• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Great Gun Control Debate- 2.0

I hear restoring old boats is a great investment.
I went down a YouTube rabbit hole watching that a while back. Some people make a decent buck doing that in Florida where there are lots of wrecked boats and lots of water access.

Tracey Wilson just posted this on FB 2 hours ago:

Here’s a short breakdown of what’s new or coming:

 Ensure new guns receive their FRT number prior to being sold
Permanent alteration of long gun mags to limit to 5
 Ban sales on mags that can hold more than 5
 Reinstate CFAC (load with anti gunners)
 Prohibit ghost guns
 Define, regulate “essential components
 Indigenous rights statement
 Review definition in 5 years
 Ban new semi auto, centrefire, with detachable mags that hold 6+ and are made AFTER C21.

Everything legal now stays legal.

I haven't been paying close enough attention, Do I have to alter the mag on my No4 or not?

Every time I open this thread I get mad so I don't do it often.

Tracey Wilson just posted this on FB 2 hours ago:

Here’s a short breakdown of what’s new or coming:

 Ensure new guns receive their FRT number prior to being sold
 Permanent alteration of long gun mags to limit to 5
 Ban sales on mags that can hold more than 5
 Reinstate CFAC (load with anti gunners)
 Prohibit ghost guns
 Define, regulate “essential components
 Indigenous rights statement
 Review definition in 5 years
 Ban new semi auto, centrefire, with detachable mags that hold 6+ and are made AFTER C21.

Everything legal now stays legal.
1,2,3 are already in place. Ghost guns are already prohibited. Almost any firearm part can be called essential, if it stops the firearm functioning. Indigenous rights create two classes of citizens

Do people really invest in guns as a nest egg or retirement plan? Just curious as I have no idea if a gun collection is actually an investment vehicle or not.
It used to be and still is in the US.
Don't see why it would be any different than collectibles/art/wine/spirits. Alternative investments that are really more of a fun way to diversify for the affluent, risky basket to have many eggs in.
The Liberal government isn't on the cusp of devaluing, seizing and destroying your renaissance art collection or criminalzing you if you don't comply all in favour of votes.

The Liberal government isn't on the cusp of devaluing, seizing and destroying your renaissance art collection or criminalzing you if you don't comply all in favour of votes.
Ironically, if you placed both Renaissance Art and a loaded firearm together on a porch without human interaction, they would statistically have the same chance of taking a human life.

GFY, I'm not an idiot. As I already said, there was nothing wrong with it until YOUR fucked up racist asshole decided to become Ping's minime and stooge. Mentally deficient dickheads that voted for him and continue to support and 'play devils advocate' for the despotic little prick are no better than that traitorous, divisive child is.

Shot with balls of their own shit comes to mind.

I promise you and the mods I'm not trolling, but...

EstpT-EXAAQqZ3O.jpg

I doubt many people collect as an actual investment.
Sure some may get 1-2 pieces as that, but most gun collectors just enjoy collecting for the sake of it, be it historical relationship, engineering interest etc.

About the only thing down here guaranteed to increase in money is transferable machine guns. As the supply is fixed from pre 86 registered ones.

Perhaps a hint, albeit likely poll-driven, of the government realizing that people are beginning to wonder why violent crime, particularly with (no surprise here) illegal weapons continues to rise in Canada…

Perhaps a hint, albeit likely poll-driven, of the government realizing that people are beginning to wonder why violent crime, particularly with (no surprise here) illegal weapons continues to rise in Canada…

The last such announcement in 2017 of $327M over five years went mostly to QC and BC. I asked my MP how much went to our riding, which includes the infamous "Smuggler's Alley". Not a cent.

When this is our ‘justice’ system, no wonder the crime rate is going up.

Basic summary. 8 years ago 4 guys murder another at a party, chop his body up and scatter the remains. Somehow they get a sweetheart deal, plead guilty to manslaughter and defiling a corpse and receive 2 years in jail. These 4 winners constantly come up committing crimes still. This one in the article in particular just attempted to kill someone (shot them), but because the 6 witnesses have gone into hiding they dropped the case.

I wonder if they were intimidated (sarcasm).

Meanwhile people like these winners keep walking the streets, being a threat to those around them. And we wonder why we have a crime problem in Canada.

When this is our ‘justice’ system, no wonder the crime rate is going up.

Basic summary. 8 years ago 4 guys murder another at a party, chop his body up and scatter the remains. Somehow they get a sweetheart deal, plead guilty to manslaughter and defiling a corpse and receive 2 years in jail. These 4 winners constantly come up committing crimes still. This one in the article in particular just attempted to kill someone (shot them), but because the 6 witnesses have gone into hiding they dropped the case.

I wonder if they were intimidated (sarcasm).

Meanwhile people like these winners keep walking the streets, being a threat to those around them. And we wonder why we have a crime problem in Canada.

But no place for capitol punishment in Canada.

But no place for capitol punishment in Canada.
Apparently. This guys right to life is much more important than yours, because clearly he has no respect for anyone elses and hasn’t stopped him from taking them in the past.

Also don’t forget that somehow all this crime is the legal firearms owners fault and we must be targeted and punished for simply owning and using our property safely.

If I don’t have a firearm stored properly its up to 2 years in jail. If I have a unpinned magazine its up to 10 years in jail.

But murder and chop up the body? 2 years in jail as time served.

Apparently. This guys right to life is much more important than yours, because clearly he has no respect for anyone elses and hasn’t stopped him from taking them in the past.

Also don’t forget that somehow all this crime is the legal firearms owners fault and we must be targeted and punished for simply owning and using our property safely.

If I don’t have a firearm stored properly its up to 2 years in jail. If I have a unpinned magazine its up to 10 years in jail.

But murder and chop up the body? 2 years in jail as time served.

Yup. The world doesn't make sense sometimes.

IPSC was one vote away from being granted an exemption to the Liberal handgun ban yesterday at SECU. Surprisingly, Kody Blois, a Liberal member of SECU, proposed the exemption. When it came to a vote, there was a tie. Blois abstained, allowing the tie to be broken by the Liberal chair. The motion was defeated and IPSC is now on life support.

Back