• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Khadr Thread

Anyone going to Toronto on leave - I'll lend you an AR10  ;)

Short Film - TEAM CANADA INTERNAL POLICE  :threat:

TEASER

*Opening Scene - Four Taliban / Al Qaeda fighters are nestled in the rocks overlooking a valley in Afghanistan. Below, are five Humvee's travelling down a dusty path. Abdurahman Khadr (Sean Penn), Abdullah Khadr (Samuel L. Jackson), Omar Khadr (Susan Serandon) and Ahmed Saeed Khadr (Christopher Walken) watch as the Humvee's stop as a herd of goats are shepherded past them. The American commander of the convoy (Sean Bean) gets out of the lead vehicle and shouts at the shepherd "to get a move on, Abdul". The Afghan nods tiredly and shuffles forward. Then, he whips off his garments, to reveal two AKs, and begins firing wildly at the Humvee column. The four in the mountains open up. The fighting is intense. Americans go down. The shepherd is killed by a flying goat head, when his flock is obliderated by an M203. Sean Bean is hit in the stomach, and with bullets bouncing all around, comments to the medic, that the blood in his mouth "tastes like strawberries". Suddenly, a Chinook helicopter is seen flying overhead, with Gen. Tommy Franks (Keanu Reeves), cigar in mouth, shooting the insurgents in the mountain with the chain-gun from the gunnery position. Col. Douglas Seemstrom (Sylvester Stallone), a grizzled war hero, just wanting to get his tour over with, leads a glamorous bayonet charge up the mountain, with the sly Spanish PFC. Juan Gonzalez (Johnny Depp) saying such random phrases as "AIE YI YI" and "No me guesta...thees sheeit ees eentense, mayen" during the fight. Omar is killed, by a well placed 5.56 round to the forehead. In his dying words, he tells Abdullah to "Avenge me...my son...", which not only confuses Abdullah, but makes him angry. He stands up, and with one arm, fires an RPG, which hits Seemstrom in his face, ending his life, right after he had the chance to say, "I feel secure enough in my own survival, that Gonzalez, I will be the godfather to your child". A heart wrenching moment. Ahmed and Abdullah retreat to the mountains, leaving the wounded Abdurahman behind. His father told him he would be right back...he was just going to pick up some freedom fries. Abdurahman engages Tommy Franks in vicious hand to hand combat, all the while Franks keeps the cigar in his mouth. Franks wins, and captures Abdurahman. His is put in the back of the Chinook, where Franks tells the pilot to "book 'im, Danno". They fly off into the sunset...which really means he is going to Gitmo.

*Fast Clip - James Bond style torture scenes in Gitmo (ala, the North Korean interrogation), all the while "Eye of the Tiger" plays in the background. Inside the prison, he meets tough, reformed terrorist Saeed Bin Hassam (Martin Short), the wise-cracking man who, beneath his facade of hatred for the Yanqui peeg-dogs, has a heart of gold. Abdurahman sees the error of his ways.*

*Dramatic Climax - Abdurahman tells his father and brother, "he is out". Cue the camera quickly closing to the fathers eyes, and the furrowing of the unibrow. Abdullah (Jackson), sproting a new afro, says simply "You one dead mutha fucka". Hilarity ensues.*

*Cut to random explosions, screams, and shots of Abdurahman fleeing from technicals in the desert flats of the Mojave. "Kill Bill" style swordplay between Abdurahman and Abdullah. Various explosions. Ahmed overlooking his son in the hospital, fiftenn dead security guards outside the room. Abdurahman is in a coma. Ahmed reaches for the plug...A HAND GRABS HIS WRIST. "When Abdullah said he killed me last...he lied." DUH DUH DUH!*

Also Starring:

Jean Reno - the evil French connection. May find himself wearing a beret at some point.

Angelina Jolie - the woman he loved.

Al Pacino - the wise cracking, overly hated, golf playing Jean Chretien. Why him? The mouth thing...you know...

COMING, 2006...

"The Camel Rider Always Rings Twice"

KevinB said:
Anyone going to Toronto on leave - I'll lend you an AR10   ;)

Short Film - TEAM CANADA INTERNAL POLICE   :threat:

Ya, and also give me a heads up if ya need a pad to crash at.  ;)

Baloo, did you just make that shit up?!?  That's fricken hilarious.... :D

Well Infanteer, it was a rather quiet Sunday afternoon...with a little bit too much time on my hands.  ;)

MikeM said:
Kilo Mike, can we use your place as a firebase? :D

Hmm...we're aren't using the backyard for too much these days...  ;D

Anyhow, I just hate it when grossly skewed movies become society's default source of knowledge for things (eg. Starship Troopers, Disney flicks, etc.).  I'm sure I'm only the only one who's got a bad feeling about this.

eff me baloo,

freaking priceless...

Who gets to play the wee hadji kid that finds himself on the outside of the gate at gitmo, with a tear in his eye waiting for when his brothers get released...all the while the song "fields of athenrye" is played by U2 in the background....

