fighter (CF-188 Replacement)

No, I never wore it again.

I was much younger and fresher then, and, as I said, Speedos were formal wear at Baggersees (literal translation: "digger lake"). They were very common, especially among many larger and older than I was then, and some wore less.

You would not believe how much stress a string bikini can take.

The idea that speedo were considered formal wear ANYWHERE at some point is still low key blowing my mind...

I thought I lived somewhat dangerously from time to time. But it's reading things like the above that humbly remind me we don't even hold a candle to the previous generations

Isn’t the mantra (for nude beaches, but I guess it counts here) “those who do so are the ones you wish didn’t do so”? :sneaky:
That was generally true in the Caracalla Therme Home (the outdoor sauna shown post-dates my time) in Baden-Baden as well - the older and fatter, the skimpier the bikini. Bathing suits were required throughout, but were not permitted in the solarium upstairs, which included the saunas and a bar - I will never again have a beer before entering a 500C sauna. Guess who did and did not wrap themselves in towels.

There were a few delightful exceptions, though.

That was generally true in the Caracalla Therme Home (the outdoor sauna shown post-dates my time) in Baden-Baden as well - the older and fatter, the skimpier the bikini. Bathing suits were required throughout, but were not permitted in the solarium upstairs, which included the saunas and a bar - I will never again have a beer before entering a 500C sauna. Guess who did and did not wrap themselves in towels.

There were a few delightful exceptions, though.
The Caracalla Therme was a great place. My ex and I used to go there all the time.

1724458892777.gif

Yeah, its not like Russia could ever fly and operative into Edmonton, have them rent a car to drive up to Cold Lake, and play monkeyshines....

Geography is our security, right?

I suspect that most Canadians are blissfully unaware that we actually do share a maritime border with Russia..
The moment they hear that it involves some distance over water and furthmore that it's in the Arctic and their eyes glaze over.
After all we're safe courtesy of all that ice and water, right ?

We do not share a border with Russia anymore than France shares a border with Algeria. The border are at 12 NM from the last land. The Arctic ocean is almost two and a half time the size of the Mediterranean sea.

The fact that all Arctic nations claim the rights to resources exploitation in the Arctic all the way to the North pole on the basis of "continental" shelf extension does not make the border common or shared.

Back