• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Support for Banner: RC Helicopters

SeanNewman

Banned
Banned
Inactive
Reaction score
All,

Rarely do I click on banner ads, but last week I saw and ad on this page for a micro RC helicopter and decided to check it out.  The prices looked too good to be true, but since they took Paypal and I had some money sitting in there, I decided to roll the dice on this:

http://www.helipal.com

venus-331-side-left.jpg

http://www.helipal.com/jxd-cobra-micro-rc-helicopter-w-gyro.html

The site said that it was one of the easier models, and was the only "cool" looking one I saw.  As I wrote, I was half convinced that I would be throwing my money away, but for $30 it was worth a shot.

The first good news is that it showed up in only a week with relatively cheap shipping, which isn't bad since it was from China.  Then out of the box it came and all it took was 6x AAs in the controller. 

Then it was fly time, and I can not stress enough how blown away I am.  The stability is absolutely incredible, and it is almost absurdly easy to fly.  Due to the counter-rotating gyros it hovers no problem.  I have an open concept house and it easily flies all over the place.  It flies easy enough that you can walk right beside it with no worries, and after a day I have no worries at all with it being near my daughter.

With a 1/2 hour charge (it plugs into the controller) you get about 5-6 minutes out of it.  Also, on some of the mistakes I've made being overly cocky, it has taken some hard falls with no damage whatsoever.  The thing has smashed into the floor 10 times or so, with not a single part broken or flaw in operation.

As I said though, if I had been careful with it, I would have never crashed (having no experience whatsoever).

If you want a toy for not a lot of money, I highly recommend this site advertiser for the price and product.  I would start with this one though before going to one of the other models.  That site has a lot of different sizes and makes, and I can only speak for this one.

I would have paid far more than this had I known how well it would work out.

And yes: if you can fly that, then you can absolutely fly the real thing and make a lot more money and score with real chicks.

You can get the same thing from Spinmaster "Air Hogs" at your local Zeller's store (and probably many others).  They range from about $30 upwards, and come in skill levels from beginner to expert.  They charge in less time, but the flight time is correspondingly shorter - probably a smaller battery.  My 2 1/2 year old can fly one around the living room like nobody's business.  ;D

They have a nice Chinook model that rates in the Expert category, I believe.  Their website is www.airhogs.com, but it's blocked behind the DWAN.

Loachman said:
And yes: if you can fly that, then you can absolutely fly the real thing and make a lot more money and score with real chicks.

Really? Wow! I am so getting one.  :eek:

Then I can get real chicks ....

1216101046IuxQdEN.jpg

Boy!! I'm going to become a troll too!!! Then I get to fly helicopters around my living room.....but.....but, how are all those cute chicks (old hens in my case) gonna see me?  :(

ps: I don't see why Loachman shouldn't be able to fly a great big one, if I can fly a little bitty one....it all about size.......(isn't that what all the pilots thingys say?  ;D )

Occam,

I can't speak for any other models since I did not "comparison review" them all.  If you buy something at Zellers and can promise me that you had a good experience with it then great.

I just wanted to lend some credibility to a company that paid some money into this website and it wasn't a scam; they really do offer a product worth the price.

Nope, nothing wrong with patronizing one of the site sponsors.  I was just tossing out some alternatives, if you're into the RC thing.  :)

Occam said:
...if you're into the RC thing.  :)

Have always been interested in it at the novice level, but never really had anything more than cars before.

I think it'd be cool to have one of the ones worth a few hundred bucks, but I don't think I'd ever do the multiple thousand dollar type things like a 6' long one that you need to fly at a real airport.

Back