• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Thanks Canada

Canada should've ordered more than 4 airframes, it seems that we are still always short of airlift. Perhaps when the new J model hercs start arriving things will change.

NINJA said:
Canada should've ordered more than 4 airframes, it seems that we are still always short of airlift. Perhaps when the new J model hercs start arriving things will change.

Perhaps we should order more pilots for the airframes as well?  ::)

Easier said than done.

Getting back to T6's comment at the beginning of the thread; I always feel a little uncomfortable when a Yank says thanks to us for doing something like this.

I still remember reading on another site somewhere a comment that I wholeheartedly agreed with.  The comment was made that the "gold standard" for neighbours helping each other was the U.S. aid to Halifax during the Halifax Explosion back in the WWI. My mother--being a Cape Bretoner--told me the stories over and over and spoke reverently of the effort made by the Americans during the disaster.

So T6, some of us (even though we weren't there) still remember; it IS  the least we can do.

Cheers

NINJA said:
. Perhaps when the new J model hercs start arriving things will change.

The C-130J will be replacing older C-130E/H so i doubt we will have an increase in capacity there.

Signalman150 said:
Getting back to T6's comment at the beginning of the thread; I always feel a little uncomfortable when a Yank says thanks to us for doing something like this.

I still remember reading on another site somewhere a comment that I wholeheartedly agreed with.  The comment was made that the "gold standard" for neighbours helping each other was the U.S. aid to Halifax during the Halifax Explosion back in the WWI. My mother--being a Cape Bretoner--told me the stories over and over and spoke reverently of the effort made by the Americans during the disaster.

So T6, some of us (even though we weren't there) still remember; it IS  the least we can do.

Cheers
Signalman...
Canada & the US have been good neighbors to each other Over & over again - not a case of tit for tat... but when in need, you can count on me kinda way.

I remember US power linemen working to restore power in Quebec during the Ice storm of 98
I remember US carriers flying into Canada immediately after 9/11

It's just who we are

CHIMO!

Geo

I think you misinterpreted his post.  I think you missed his very last words: "it IS  the least we can do."

701 Media flight out of Trenton on it's welcoming ceremony at 8 Wing was a flight I'll never forget.  That new plane smell, the view of the lake from the back seat, and the torque on that short field takeoff was just...well, you get the idea.

Near the end of the flight, after I had taken all the photos I could possibly take, I sat on the ramp at the back of the plane and just thought about how lucky we are to have such a great relationship with our American neighbours, which is part of the celebration of NORAD that is running this entire year.

Canada and the United States are lucky to have each other as neighbours, and the more that we can share to further the effectiveness of how we help each other when there is a need on land mass we both occupy the better off we will all be.  Here's to another 50 strong years.

Attila

WingsofFury said:
and the torque on that short field takeoff ...

Thrust would be the appropriate unit of measurement - only propellers produce torque.

tomahawk6 said:
Thanks for the helping hand. :)

hires_080831-F-8535W-601a.jpg

Emergency vehicles carrying evacuees of Hurricane Gustav stage near a Canadian Air Force C-17 at Lake Front Airport, New Orleans, Aug. 31, 2008. The Federal Emergency Management Agency and the Department of Defense chartered flights to transport citizens to destinations safely outside the hurricane's path. U.S. Air Force photo by Staff Sgt. Shawn Weismiller

No sweat Tommy,all you all's would do the same for us.  :salute:

Nick

Back