• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Great Gun Control Debate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not too far off. I think it‘ll go as far as the Dudley-Do-Rights in Parliment let it.

Scrap it and give the coin to DND. At least you‘d see something tangible with the way the money was spent.

Regards

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:
[qb] Slim, get your facts straight And ironically, it will be 1 million Canadian dollars that funds it. :D [/qb]
Mike
Thanks for keeping me on the straight and narrow.((Humour!!! :D )

Gents...I think we all realize that the country won‘t unravel over a talking dog puppet...I just think it‘s stupid for them to get upset over somjething a puppet says( even a talking dog one!)

They government should get it‘s priorities in order. I mean if you can‘t laugh at yourself...?

Slim

It looks like a certain Quebec Company gets about as much of the budget as DND, pays to have friends in high places, doesn‘t it??

Well that makes up for what our leaders did calling Bush A moron.
What goes around, comes around.

Ah, Michael Moore. Suffice to say if he were one of my political icons, I‘d be obliged to hang myself for the crime of not having any intellectual self-respect.

Any government program should be subjected to the question, "Why?", at least annually.

The registry provides no benefit worth the cost.

Originally posted by Franko:
[qb] Not too far off. I think it‘ll go as far as the Dudley-Do-Rights in Parliment let it.

Scrap it and give the coin to DND. At least you‘d see something tangible with the way the money was spent.

Regards [/qb]
Speaking of Duddley Do Right.

Did you know that the Queen‘s Cowboy‘s along with all Police force‘s in Canada need an F.A.C.!!

This is how stupid our law‘s are!!

Under the new law‘s Cadet‘s can no longer compete for Bisley using the present force‘s C7.

Why?It‘s an assault rifle.

Under the new Law only the Military and designated Police personnel are allowed to use assault rifle‘s!

Our Olympic shooting team‘s can no longer own their weapon‘s because under the present law they are illeagal because of magazine size!!!
Present law for magazine‘s is 5 rnd‘s max!!

Yet here in Vancouver crime with hand gun‘s has risen!!

$2 Bill. all for nothing just to make criminal‘s out of hounest citizen‘s!! :mad:

Ah ... there‘s nothing like a spirited discussion!

(I just got back from Afghanistan, and this is the first thread I read ... hmmm ... I‘m a poet and didn‘t know it ... chuckle)

Congrats to everybody who contributed to this discussion - it warms the cockles of my heart!

(and, yes - I think the Registry is a fraudulent waste of taxpayer‘s money - another of Papa Doc Crouton‘s "legacies" to the Canadian sucker ... er, um, I meant to say "sheep who voted for Da Liddle Thug From Shawinigan")

I always liked that scene from "Red Dawn" - the bumper sticker that said "They Can Pry My Gun From My Dead Fingers" ... (pan to dead guy)

A Romanian officer told me this story, to illustrate the tenuous relationship between Americans and Canadians.

At a NATO conference, the following joke was told:

An American, a Canadian, an old lady and a beautiful woman are travelling in the same train through Europe.

When they go through a tunnel, the lights go out for a second - a loud slap is heard - and when they emerge into the daylight again the American is rubbing his jaw.

The old lady thinks "He must have gotten fresh with the young lady, and she slapped him."

The beautiful young woman thinks "He tried to get fresh with me, but by mistake went after the old lady, and she slapped him."

The American thinks "The Canadian tried to get fresh with the beautiful young woman, and she slapped me by mistake."

And the Canadian thinks "I sure hope we go through another tunnel soon, so I can slap the American again!"

The next speaker was an American - after the laughter had died down, he said "Well, y‘all are still welcome to come down to Florida during the winter ...".

My point?

I lived in England for a year, and was thankful we were allowed to shop at the USAF Commissary (where the beef was imported from the US, thus we didn‘t have to worry as much about BSE).

The Yanks are better neighbours than quite a few other nations - it‘s incredible how two-faced some of the others can be.

An American naval officer coined the phrase "blood is thicker than water" as he sailed to the aid of a British warship.

