• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Sworn in Oct 25, heading for SQ in Meaford Nov 6

dkjaen

Inactive
Reaction score
This is my first post and  a happy one at that.  I was sworn in as Reg Force infantry Oct 25 in Toronto and leave for SQ in Meaford Nov 6.  Now I understand the exact course start date has yet to be set but I am wondering if there is anyone else out there waiting or heading to Meaford soon?  Before anyone asks about BMQ I have to say it was the best time of my life 5+ years ago but family wall pulling me in another direction and I asked for a VR, not something I am proud of.  I made a decision that one day I would finish what I started and enter a life of service.  That leads me to now.  I have been given a PLA and was granted a Recruit School Bypass, this seems a little odd considering the amount of time I have been out but wont complain.

Just curious- I am currently waiting for a PLA after a very long medical situation was sorted out.  How long did it take for your PLA to be completed?

The PLA took a good 6 weeks followed by a couple more weeks at selection in Borden, Then the call came about a week after I was selected.  I only know becouse I called every week.

dkjaen said:
This is my first post and  a happy one at that.  I was sworn in as Reg Force infantry Oct 25 in Toronto and leave for SQ in Meaford Nov 6.  Now I understand the exact course start date has yet to be set but I am wondering if there is anyone else out there waiting or heading to Meaford soon?  Before anyone asks about BMQ I have to say it was the best time of my life 5+ years ago but family wall pulling me in another direction and I asked for a VR, not something I am proud of.  I made a decision that one day I would finish what I started and enter a life of service.  That leads me to now.  I have been given a PLA and was granted a Recruit School Bypass, this seems a little odd considering the amount of time I have been out but wont complain.

Straight to SQ after 5 years out, should be fun  ;D

Good luck, hopefully you'll have some time out there to get you're kit in order before you're course starts.

If I go straight to SQ (I think I should- out not even 2 years), that's one thing I was worried about- sorting out kit.  I wonder if it is possible to be issued kit at an earlier date, rather than a couple of days before course?  I know that on my SQ course in 2004, a few guys were waiting for 8 or 9 days for the rest of the recruits to show up.  So in a situation like coming from civvy street to SQ, those few days of pre- course training would be a big bonus, but I don't know if anyone has the option to show up a little early to course?

My date to show up in Meaford has now been changed to Nov 3th which is a Friday insted of Monday.  Interesting thoughts on the kit though, I would like to get mine ASAP to get it organised.

Back