• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders

• Thread starter Thread starter humint
  • Start date Start date
H

humint

Is there anyone out there in any of the following units: the ASH of Canada, RHLI, or Highland Fussiliers of Canada?

I‘m looking for info on whether any of the above units are taking/accepting DEO‘s in the next couple of months?

I‘ll bet you there is a good chance they will take you if you are a DEO anyway, as attrition can be high among junior leaders....even in university towns. Generally it is harder to find qualified canadidates for commissions...so regiments sometimes stock up on potentials. Just expect a long wait through CFRC

If you are thinking about getting into the reserves, I‘m suggesting that you go to the unit of choice or the CF recruiting centre to pick-up the application now. It can take a couple of months to get through the process, and that‘s without any problems slowing it down. So, if you want to get onto to a summer course, you better start now.

If you are in the Hamilton area, you may want to check out the Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders. We are the largest infantry unit in the area.

Webpages are: www.sentex.net/argylls and www.ashofc.ca.

The Argylls are having an job/application intake night on WED JAN 07.

CALL 905-541-ARMY for more details and what documents you need to bring down with you.

I just need my references and my application will be in. What‘s happening on the intake night?

Jonsey:

Argyll recruiters will walk people through the application process and will help them complete the forms. They will then interview each applicant to make sure they know about the Army and find out what their expectations are, etc. The recruiters will also give a briefing on the fit test, and even show them how to do the push-ups, etc. That way you‘ll know what to expect when you go into it.

It‘s not too important if you‘ve already started the application process, but you can always come down if you want more info.

The most important thing is that the Argyll recruiters will double check your application to make sure you‘ve filled out everything correctly and have all the supporting docs in order -- this will help prevent your application from being held up or stopped altogether.

how do you go about getting a reg force transfer from reserve? this is to apply for one of the new "M" plans offered. (ie- MLOTP)

Originally posted by humint:
[qb] The most important thing is that the Argyll recruiters will double check your application to make sure you‘ve filled out everything correctly and have all the supporting docs in order -- this will help prevent your application from being held up or stopped altogether. [/qb]
I had my application checked not once, not twice, but three times, and thankfully so because each time they found something that was wrong or was missing. Recruiters in Downtown Vancouver were very helpful for me personally :)

Normally, all you need to do is apply for a component transfer through your unit. Your CO will give his/her approval, and it normally take about 6 months. You‘ll also have to visit a recruiting centre to find out whether there are positions available in your trade. We currently have a few people going reg force, and I haven‘t heard any complaints about the process.

If you want to get in for this summer, it is best that you start the application process now -- ‘cause it takes about 3-4 months to complete.

If you live in the Hamilton-Toronto-Kitchener-St Catherines area, are interested in the Infantry, and want to join the fastest growing and largest regiment in 31 Brigade, then call our recruiters at 905-541-ARMY to set up your personal appointment.

We are Canada‘s Army Reserve!

There is an Urban Ops and Equipment/Weapons Demo and Recruit Open House on SAT 31 JAN 2004. Call us for details or check it out at:

www.sentex.net/argylls

I‘ll be there! What time should anyone interested arrive at?

THE LINK IS www.sentex.net/argylls

Check for details or call 905-541-ARMY. Timings are TBA. The event is free for recruits and those interested in applying -- you just don‘t get a lunch.

I must say, I think that‘s an excellent website. Who is your webmaster and do they do it on the side or through the unit? ie: are they paid to do it?

Hi Brin:

The site is actually a personal website, with no "real" affiliation with the unit. However, all the info comes from unit members. It basically allows the troops and subbies to post photos, get info out to the public and friends, and to keep connected (cause we have a few guys overseas), etc.

We are looking for Officers and Soldiers.

OFFICERS:

This is a Canadian Forces Army Reserve position. Part-time during the school year, and optional full-time during the summer.

As an Infantry Officer, you will learn to use the tools of the trade, navigate terrain, plan combat and non-combat/humanitarian mission, but most importantly, you will learn how to lead troops. Officers must be disciplined, intelligent, dedicated, be able to handle adverse conditions, and have the ability to make a number of difficult decisions in a fast-paced environment.

Do you have leadership potential?

SOLDIERS:

Does getting your hands dirty, your feet wet, and the satisfcation of doing the job right appeal to you? If so, The Argylls are looking for individuals with commitment and drive. Infantry soldiers work for a living, they do the hard stuff, and they do it with little sleep and in the worst conditions imaginable.

Personally, I don‘t know how the Infantry could possibly appeal to anyone, but if you are one of those people who accepts new challenges, pushes themselves to the limit, likes adventure, and comes back for more, than we want you in The Argylls.

Call us for an interview at 905.541-ARMY.

The application process for the Canadian Forces Reserves may take up to three months. You should apply as-soon-as-possible in order to be accepted for full-time summer employment.

For more info:

www.sentex.net/argylls
www.ashofc.ca

Speaking of recruiting campaigns.

I‘ve noticed that the CF has recently put their recruiting commercial back on air. I haven‘t seen the CF commercial for years. But yet, it still fills me with pride when I whatch it.

It may be a good sign. I hope it‘s a good sign.

Back