Clucking movie deal...and I can't even get an invite to the opening to the museum...harrumph...

dileas

tess

ballo hots off to you you made my medical leave that much more entertaining lol. I think i fell of my chair almost to the point of tears (not to good for the hernia eh lol) oh man that is priceless you should sell that lol. ROFLMFAO

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/World/WarOnTerrorism/2005/10/28/1281752-ap.html

Utah soldier and widow win default judgment in lawsuit against Khadr estate

SALT LAKE CITY (AP) - A Utah soldier wounded in Afghanistan and the widow of a soldier mortally wounded in the same battle have won a default judgment against the estate of a Toronto man whose son allegedly was involved in the battle.

The $10-million US lawsuit alleged Ahmad Sa'id Khadr was an al-Qaida financier who failed to control his then-15-year-old son, Omar, and prevent him intentionally harming others. The Khadr estate assets were frozen by the U.S. and Canadian governments and the United Nations.
U.S. army Sgt. 1st Class Layne Morris of South Jordan, Utah, lost his right eye in the July 27, 2002, battle. Three other soldiers were wounded and Sgt. 1st Class Christopher James Speer, 28, died 10 days later from his injuries.

Morris said Khadr hid inside a compound waiting for U.S. troops to come inside and tossed a grenade.
U.S. District Judge Paul Cassell in Salt Lake City told the plaintiffs Tuesday to submit evidence within 20 days that establishes the amount of damages they expect.

"This is my way of continuing the war against terrorism," said Morris, housing director for West Valley City.
"And hopefully there will be money for Christopher Speer's widow and their two young children."
Morris's lawyer, Donald Winder, said he will seek money from the funds that were frozen.

Omar Khadr is being held at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, over protests of the Canadian government that he is a juvenile.
Morris's lawsuit said the boy's father, collected money from an Islamic front charity to run an al-Qaida training camp in Afghanistan. He was believed killed in a gunbattle in Pakistan.

His widow returned to Canada to seek treatment for their youngest son, Karim Khadr, for wounds suffered in the same firefight that killed his father.
In April, Cassell issued an order allowing Morris to publicize the legal action in Toronto, where the Khadr family lives, after their lawyer refused to accept a copy of the lawsuit.

REGARDING THE ABOVE ARTICLE.

Gee, that's too bad.

That family is the proven enemy of my country.

End.

For some irony, put Khadr in the search feature and check the " did you mean to search for?" question.

Bruce Monkhouse said:
For some irony, put Khadr in the search feature and check the " did you mean to search for?" question.

Hahahah ,this is what i do with those fu***rs :gunner:.......... :mad:

Sorry, i just read this thread and it made me angry to know what our government is allowing like "people", if i can really call them by that word, to live in our great country Canada.

Looks good on them, maybe the US authorities would like to take them and prosecute them for conspiring to kill US soldiers or something to that effect.

Sigh...

Good Old Iron Mike Harris wouldn't have allowed that family to claim OHIP for the kid...even if it did mean getting sued.

U.S. military charges Omar Khadr with murder

CTV.ca News Staff

The U.S. military has laid formal charges -- including one of murder -- against Omar Ahmed Khadr, a Canadian citizen imprisoned at the U.S. Guantanamo Bay, Cuba facility for suspected terrorists.

Some of those charges could possibly leave him facing the death penalty, one of Khadr's Canadian lawyers told CTV.ca on Monday.

"Potentially he is," said Nathan Whitling of Edmonton. "The U.S. has not taken the death penalty off the table. The Canadian government has formally requested that they do so many times, and they still haven't done so."

In some cases, the U.S. has done so, "so it's of concern they haven't done so yet," he said.

Khadr, 19, is "charged with conspiracy to commit offenses triable by military commission; murder by an unprivileged belligerent; attempted murder by an unprivileged belligerent; and aiding the enemy," said a U.S. Defense Dept. news release on Monday.

An "unprivileged belligerent" is someone who isn't a member of a regular army, Whitling said.

The department said Khadr has the presumption of innocence, has the right not to testify without inference of guilty and must be proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

While the U.S. government will provide counsel, Khadr has the right to civilian counsel, but at his expense.

However, Whitling said there are major procedural issues with these military commissions.

Some of those issues will be decided in a U.S. Supreme Court case involving Salim Ahmed Hamdan, a former driver for al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden. Hamdan is being held in Guantanamo Bay. The U.S.'s highest court agreed Monday to hear the case.

Here are some of Whitling's concerns:

* The use of secret evidence and the ability of the commission to hear such evidence in the absence of both the defendant and his counsel
    * The fact Omar Khadr committed his alleged crimes when he was only 15
    * The application of torture at Guantanamo Bay and the fact that any such evidence gathered would be admissible.
    * Khadr was denied counsel while being interrogated
    * His capacity to respond because his physical and mental health have deteriorated
    * The lengthy delay between the alleged offence and the date charges were laid.
    * Limited ability to marshall evidence and call witnesses

On CTV's Newsnet, Amnesty International's Jumana Musa said her organization would like to see the commissions scrapped.

