• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Sworn In

Who

Votes: 1 50.0%

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Good luck AB136,

And try to work on your particular case, as you are already qualified in your trade.

Pm me if you need some more info!

Delavan

Good For you and good luck in your New Career

Good luck,  and enjoy your career.

I  know when I joined  after my oath,  the Maj put the bible in his desk  looked at me and said "Pte, if you get into trouble from now on I will have you a** in irons before you can  Cr** your pants.  Now say  YES SIR"  i was  scared  to death at the time, but  now I sit back and laugh

That's great! Thanks all.  I look forward to a long and illustrious career.

blinkie71.gif
and
goodlucka1.gif
. I missed my dh's ..... we weren't together then...he joined in 94 but I am hearing so many people(both joining and their spouses) about how exciting this all is. Kinda sorry I missed it.  :-[

Thats awesome about you gettin sworn in. Good luck in your endeavours.

I will hopefully be sworn in sometime this coming week.

Take care.

My recruiting package says I am allowed to bring up to 4 guests to the swearing in ceremony. Is the swearing in ceremony something that is worth dragging my friends and family members down for?  I don't want to drag them down there if it is going to be just me holding my hand up for a minute to give allegiance to the Queen.  What else happens?  (It will be at CFRC Calgary if that helps)

It is your formal entry into the CF and it should be witnessed by your family and friends.  I personally make a point of emphasizing to the guests that they have an important responsibility to ensure that the enrollees will always have their support and I also give them the opportunity to ask me any questions.  I don't know how they do it at Calgary but if you think you will be imposing on your family and friends by dragging them down to witness this important occasion then don't bring them but I think you will be making a big mistake.

Pieman said:
Is the swearing in ceremony something that is worth dragging my friends and family members down for?   I don't want to drag them down there if it is going to be just me holding my hand up for a minute to give allegiance to the Queen. (It will be at CFRC Calgary if that helps)

Kinda early to adopt an attitude like that isn't it? During the swearing in of two different family members at different times we were given the opportunity to ask any questions, were shown a video about what the recruits were in store for and watched the swearing in and signing. We were also given the chance to take pictures of the happenings. We didn't consider ourselves dragged there, we were proud and more then happy to be there. Your family and friends will probably feel the same way.

spud said:
Kinda early to adopt an attitude like that isn't it? During the swearing in of two different family members at different times we were given the opportunity to ask any questions, were shown a video about what the recruits were in store for and watched the swearing in and signing. We were also given the chance to take pictures of the happenings. We didn't consider ourselves dragged there, we were proud and more then happy to be there. Your family and friends will probably feel the same way.
I couldn't agree more. The swearing in the ceremony is by far the most important part of all. This is the moment of truth, the moment that you've strived for all through the BMQ. It should be a time of pride and a time to look forward to the future of your career that you hold with other soldiers who have the same interests as yourself. Why would you not want to share your accomplishments with your family and friends? It's a time of celebration! Be proud of yourself and what you can do to serve your country.

BSmith12 said:
I couldn't agree more. The swearing in the ceremony is by far the most important part of all. This is the moment of truth, the moment that you've strived for all through the BMQ. It should be a time of pride and a time to look forward to the future of your career that you hold with other soldiers who have the same interests as yourself. Why would you not want to share your accomplishments with your family and friends? It's a time of celebration! Be proud of yourself and what you can do to serve your country.

Does the swearing in ceremony not take place before you go to BMQ?.

Thanks for the responses. Didn't mean to make it sound like the ceremony was not important, I am quite positive it is going to be a defining experience to me. I just didn't want to bring people down there (have them take time off work) unless the swearing in ceremony is something worth seeing.

During the swearing in of two different family members at different times we were given the opportunity to ask any questions, were shown a video about what the recruits were in store for and watched the swearing in and signing. We were also given the chance to take pictures of the happenings
That sounds good to me, I am sure they will enjoy seeing me swear in then.

I hate it when I misread things.  :-\
Good luck to you, Pieman!  :salute:

Jaxson said:
Does the swearing in ceremony not take place before you go to BMQ?.

You don`t do BMQ as a Civie so yes, your swearing in ceremony takes place before BMQ.

Pieman said:
That sounds good to me, I am sure they will enjoy seeing me swear in then.
It'll be what you make it; dress nice, chin up, chest out, be proud of yourself. And the first time you feel like running home from BMQ (at some point lots do), remember how proud you felt at your swearing in.

Good luck to you  :salute:
potato

It was nice, i just got sworn in this morning.

I couldn't bring my mother because shes away on business  :mad: but my older brother and sister both joined me to watch it and take some pictures for my mom.

I'd say be sure to bring some family members and/or friends. At the end they all clapped for me which feels pretty good. So if you're by yourself i'm sure that wouldn't feel that great!

I was also the only person being sworn in which was actually pretty cool and private because it was my family members only in the room.

We stood for God save the queen, i took my affirmation and then stood for Oh, Canada. It was quite the experience!

You shall never forget it.

Good luck,

Alex

Back