• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Thanks Canada

tomahawk6

Army.ca Legend
Inactive
Reaction score
Thanks for the helping hand. :)

hires_080831-F-8535W-601a.jpg

Emergency vehicles carrying evacuees of Hurricane Gustav stage near a Canadian Air Force C-17 at Lake Front Airport, New Orleans, Aug. 31, 2008. The Federal Emergency Management Agency and the Department of Defense chartered flights to transport citizens to destinations safely outside the hurricane's path. U.S. Air Force photo by Staff Sgt. Shawn Weismiller

Least a decent neighbour can do, right?  I can't speak for the CF, but speaking as a Canadian taxpayer who's helping pay for this, it's my pleasure (notwithstanding the fact that life would be easier if you didn't need this help right now).

Hey, 703 - I flew on that bird.  That's a busy plane....  :)

Globesmasher said:
No such luck - I was downrange.
All 4 tails are verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry busy.

I would only imagine that in due time Canada will have a few C-17's with more airframe hours than anyother carrier.

Globesmasher said:
No such luck - I was downrange.
All 4 tails are verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry busy.

"And that is a good thing!"   ;D

Edit: Sorry, I mean the busy part.  :)

tomahawk6 said:
Emergency vehicles carrying evacuees of Hurricane Gustav stage near a Canadian Air Force C-17 at Lake Front Airport, New Orleans, Aug. 31, 2008. The Federal Emergency Management Agency and the Department of Defense chartered flights to transport citizens to destinations safely outside the hurricane's path. U.S. Air Force photo by Staff Sgt. Shawn Weismiller

;D  Oh my oh my.  Can I take this to mean that they chartered our C-17?

You can really tell the plane is brand new, but I just had one little questions...

Why did they have to charter ours or did we just offer them and they accepted? I don't got any problem with that just curious to why they didn't use there own...

I know that when the C17's  were ready to fly... even if some had some problemes as fire in the cockpit, they were flying with the US Air force before to come here in Canada.

Stef Atc

stefatc said:
I know that when the C17's  were ready to fly... even if some had some problemes as fire in the cockpit, they were flying with the US Air force before to come here in Canada.

Stef Atc

I think you are mistaken, our C17's are brand spanking new they rolled off the line and into our hands.

Sorry but that is what I have been told about them from my supervisor here in Trenton home of the C17's. You know what I'm right or not I'm fine with that  ;D

Stef Atc

Ok, just for FYI there is a thread around here showing our C-17's in various stages of being built.

I know all of that and even we know that the crews studied in the USA while the C17's were building and now where the C17's fly the tech's are going with the crews. Globemaster is a big wold!

Stef Atc

stefatc said:
I know all of that and even we know that the crews studied in the USA while the C17's were building and now where the C17's fly the tech's are going with the crews. Globemaster is a big wold!

Stef Atc

Steph...you are confusing several things into one.

No no no I was just saying in one line all what I know about the C17's  ;D    I know a bit more than that regarding the vehicles but no more  ;)

Stef Atc

I think I had a ride in 702.....or whatever.....they all look the same.

Back