Sure, they‘re not perfect - but neither are we.
Thus, I‘ll cut them some slack.

Welcome back Bossi. Good to see you safe and in good spirits.

Spr.Earl - The Horsemen (RCMP) and other police and peace officers in Canada do NOT require an FAC or any other firearm document to use/carry/transport service-owned firearms while performing their duties.

Any peace officer or public officer may use/carry/transport, in accordance with regulations regarding safety, any type of firearm or weapon provided it is part of their duties. No documentation is required.

Yes, even a small town cop could, if that cop‘s Chief decided it was needed (and the province‘s police act allowed it), carry a fully automatic assault rifle, quite legally.

The Olympic teams face a myriad of obstacles and corresponding exceptions. The first problem is not magazine size, but calibre. The common handgun calibres for Olympic shooting were .25 and .32 calibre, both banned under the new laws. I believe exceptions now exist, but I‘d have to research it.

The .32 cal competition pistols are indeed exempt,not so for the .25cal which are still prohibitted. The gun laws in Canada are a farce.Indeed a special thanks must go out to the PC Party and Lieberals for a worthy piece of social engineering,which has alienated a chunk of the population of Canada.Once again a large "attaboy" to the sheep of Canada who swallowed the whole package..thanks alot or better yet thanks for nothing.
The laws were meant to reduce crime,..for the sake of the children or some such nausea,as has been pointed out here criminals will never register their illegal firearms.As a law abiding firearms owner I am appauled at the limitations placed on my freedom to participate in my chosen hobby/sport. If the same restrictions were applied to any other minority in Canada the public outcry would be loud and fierce,but since all legal firearms owners must be either Elmer Fudd types or raving lunatics on the fringes of society it‘s ok to discriminate against us and restrict our freedom of movement. Disgusting

It is interesting to note that susequent to the Auditor Generals report every politician seems to be saying, that "they" knew nothing about this so called corruption (BAU business as usual), could it be that the can will be tied to the civil servants? Much the same as Kyle Brown was scapegoated by the DND, could this happen, again?
Mind you I have yet to see a poitician with enough brains to think of such a scheme.

Certain .25, .32 and .22 cal pistols have been exempted from prohibition, under Criminal Code, or Firearms Act, regulation.

I worked as a Firearms Officer for 3 years, and I can tell you that yes, criminals do apply to get licences and register their guns, and some very nasty ones at that.

There is nothing in Canadian Law preventing cadets from using the C7 assault rifle, in fact under current Canadian law cadets are prescribed to be public officers, same as police, customs officers, CO‘s and prison guards. Any restrictions on Cadet use of the C7, come in fact from the CF.

Now, I know most of the people on this forum are against the Act (shocker, on a military website, whoda thunk it). Even I have some issues with the Act and the way it is being implemented, but some of the things that have been said about the Act and the Related legislation, even by peace officers, who should know better have been wrong.

I see the Cdn firearms registry is/has, or is about to fail! we all knew it would one day, and I hope it does. What a waste of money overall.

That bloody Wendy Cukier, I see she is still at it.

What killed guns in Canada was that Lepine wanker, nothing worse them killing 14 women at Woman‘ campus. yet you can still, own a mini 14 unrestricted, but with a 5rd mag. How ironic is that. Colelctors lost thousands of $$, and here we were appropiatly compensated by the nat‘l gun buyback scheme (another farce)

And that Rock bloke! Another waste. Where is he now? Kim Campblee too. Another waste of a pension.

You see, the population base in in Ont and PQ, in 1993 the blacked out results so the west would go and vote. There I was at the Sheraton in TO, (on a CF Safety Mgmt Course) by 2030 local, they call it a Lib win, when they were still voting back in the west.

Here in Australia it is complusary to vote, if not, you are fined (not cheap either.)

Here in Australia in 1996, we had a bloke named Bryant who shot 35 dead, and that ended it for semi auto rilfes. He used an AR15 and an SKS. Within days it the ban passed.

