• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The RCAF's Next Generation Fighter (CF-188 Replacement)

No, I never wore it again.

I was much younger and fresher then, and, as I said, Speedos were formal wear at Baggersees (literal translation: "digger lake"). They were very common, especially among many larger and older than I was then, and some wore less.

You would not believe how much stress a string bikini can take.

The idea that speedo were considered formal wear ANYWHERE at some point is still low key blowing my mind...

I thought I lived somewhat dangerously from time to time. But it's reading things like the above that humbly remind me we don't even hold a candle to the previous generations

Isn’t the mantra (for nude beaches, but I guess it counts here) “those who do so are the ones you wish didn’t do so”? :sneaky:
That was generally true in the Caracalla Therme Home (the outdoor sauna shown post-dates my time) in Baden-Baden as well - the older and fatter, the skimpier the bikini. Bathing suits were required throughout, but were not permitted in the solarium upstairs, which included the saunas and a bar - I will never again have a beer before entering a 500C sauna. Guess who did and did not wrap themselves in towels.

There were a few delightful exceptions, though.

That was generally true in the Caracalla Therme Home (the outdoor sauna shown post-dates my time) in Baden-Baden as well - the older and fatter, the skimpier the bikini. Bathing suits were required throughout, but were not permitted in the solarium upstairs, which included the saunas and a bar - I will never again have a beer before entering a 500C sauna. Guess who did and did not wrap themselves in towels.

There were a few delightful exceptions, though.
The Caracalla Therme was a great place. My ex and I used to go there all the time.

Back