• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Next Conservative Leader

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jarnhamar said:
Some of them had to sell property before being convinced to come to Canada.

My neighbours did not have that concern.

Loachman said:
My neighbours did not have that concern.

Were the coming directly from Syria or one of the UN refugee camps do you know? I remember when the Liberals vowed to take 30'000 (I believe it was) a story came out that thousands (close to 30'000?)were contacted and something like less than 3000 showed an interest in coming to Canada, they wanted different countries for various reasons. That's where I read some of them needed to sell property before coming here, which I found weird.

They spent a few years in at least one camp, and are very happy to be here, and are very appreciative. Their English has improved a lot (from nothing), but is not yet to the point of being able to easily discuss complex matters.

The father and two oldest boys are all working, plus taking English lessons and doing their best to improve their educations. They just bought a car as well.

Being privately-sponsored by a very, very supportive group certainly helped, but they are also determined to make their own way.

Great neighbours, and a very good family.

Jarnhamar said:
Cheryl Gallant's comments are little party grenades.
Well put -- she hasn't been doing Team Blue a lot of image favours during her time in office - although she does keep getting elected.

milnews.ca said:
Well put -- she hasn't been doing Team Blue a lot of image favours during her time in office - although she does keep getting elected.

Have you seen the competition?

Loachman said:
They spent a few years in at least one camp, and are very happy to be here, and are very appreciative. Their English has improved a lot (from nothing), but is not yet to the point of being able to easily discuss complex matters.

The father and two oldest boys are all working, plus taking English lessons and doing their best to improve their educations. They just bought a car as well.

Being privately-sponsored by a very, very supportive group certainly helped, but they are also determined to make their own way.

Great neighbours, and a very good family.

That's cool and good news.  Much like the Haddad family in Antigonish of the Peace by Chocolate fame.  The very kind of new Canadians I want to see here.  Unlike the lot from Hamilton that were covered in a video by, The Rebel.  They're trash and ungrateful to say the least.

milnews.ca said:

Likely because she actually listens and fights for her constituents. As opposed to the animatronic voting robots on the other side of the aisle. You know the ones. Pull the string and get the same Gerald Butts non answer from any one of them. Team Trudeau has not provided a single, on topic answer to any question put to them since they took power.

Loachman] Great neighbours said:

I honestly considered voting other than conservative because of her. She is very active and fights for her members but some of the stuff she says is pretty out there. The local Liberal candidate seemed like a really good dude with good views. I think a big reason she keeps getting elected is because military members are predisposed to vote conservative. She lucked in with her riding thats for sure  ;D

Between the crooks at the NFA getting gun owners personal information and me being harassed constantly through emails and phone calls for money, despite repeated attempts to stop them, I won't be supporting the conservatives financially for a long time.

I tend to agree with you Jarnhamar.  There are certain ridings that anyone could run in and still win. 

Jarnhamar said:
I honestly considered voting other than conservative because of her. She is very active and fights for her members but some of the stuff she says is pretty out there. The local Liberal candidate seemed like a really good dude with good views. I think a big reason she keeps getting elected is because military members are predisposed to vote conservative. She lucked in with her riding thats for sure  ;D

Between the crooks at the NFA getting gun owners personal information and me being harassed constantly through emails and phone calls for money, despite repeated attempts to stop them, I won't be supporting the conservatives financially for a long time.

Pembroke had a very good Liberal MP, Len Hopkins, the longest serving member in his day.  Unfortunately, then along came Hec and after one term in Parliament, it was the end of a long Liberal Red Riding.

George Wallace said:
Pembroke had a very good Liberal MP, Len Hopkins, the longest serving member in his day.  Unfortunately, then along came Hec and after one term in Parliament, it was the end of a long Liberal Red Riding.
That can happen, too -- looooooooooooong timer, then change, then another looooooooong timer.

recceguy said:
Likely because she actually listens and fights for her constituents. As opposed to the animatronic voting robots on the other side of the aisle. You know the ones. Pull the string and get the same Gerald Butts non answer from any one of them. Team Trudeau has not provided a single, on topic answer to any question put to them since they took power.

To be fair, CPC lost 2 seats here in Vancouver, because the MP played very well at being lapdogs, well Weston showed a few signs of independent thinking, but Saxton was a trained poodle.

