• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Military Police [MP] Superthread

Anyone know how many MP's they're taking this year? I've heard a few different numbers.
And anyone know when the next selection/intake will be.
I've completed my MPAC.. just waiting for a job offer (hopefully)
Thanks

For anyone in the waiting game like myself.. There is a selection coming up May 30th. Good luck.

I've had my CT in since early January. Haven't heard anything back at all. Most of the way through my RCMP application, and also will be riding along with the MPs in Edmonton here soon.

Asked and answered in Ask a CAF Recruiter. For reference,

Military Police 
http://milnet.ca/forums/threads/123246.0.html
Q: "I was wondering can I become a military police if Crime, Law and Justice Studies was my minor in University?"

A: "If you are planning the NCM route, your degree must be from an accredited Canadian University (University of Saskatchewan is such) . . . however your degree must be in either Criminology, Justice Studies, Criminal Justice, Police Sciences or Studies, Law, Psychology, Sociology or Emergency/Crisis and Disaster Management."

Realize this thread hasn't been replied to in a while, but just looking for MP applicants out there.
Anyone waiting to go on MPAC or already finished and awaiting selection?

One more thing please. On the CAF website it says that to be a Military Police Officer they are preferably looking at a degree in law. Do I have to have a degree in law or can it be other degrees not related to law at all for example biology, environmental sciences, civil engineering etc? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Andraste said:
Good morning,

I am assuming you are talking about joining as an NCM MP and not an officer?  If you are planning the NCM route, your degree must be from it an accredited Canadian University (University of Saskatchewan is such) . . . however your degree must be in either Criminology, Justice Studies, Criminal Justice, Police Sciences or Studies, Law, Psychology, Sociology or Emergency/Crisis and Disaster Management.

Cheers

Andraste

Has anyone ever gone through the process from CFAT to Job Offer for Military Police (NCM process) is it any different from any other trade? I've heard multiple different things.

I'm currently at my "Medical/Interview" process. I'm not sure what is next for the Military Police part?

I saw "MPAC" stuff. Question, what is that? Do you do that before your job offer?

militaryfamily14 said:
I saw "MPAC" stuff. Question, what is that?

What is MPAC?
https://army.ca/forums/threads/96653.0

See also,

MPAC
https://www.google.ca/search?q=site%3Aarmy.ca+PAC&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-CA:IE-Address&ie=&oe=&rlz=1I7GGHP_en-GBCA592&gfe_rd=cr&ei=YzRjV6jGAceC8QfHiYvgCA&gws_rd=ssl#q=site:army.ca+MPAC

Do I need a degree in Law, Criminology etc. To become a Military Police Officer? Or can I have any degree?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

mendozajoshua92. said:
Do I need a degree in Law, Criminology etc. To become a Military Police Officer? Or can I have any degree?

garb811 said:
This is the current list of acceptable degrees for MPO, effective 5 May 15:

- Criminal Justice
- Criminology
- Emergency/Crisis and Disaster Management
- Justice Studies (including Law & Justice and Human Justice)
- Law (including Law & Society)
- Police Science / Studies
- Psychology
- Sociology
- Baccalauréat en sécurité publique
- Baccalauréat en sécurité et études policières

I only post that for illustrative purposes; what is acceptable today may not be tomorrow and vice versa (ie.  If the MPO trade goes RED it is possible to apply with ANY degree, although recruiting is NOT our problem with MPO strength so unless you have one of the preferred degrees you're still going to be a less than attractive candidate). 

As with all things recruiting, the best bet is to always check with a recruiter as to what the current standard is.

As always, Recruiting is your most trusted source of information.

For reference, perhaps "Question" will be merged with The Military Police [MP] Superthread 
http://milnet.ca/forums/threads/4577/post-1413145.html#msg1413145
30 pages.

See also, mendozajoshua92.

The Military Police [MP] Superthread 
mendozajoshua92. said:
On the CAF website it says that to be a Military Police Officer they are preferably looking at a degree in law. Do I have to have a degree in law or can it be other degrees not related to law at all for example biology, environmental sciences, civil engineering etc?

See also mendozajoshua92.

Ask a CAF Recruiter
Military Police 
mendozajoshua92. said:
I was wondering can I become a military police if Crime, Law and Justice Studies was my minor in University?

Forces.ca
If you already have a university degree, preferably in a criminal justice-related field, the Forces will decide if your academic background matches the criteria for this job and may place you directly into the required job training program following basic training.
http://www.forces.ca/en/job/militarypoliceofficer-74#de

Any other occupations you are interested in?

mendozajoshua92 asks questions about becoming an Engineer 
http://milnet.ca/forums/threads/122472/post-1424703.html#msg1424703

I'm waiting for MPAC. My recruiter just told me that there should be one coming up in November...

Sorry for a question that MAY be stupid.

But I was under the impression that the MPAC isn't a requirement anymore, at least at first?  Only required if a member is to be badged?  (I guess that is on the Reserve side?)

CBH99 said:
But I was under the impression that the MPAC isn't a requirement anymore, at least at first?  Only required if a member is to be badged?  (I guess that is on the Reserve side?)

Some MPAC info here,

https://www.google.ca/search?q=site%3Aarmy.ca+mpac&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-CA:IE-Address&ie=&oe=&rlz=1I7GGHP_en-GBCA592&gfe_rd=cr&ei=U2BtV77zCuuM8QfE_qfYBQ&gws_rd=ssl

As always,  Recruiting is your most trusted source of information.

Hello
I have a question regarding the opportunities for career progression as a MP O.
Are MP O's restricted to military police positions only or do they have the chance to take command in varies staff positions. Unit, base, DND HQ ect Along the line of what a Infantry or signals officer might do?.

Any answers are greatly appreciated.Thank you for your time.
cheers :cdn:

Just a point of clarity, staff officers don't command in staff positions. Command implies they lead troops in a formed unit, like a CO or Platoon Commander.

soldier16 said:
Hello
I have a question regarding the opportunities for career progression as a MP O.
Are MP O's restricted to military police positions only or do they have the chance to take command in varies staff positions. Unit, base, DND HQ ect Along the line of what a Infantry or signals officer might do?.

Any answers are greatly appreciated.Thank you for your time.
cheers :cdn:

On many bases, an MP O is both a platoon commander and staff advisor to the Base Commander.  There are many MP staff officers positions in Commands and NDHQ but most MP O positions at base, brigade, and division are double hatted with command of MP assets and Staff advisor to their formation commander.

Back