• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

SQ for JULY 03 BMQ cancelled (CONNAUGHT)???

damasgate

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi my senior instructor informed me that there shouldn't be an SQ (after BMQ) for ppl going to connaught  for their bmq on July 03, because of the lack of instructors for the course (lame...)

Did anybody in any other units hear about this?

damasgate said:
Hi my senior instructor informed me that there shouldn't be an SQ (after BMQ) for ppl going to connaught  for their bmq on July 03, because of the lack of instructors for the course (lame...)

Did anybody in any other units hear about this?

Hey get used to it, that how the military is ran. Hurry up and wait  ;D.

Here at CFSME we just cancelled 4 courses for the summer, 2 I think are at the QL3 Level (i.e. DP1) and the other 2 are at the QL5 Level.

Dam,

Actually there are 3 SQs booked at Connaught this summer starting 30 July. You instructor might be misinformed or you may be  doing your SQ somewhere else. Many of the successful candidates from the BMQ running here will be going to Meaford, Borden etc depending on their trade (MOC)

Thank you for the information. It's awesome that I'll be doing my SQ this summer then (If I pass BMQ)

I Heard nothing of this. Infact when my Sargent was filling us for courses he said "We will only inform you if your doing SQ if there are instructors" . He confirmed with us that we WILL be doing SQ, So I'm gussing they found instructors.

I'm on one of the SQ's starting on July the 3rd. The guys from my unit going on the BMQ are on DP1 in August.  I'm pretty sure that means that there is no SQ in August.

Also, does anyone know what connaught's like and how close it is to Ottawa?

damasgate said:

Lame? I am guessing you never taught a BMQ or SQ. It is hard for us to cover all the courses, all the time. You have to see it from the school's  view.

If you got a beef, take it up with your Chain... not us instructors.

Welcome to the CF.  ;)

Regards,
TN2IC

I am currently working at Connaught and have personally booked the meals, classrooms and quarters for 33 CBG to do their SQ and BMQ Courses. Believe me when I tell you.... There will be SQ courses held here at Connaught. First serials 1 BMQ and 1 SQ just graduating this week.
                            Second Serial 3 BMQs and 3 SQs starting 3 July
                            Third Serial 3 BMQs and 2 SQs Starting 30 July
Also Connaught is now part of  big city of Ottawa (since amalgamation over 3 years ago). We are located right on the old border of Kanata and Nepean....Which is still used as a reference point.  IF you me and how far are we from"the Market" then yes 30 Minutes is correct. However I suggest the local watering holes no farther than 5 minutes away by car.

Any other questions please PM me

Enjoy your summer

Cdn. Royal said:
I am currently working at Connaught and have personally booked the meals, classrooms and quarters for 33 CBG to do their SQ and BMQ Courses. Believe me when I tell you.... There will be SQ courses held here at Connaught. First serials 1 BMQ and 1 SQ just graduating this week.
                            Second Serial 3 BMQs and 3 SQs starting 3 July
                            Third Serial 3 BMQs and 2 SQs Starting 30 July
Also Connaught is now part of  big city of Ottawa (since amalgamation over 3 years ago). We are located right on the old border of Kanata and Nepean....Which is still used as a reference point.  IF you me and how far are we from"the Market" then yes 30 Minutes is correct. However I suggest the local watering holes no farther than 5 minutes away by car.

Any other questions please PM me

Enjoy your summer
It looks liek you will be teaching me :D. Ill see you there MCPL, I will try my hardest.
Also ya, Connaught is not to far from Ottawa, so if we do get weekends off you can go down to Ottawa.

I just finished my SQ in connaught. Got back yesterday. I gotta say, that was one of the best times of my life!
I just hated the FTX for one reason, the goddamn bug/poison ivy problem there. Other then that, excellent course, awesome instructors, and even awesome garrison food. Ya'll will enjoy it.

We had our semi-course party at local heroes, so if it's booze yer looking for... >:D

slowmode said:
Its like a 30 minuite drive from kanata

Connaught is actually more like 20 minutes from Ottawa (depending from where in Ottawa). Its pretty much right beside Kanata, I would know because I use to walk from Connaught to Kanata and back.  ;)

Sebastian U said:
Connaught is actually more like 20 minutes from Ottawa (depending from where in Ottawa). Its pretty much right beside Kanata, I would know because I use to walk from Connaught to Kanata and back.  ;)
Well it all depends who your driving behind  ;)

I've got my orders and I'm on an SQ course in Connaught starting the 3 August.  So there is SQ in August too lol.

Wynne I'll be doing my BMQ when you do your SQ.

I'm loaded for Aug2. Some guys from my unit will be doing their SQ's with you as well, wynne. They left the other day for their BMQ in connaught.. They're doing their bmq's & sq's with you and slowmode lol.

Back