• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

'Swearing in' finally in sight

kona_mtb

Inactive
Reaction score
After a process that started last september with a meeting with a meeting in Kamloops, BC at the Rocky Mountain Rangers unit I can finally see the end of my application process coming into sight. After submitting my application, I didn't hear anything till about April when I was called into the unit to complete my Aptitude test, PT test and 2 parts of my medical exam. That day they over booked so I only got my aptitude and first part medical done. Finally after constant attempts to sort out the scheduling by me I was able to do my part two medical in mid July, then finally today I was able to finish and pass my PT test. It was a long process and at time I started to loose faith in the system but after continually talking to others going through the same process I realized this is common, so not to loose hope. I have now been told that I will be part of the swearing in ceremony here in Kamloops in mid sepember (hopefully). After that I will be able to choose between weekend BMQ throughtout the school year or attend summer BMQ next year. Decision, Decisions

Tony Swarts

Congrats Tony.  I did the testing in Kamloops aswell.  What trade did you apply for with the Rangers?

Rafterman1 said:
Congrats Tony.  I did the testing in Kamloops aswell.  What trade did you apply for with the Rangers?

Thanks! I applied for infantry. Are you with the rangers or did you just use the unit for testing for the reg force?

kona_mtb said:
Are you with the rangers or did you just use the unit for testing for the reg force?

I did the testing at the garrison back in June for the Reg Force.  Since then got the phonecall for the job offer (Med Tech) and am starting BMQ Jan/11.  Are you going to stick with Reserve or go Reg Force after school?  Are you in highschool or TRU?

Rafterman1 said:
I did the testing at the garrison back in June for the Reg Force.  Since then got the phonecall for the job offer (Med Tech) and am starting BMQ Jan/11.  Are you going to stick with Reserve or go Reg Force after school?  Are you in highschool or TRU?

I'm going to TRU currently in my second year. I want to see how it goes in reserves until I'm done TRU then I'll be deciding between either law school, reg force or RCMP. Either way I believe it will be a great experience for me!

Back