Arrested in Afghanistan

Khadr, 19, was born in Toronto. His family moved to Peshawar, Pakistan when he was four.

He was arrested in Afghanistan in 2002 by the U.S. military. They declared him an enemy combatant and shipped him to Guantanamo Bay.

At the time of his arrest, Khadr was 15. He is accused of throwing a hand grenade at U.S. soldiers.

One soldier died in the alleged attack and three others were wounded, with one soldier losing an eye.

Late last month, a Utah judge issued a default judgment against the estate of Ahmad Sa'id Khadr, Omar's father.

The lawsuit alleged the elder Khadr, a Canadian citizen, was an al Qaeda financier who failed to control his son.

Ahmad Khadr died in a 2003 gun battle with authorities in Pakistan province of Waziristan, which is next to the border with Afghanistan. His youngest son Karim was left paralyzed after being struck with a bullet.

Karim's mother brought her son back to Canada for treatment in the fall of 2004.

Ahmad's eldest son Abdullah is on the run, while Abdurahman Khadr is on the outs with his family after admitting to being a mole at Guantanamo Bay.

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20051107/omar_khadr_051107/20051107?hub=TopStories

http://www.cbc.ca/story/canada/national/2005/11/08/omarkhadr051108.html

Ottawa accused of not helping Canadian held at Guantanamo charged with murder

Last Updated Tue, 08 Nov 2005 20:24:49 EST
CBC News

Omar Khadr's mother and members of his legal team say the 19-year-old Canadian is facing a "sham" trial at the hands of the U.S. military and that the Canadian government isn't helping.

"The Americans are gods now," said Maha Elsamnah, Khadr's mother. "They make the law. Nobody can tell them anything."

Elsamnah says Ottawa is doing nothing for her son who is accused of murder, attempted murder and aiding the enemy.

Khadr was the only survivor of a strike on a suspected al-Qaeda compound in Afghanistan three years ago. He is charged with killing U.S. Sgt. Christopher Speer on July 7, 2002 when he allegedly threw a grenade at him during the raid.

The charges call Khadr an "unprivileged belligerent," meaning someone not authorized under international law to fight a war. If convicted he may face execution.

Omar is the son of the late Ahmed Khadr, an Egyptian-born Canadian who was close to Osama bin Laden. Ahmed Khadr died in a shootout with the Pakistani military in 2003.

The military intends to try Khadr in a brand new Guantanamo Bay tribunal room, where he'll be judged by a military commission, not a court.

The decision means that although Khadr is presumed innocent unless proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt, he is not entitled to be present at all times during his trial or to know the evidence against him.

Muneer Ahmad, co-counsel for Omar Khadr, says the process is unfair. "We are talking about a sham process, which could result in the death penalty against someone who was 15 at the time of the conduct he is alleged to have committed."

Sunil Ram, a professor at the West Virginia Military University, says he believes the young Khadr is a "terrorist." But, says Ram, Khadr's fate hangs on the personal bias of the officers chosen for the panel. "If they tend to be right-wing and endorse Bush's war on terror, you could end up with a kangaroo court."

Dan McTeague, the parliamentary secretary to the minister of foreign affairs, is rejecting claims that Canada is doing nothing to help Khadr.

McTeague says the government has asked the U.S. for assurance that Khadr won't face the death penalty if he is convicted and that he be allowed access to the lawyer of his choice.

'It's going to be a very long process but, at a minimum, we want to make sure the rule of law is respected," said McTeague.

Nathan Whitling, who is also part of Khadr's legal team, said in Edmonton on Tuesday that there are more questions about this case than answers.

"You know what do we do about the fact that he's been held in these deplorable conditions for three years. And what do we do about the fact that its been in clear violation of international law, and his own human rights."

Whitling says Khadr has been severely mistreated and tortured since his capture and that his Canadian legal team hasn't been allowed to see their client.

PPCLI MCpl said:
"The Americans are gods now," said Maha Elsamnah, Khadr's mother. "They make the law. Nobody can tell them anything."

Elsamnah says Ottawa is doing nothing for her son who is accused of murder, attempted murder and aiding the enemy.

Khadr was the only survivor of a strike on a suspected al-Qaeda compound in Afghanistan three years ago. He is charged with killing U.S. Sgt. Christopher Speer on July 7, 2002 when he allegedly threw a grenade at him during the raid.

Gee, let me see how I feel about this....

1. He fights along side Al Queda and the Taliban regime whom are our "enemy".
2. He killed a medic,
3. Another US Army medic, Khadr was earlier trying to kill as well, saves his life, so he can imprisoned.
4. Now, and again, his family has done nothing but whine that Canada isn't supporting thier efforts to have thier son released, dispite the fact thier family supports our enemy both fiscally and morally.

hmm...

I hope he doesn't bounce too high at the end of his rope. :rage:

cbc radio "the current" has been building up to this for the past week or so. I think they [the cbc] will likely take the position that the little baestard was a lawful combatant and his trial and probable execution a violation of international law.

Back