• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders

• Thread starter Thread starter humint
  • Start date Start date
Nooooow i remember you...

your freind tried to pawn the shoe off on one of our EME Sgts

Cpl Thompson said:
Nooooow i remember you...

your freind tried to pawn the shoe off on one of our EME Sgts
"I don't want your friend's shoe, it's stinky!"  ;D
The arty sgt. nearly choked on his sandwich he was laughing so hard at me...  :-[

The Argylls are on a hiring spree, and can take on another 30 recruits for summer training.

If you live in the Hamilton area (i.e. Guelph, Burlington, Stoney Creek, Caledonia, etc), and want to join the largest, and most active, infantry unit -- than give us a call at 905.541.ARMY or email gorrie.ai@forces.gc.ca today.

DON'T WAIT, GET YOUR APPLICATION IN TODAY TO GUARANTEE YOURSELF SUMMER EMPLOYMENT!

You can check out our website at:

www.argylls.ca

We offer:

* Guaranteed FT summer employment for successful applicants;
* Training intensive training year to keep you employed;
* Opportunities for FT work;
* Unmatched opportunities for skills development;
* The best training in the Brigade Area -- no other unit offers mountain ops, urban ops, and in-house recce (Recon) qualification courses like The Argylls; and
* Loads of extra PT work employment opportunities throughout the school year.

I've had a couple of emails inquiring about recruit open houses.

The Argylls hold RECRUIT INFO SESSIONS every WED night, at 6.30 PM sharp.

Call 905.541.ARMY for details.

Location is the John Foote Armoury, 200 James St North, Hamilton. Walk into the parking area, and follow the Argyll Recruiting Signs, or seek out Rm 111, and enter the GREEN DOOR!

Our information sessions cover the following:

* Entry plans for NCMs and Officers
* Pay and benefits
* basic training and courses
* Unit training and exercises
* PT and FT career opportunities
* Qualifications
* Time commitment
* Skills development opportunities
* Mountain and Urban Ops training
* Helpful hints for the application package and testing
* And there is a Q and A period for anyone that requires additional help

You may also get a chance to play with our weapons simulator.

THIS is the most complete info session you'll ever get on the army reserve.

hey man, ive already been to the info session (which was great by the way), but sinse i have to wait untill midterm to get a note from  my guidance councillor regarding my credits(im in grade 10) i was wondering what percent chance i would have of getting into the june BMQ? pm me or reply here

thank you
Jamie Grahn

Short answer = chances are good you'll make it onto the course.

It all depends on you getting your application in ASAP. If you get your mid-term report in April, and get your application in shortly thereafter and blast through the tests, there is an excellent chance of getting you onto the June BMQ course. It's all up to you in terms of booking and completing each test.

I've seen people complete the testing in a month, where others have taken four months. It's different for each person.

BUT, I can guarantee to you that, once you are done the tests, we will get you into the unit and kitted up ASAP.

If the Argyll is the largest unit in 31 brg, why do we only have one real company? There are other units that have 2-3 companies and have different location. I think the RHLI started a new company in Burlington.  Why haven’t the Argyll expanded to new locations?

Ken

highground said:
If the Argyll is the largest unit in 31 brg, why do we only have one real company? There are other units that have 2-3 companies and have different location. I think the RHLI started a new company in Burlington.  Why haven’t the Argyll expanded to new locations?

Ken

I don't think that the argylls are the biggest, do you have that poof  for that? We have two companies, but our nominal roll is up to 150

Back