Colin P said:
To be fair, CPC lost 2 seats here in Vancouver, because the MP played very well at being lapdogs, well Weston showed a few signs of independent thinking, but Saxton was a trained poodle.

And who can forget this example of "animatronics" lol.

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2015/07/30/video-shows-conservative-mps-reading-from-identical-script.html

However I will grant the fact and respect that Gallant speaks her mind (I just can't respect what she spouts sometimes).  A good example of her standing up for what she believes in is her being the only sitting MP (and only CPC member) to not vote in support of the Paris accord which otherwise was supported by all parties and members except her. 

Remius said:
And who can forget this example of "animatronics" lol.

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2015/07/30/video-shows-conservative-mps-reading-from-identical-script.html

However I will grant the fact and respect that Gallant speaks her mind (I just can't respect what she spouts sometimes).  A good example of her standing up for what she believes in is her being the only sitting MP (and only CPC member) to not vote in support of the Paris accord which otherwise was supported by all parties and members except her.

Do you suppose that your example, from the Red Star, is equal to the liebrals? Since it came to power this time, the liebral caucus, including the PM have been nothing but puppets mouthing those nonsensical platitudes penned by Gerald Butts. They have made a mockery of debate and sincerity. The modus operandi of answering questions has been to launch on an unrelated tirade of how Harper ruined everything, how Harper left them a deficit, when it was a surplus. They pass the answer sheet around and everyone gets a chance to read it verbatim. You simply cannot compare your example to the outright contempt for the Canadian people that the clown prince and his gaggle of trained seals has shown since being elected.

recceguy said:
Do you suppose that your example, from the Red Star, is equal to the liebrals? Since it came to power this time, the liebral caucus, including the PM have been nothing but puppets mouthing those nonsensical platitudes penned by Gerald Butts. They have made a mockery of debate and sincerity. The modus operandi of answering questions has been to launch on an unrelated tirade of how Harper ruined everything, how Harper left them a deficit, when it was a surplus. They pass the answer sheet around and everyone gets a chance to read it verbatim. You simply cannot compare your example to the outright contempt for the Canadian people that the clown prince and his gaggle of trained seals has shown since being elected.

Actually it is originally from the Broadbent institute but was the first thing that showed up in a google search but I had a good chuckle back then when it came out.  It's actually refreshing to see the CPC in opposition because some of their members are able to speak more freely and actually show the talent they have.  Yes I can compare them.  Trudeau and his liberals are heading in the exact same direction the CPC was.  The CPC were all reading from the same prepared script and the exact same lines and prepared statements verbatim.  Just because they are of a different colour doesn't mean they aren't the same.  The fact is that video shows that back then, the CPC were just as much the trained animatronic seals the Liberals are now.

recceguy said:
Missed the point entirely. You're a smart lad. Go back and figure it out. ;)

Don't take this personally but your response was a bit discombobulated and turned into a rant about Liberals and Gerald Butts (I have no doubt that he is behind the messaging btw just like Ray Novak was Harper's puppet master).  My assumption was that we were comparing the Liberals and Conservatives as trained animatronic trained seals.  My point was that they are exactly the same and answered your question about that comparison.  I'll assume you also missed my point entirely as well but being the smart old timer that you are I'm sure you'll go back and figure it out as well.  ;D

If we are moving on to discussing Liberals and their current governing style I am more than happy to engage.  I posted something in the Politic 2017 thread about my concerns with the Liberals.  Their true colours are starting to come out but not enough to sway most people in two years I think.

The Key for Scheer and the CPC is to give his MP latitude to address topics and guidance on how to address key issues like abortion, gay marriage and make clear to everyone all the time what the view of the party is on those “hot issues”. So he can be seen as allowing dissent and varying opinions without the party turning into a herd of cats. He can then paint the Libs as Harper 2.0

Colin P said:
The Key for Scheer and the CPC is to give his MP latitude to address topics and guidance on how to address key issues like abortion, gay marriage and make clear to everyone all the time what the view of the party is on those “hot issues”. So he can be seen as allowing dissent and varying opinions without the party turning into a herd of cats. He can then paint the Libs as Harper 2.0

That's exactly what I've been saying previously.  Pasrt of the issue is that everyone will pounce on those issues when they are brought up by someone or an individual in the party and claims of secret agendas and fear mongering will come to the fore.  I think though that Scheer's demeanour, smiling, soft spoken will help cushion that in Way Stephen Harper couldn't.  Time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back