• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Great Gun Control Debate- 2.0

2019: "military style assault weapons used to hunt people will be banned!"
2020: "handguns used to rob and murder people will be banned!"
2021: "super accurate bolt-action and scoped sniper rifles used to hunt people from afar will be banned!"
2022: "shotguns, which are really just cannons used to blow people to pieces, will be banned!"

It's important to note that a firearm or class of firearm banned by an OIC by this government cannot be un-banned by an OIC by a future government.  It remains banned until legislative changes are made to refine the classification to now include the banned class/firearm in the refined definition.

The big question now is that under C-71, is an OIC even required to ban certain classes?  Now that the RCMP can classify/reclassify firearms, could they not simply reclassify all restricted to prohibited with/without grandfathering?  Could the PM - as he did with VAdm Norman - publicly state that "I expect that the RCMP will now reclassify all handguns and semi-automatic firearms to keep them out of civilian hands" and the RCMP, like in the Norman investigation, would follow this implied order?

Haggis said:
Not garbage.  Strategy.  The Liberals control the narrative on gun control and are using the MSM to shape the battlespace in support of their ban(s).  The harsher the precursor condemnation of "weapons of war in our neighbourhoods in civilian hands" the harsher the ban(s) will be.  My prediction is that this will be so well sold that by mid-month they will be polling back in minority territory in most urban areas.

I have words I'd like to use to describe him  but I'd get infractions for it.

Everything about what they're trying to do is deceitful and based on bullshit.

Like the idea that requiring gun owners to call the RCMP to obtain a permission slip to transport restricted firearms to the post office or gun Smith will combat crime. The whole principal of a ATT is stupid. It's like having a driver's licence but requiring a permission note to drive to get gas or take the car to the mechanic.

Other than assigning police to every church or school or mall is an armed public.

Police Forces don't want changes to handgun laws because they are some of the biggest benefiters from the present set up.

Most police forces don't own their own ranges.  They have deals with civilian owned ranges that are run by the sport shooting community.  No handguns allowed, sports shooting community dies and ranges close leaving police forces on the hook.

Many police officers also own their own pistols and rifles and shoot on their own time because they are professionals who want to stay sharp.  No police force gives their regular members anywhere near enough rounds to stay proficient with their service weapon.

I used to be a member of the Frontenac Rifle and Pistol Club, some of the biggest users of our facility were Kingston Police Force.

Edit:

Too add, a registry makes sense to police because it allows them a certain level of control and is just personal information at the end of the day.

An outright ban doesn't make sense because now it's also affecting them negatively.

Good point about the police using privately owned ranges, I've seen it myself a few times including kingston as well. Had some pretty good convos and shoots at the corneall handgun club with cops.

I believe Kingston has or had a 1-2 year wait period to even join the shooting range. People underestimate how popular shooting is.

Jarnhamar said:
Good point about the police using privately owned ranges, I've seen it myself a few times including kingston as well. Had some pretty good convos and shoots at the corneall handgun club with cops.

I believe Kingston has or had a 1-2 year wait period to even join the shooting range. People underestimate how popular shooting is.

Two year minimum wait, you need to go to an interview meeting and orientation and you need to do I believe five accompanied range days before you can shoot on your own.  You also need to commit to show up to do work like clean up days, building ranges, maintenance, etc.  It's about $300.00 a year just for membership.

Police Officers don't need to do any of that.  They can show up whenever they want, have first priority on all ranges and don't need to pay or participate in any of the social club BS that I never really cared about. 

Jarnhamar said:

In some provinces the CFO will not approve a restricted purchase or transfer to someone who is not a club or range member.  Those CFOs believes that proof of club or range membership is required to show "target shooting at an approved club or range"  as a legitimate purpose for owning a restricted.

I'm a training officer in my club.  New members are required to attend a classroom day plus up to six supervised range visits with a club training officer and attend a club level holster user's course, if they intend to use their own holsters. (LEO need not attend this if and only if they are using duty gear and firearm.  If they intend to use their personal firearm(s) and holster, they must attend the course to show safe handling and proficiency with that setup.)

Even with those requirements, membership applications have exploded over the past few months as we are one of the only clubs in our region that doesn't have a year-plus long waiting list or a membership cap.... yet.

Sounds like there is opportunity for those who want to open a new business in the area...that whole supply/demand thing....

Infanteer said:
Sounds like there is opportunity for those who want to open a new business in the area...that whole supply/demand thing....

Good luck getting a new range through the zoning/approval process in most municipalities today. You might as well propose building an oil pipeline....

Infanteer said:

Except Supply/Demand doesn't work with guns in this country because municipalities have basically killed the ability to build a new one with legislation. 

There is only one range anywhere near the GTA and it's 40 min outside the city.  There can't be many sports shooters in Toronto so I wonder where all those handguns are coming from?

The range I run in Wawa (missed a monthly meeting and got elected president)  :facepalm: has members from the gta that own camps here and can't get into clubs south of Hwy 7. They meet all club safety requirements by shooting here when at camp, this gives them the ability to do walk-in’s down south till an opening presents its self.

Colt is going to stop making AR15 rifles for consumers. Says the market is flooded and there’s an excess of stock:
https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/19/business/colt-ar15/index.html

Trudeau is going to need something big to deflect the black face fuck up.

Time to play the Gunn control card?

Jarnhamar said:
Trudeau is going to need something big to deflect the black face frig up.

Time to play the Gunn control card?

Already in motion, press conference at 1030am.  At the location of a fatal shooting last year in TO.

Oh, well shit lol

Trudeau has been eating black face paint if he thinks this is going to go well for him.

Jarnhamar said:
Oh, well crap lol

Trudeau has been eating black face paint if he thinks this is going to go well for him.

Calculated risk.  Most of the pro gun types are against him no matter what.  According to some sources 75% of Canadians want to see some sort of "Assault" weapons ban.

If they can frame Scheer as being in league with the gun lobby that can only help them. 

I am certain they were waiting for the right tinme (like after this blackface fiasco) to do this.

Like them or not, the LPC war room is shaping this election battlefield.

Back