• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The RCAF's Next Generation Fighter (CF-188 Replacement)

How long before we get our first F-35? Just wondering if I'll see one with a RCAF roundelle before I die of old age.😄

How long before we get our first F-35? Just wondering if I'll see one with a RCAF roundelle before I die of old age.😄

The aircraft will be on time, the crews and infrastructure at our bases is a different question. Will the Americans even release the jets if the security standards aren’t met?

Not if you use Google or Meta/Facebook/Instagram to search for it in the news…
I don't go to any of them for news. Canadian or otherwise. They are there purely for my entertainment. Actually, just FB. I don't use or subscribe to the others. I'll bet it's been 3-4 years since I searched anything using Google. 😁

It just occurred to me why my searching has been so odd while I have been up visiting.
The federal government’s failed attempt at blackmailing the Big Tech industry to pay Canadian media outlets for linking articles. Rather than pay up, Big Tech said “Screw you guys.” 🖕

That the government actually thought this would end in Facebook and Google sending bags of cash to every Canadian media outlet for the privilege of linking to their articles shows the total incompetence of this government. 🤦‍♂️

The federal government’s failed attempt at blackmailing the Big Tech industry to pay Canadian media outlets for linking articles. Rather than pay up, Big Tech said “Screw you guys.” 🖕

That the government actually thought this would end in Facebook and Google sending bags of cash to every Canadian media outlet for the privilege of linking to their articles shows the total incompetence of this government. 🤦‍♂️

Your missing the point. This makes Canadians only get news from sources the GOC has bought and paid for. Totalitarian media control in its infancy.

"RCAF fighter pilots will undergo CF-18 to F-35A transition training at Luke AFB’s F-35A Pilot Training Center"

No surprise there. They will enjoy the posting a lot. Great area, lower cost of living and the traditional American respect for the military. Nice Winters.

Always had them flying over our residence on the way to the trg area.

"RCAF fighter pilots will undergo CF-18 to F-35A transition training at Luke AFB’s F-35A Pilot Training Center"

No surprise there. They will enjoy the posting a lot. Great area, lower cost of living and the traditional American respect for the military. Nice Winters.

I was thinking that this would be a better spot for the RCAF to train on the F-35

Also, that’s where the international F-35 trg location is based. So, it’s not really a surprise that Luke AFB was chosen.

Back