• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Sports in the army

Was a #11 & 15, saw the light and rebadged to #7.

cobbler said:
My advice, if you ever start playing rugby, avoid being a prop, hooker, or second row,otherwise you'll learn a whole new meaning of pain.   :blotto:  :crybaby:

i play second row and a bit of prop, it's not that bad. you do get hits that hurts allot every ones in awile for the most part it's not to bad ones you get used to it.

is there football in the military?

(sorry for any spelling mistakes the spell check is really messing up right now for me)

Kat Stevens said:
False.  Most trys are scored by the forwards.  The days of the winger leaving a flanker in the dust ended with Jonah Lomu's career.

ack what!?!

You you clearly play with the up with the PIGGIES!!!

Just look at the weekend.  Wales and Australia. I defy any forward to make a run  like Latham!!

dont.get.it.48 said:
i play second row and a bit of prop, it's not that bad. you do get hits that hurts allot every ones in awile for the most part it's not to bad ones you get used to it.

is there football in the military?

(sorry for any spelling mistakes the spell check is really messing up right now for me)

See what happens when you let a forward near a computer ;)

Spoken like one who is fleet of foot, and light of loafers.... ;D

Nah, it was just that when I got a haircut, I had nothing to comb, set, and style with all that idle time in the backs, and decided to actually get into the game.

Headgear is for wimmin, and second rowers

Kat Stevens said:
Headgear is for wimmin, and second rowers

:rofl:

Actually, it's pretty good to see a bunch of ruggers here. Wonder how many on the site. I've been thinking about pooling up a bunch of leave to make my way to the World cup next summer.'

Individual RWC '07 tickets go on sale as of tomorrow, btw

http://www.rugbyworldcup.com/EN/home

Kat Stevens said:
Nah, it was just that when I got a haircut, I had nothing to comb, set, and style with all that idle time in the backs, and decided to actually get into the game.

HAIRCUT, I think that is forward speak for Balding......Just like Sprinting is forward speak for jogging..........

God, I love this sport......Athletic Crack......

Nope, still got every follicle I was issued with.  I just got tired of giving the oppo a nice grab handle in the mauls and cut it short.  That, plus the army wasn't fond of all that hair piled up under me berry.

Nobody anymore.  Doctor gave me the option of playing rugby or walking, and I took the wussy way out. Loong ago, pre-army, I played for Gibsons RFC in BC, then Abbottsford 2 Div,  Chilliwack for a couple seasons, then off to Germany.

Yeah, I had that discussion with a doctor about my neck....we negotiated down to taking one year off, and it worked I feel like I have a 50 year old's body!!

I am fully monogamous, Calgary Hornets Rugby Club, 17 years......plus various weekend and tournament whoring....and the odd provincial and city team, very odd.....

Home club for me has always been the Ottawa Irish RFC, mostly seconds, a little firsts. Of course, there'll always be tournament whoring.

And a short period of time that I played for Ottawa U...though I never went to school there ;)

cobbler said:
And spinal damage.

Man wasn't designed to endure to pack down for a scrum against a ton and a half of pacific isladner.  

My advice, if you ever start playing rugby, avoid being a prop, hooker, or second row,otherwise you'll learn a whole new meaning of pain.   :blotto:  :crybaby:
What's wrong with being a prop?
We inspire people to move....... faster :)

Back