Now with bad ethnic gangs using illegal Glocks etc, the govt is now trying to limit anything over 9mm, and 15rd capacity for semi auto handguns. It will happen, so consider yourself lucky. here you have to register BB guns and hand cuffs must be bought with a permit. A very anti-gun place to live here, and to think just 10 yrs ago, it was what Canada was like 25 yrs ago. what a change. A gullible public fed by a one sided media and govt with a hidden agenda.

I still have a Cdn possession only FAC and my Aussie Shooters License, but own no guns here.

Regards from a soon to be legal firearmsless society, where crims rule the streets, B&Es on the rise, murder, rape, and home evasions too, as they know owners are not armed.

Feel lucky for what you still have.

Regards,

Wes

Yes, it sure has worked. I spent 16 yrs in the army, have been with the RCMP for the last 3yrs and I got turned down for an FAC last year. Never had a domestic disturbance, no criminal record. I have carried a FNC1, C2, C7, C5, C6 and now a S&W pistol (and, ours are prohib weapons due to barrel length and mag capacity) since I was 17 and now they tell me I can‘t have my own weapon.

Wow, that is incredible Jay.
Meanwhile, punks in downtown Vancouver are knocking eachother off in record numbers with Saturday Night Specials.

Shows you how screwed up bureaucracies can get.

PS...have you appealed that ridiculous decision?

Jay,

If it makes you feel any better, my next door neighbour, on return from an overseas tour, came over for a beer. He mentioned that he was a package commander, meaning he strapped on his jet, loaded with 2 thousand pound bombs, led over 100 other jets across three country‘s, bombed the heck out of the bad guys, and after months of this returned home.

He wasn‘t allowed to buy a shotgun.

kinda makes you wonder....

If you join a "legit" gun club (i.e. one with their own range, and regular practices), you shouldn‘t have any problems.

However, if you make the mistake of saying, oh, well let‘s just hypothetically imagine saying something like "... and my significant other would feel more secure if we had a 9mm flashlight in our house ...", they‘ll turn you down without batting an eyelash (oddly enough, the bureaucrat in Toronto who turned somebody down for saying this was eventually discovered to be selling weapons which had been turned in for destruction ... but, I digress ... of course I was speaking hypothetically ... sheeyah, right ...

If you live in a large city, they get antsy about you owning a weapon. However, as previously mentioned, if you belong to a recognised gun club you "tick the box". It‘s also easier to own a long gun for hunting than it is to own a handgun for professional development ... (go figure, eh?)

And, another hot tip - get your FAC etc. while you‘re single - once you‘re married, you‘re the helpless hostage of the politically correct crowd (and your spouse, who has to give you permission ... yah - as if THAT‘s respecting YOUR rights and freedoms ...).

years ago I wanted to take my FAL to a military rifle shoot, I had a letter from my CO approving it. the RCMP would not issue me a permit, because the miltary was not a licenced gun club, I hit the roof and called him a uesless jackass!

It burns my butt, to think that Search & Rescue craft are tied up to the dock for lack of fuel, yet they can drop 1 billion on this program. Thios money would save far more lives if it was given to health, the military or SAR.

Better stop, I can feel my blood pressure raising.

Originally posted by Enzo:
[qb] I‘ll give you that SF, anyone recall Mercer‘s trips to the US in the past? I seem to recall a moment w/ the Governor of Arkasas who happily wished Canadians the best of luck on our "peace dome" which we were going to build to protect our Parliament buildings in Ottawa from melting due to global warming primarily from American companies (Mercer told him that Parliament was made out of ice, great shot of them shaking hands :D )

Then there is the infamous moment w/ Dubya when he wasn‘t the "war president," greetings to "Prime Minister Poutine" anyone?

I‘ll grant the Yanks this, our man makes fools out of top government officials and they take it, a talking puppet (whom I enjoy immensly) shows up to have some fun and our "buzzkills" decide to make an issue out of this, I suppose the recent AG‘s report and the falling polls have nothing to do with this eh?

Politics and people with far too much time on their hands, whatever... [/qb]
Did you see the one where a student from one of their ivy league Universities wished Rick good luck on the seal hunt in Saskatchewan (sp)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back