• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Soldiers Banned From Military/Veterans Themed Motorcycle Groups or Events?

Alternatively, the CAF could stick to the rules that already exist and go after people for drunkeness when required, and leave the rest of us alone.

All a rule like this does is make life a bit less enjoyable for everyone, while solving nothing. The loud drunken asshole that caused problems in CADPAT will do the same in a regiment/ship/squadron t-shirt, and cause the same amount of negative impressions(very few).
Heretic! Did you learn nothing from Operation HONOUR?

With some legitimate veteran biker groups apparently wanting to mimic the appearance of OMGs, I can see how OMG intermingling and infiltration can happen. It's apparently 'all about freedom', but I don't get it. I've been riding for 50 years and never had the urge to look like either a pirate or OMG.
An astonishing number of the "group of buddies" riders on Vancouver Island seem to really enjoy LARPing as OMGs. I don't ride, but the big tells for not OMG seem to be flashier bikes, sometimes female riders, and riding poorly or obnoxiously: otherwise, it's wondering if that patch is Sons of Anarchy cosplay or actually criminal.

It's like cutting about in the Caribbean in the 1600s with your ship flagged and equipped, and your crew dressed as, particularly successful pirates for fun.

This is why I don't ride with any of the veteran groups either. I barely tolerate the non-veteran groups for the very same reasons. Too many "wannabies" for my taste.
That's part of my reasoning as well with Blue Knights et al. Some of the people I didn't like when I worked with them; why would I want to socialize with them? Plus the ones that bought their first bike the day after they retired and are now bad-ass life-long riders.

One big safety reason is most people don't know how to organize or ride in a group. I was briefly a Blue Knights member years ago but bailed in the middle of a group ride and never went back.

An astonishing number of the "group of buddies" riders on Vancouver Island seem to really enjoy LARPing as OMGs. I don't ride, but the big tells for not OMG seem to be flashier bikes, sometimes female riders, and riding poorly or obnoxiously: otherwise, it's wondering if that patch is Sons of Anarchy cosplay or actually criminal.

It's like cutting about in the Caribbean in the 1600s with your ship flagged and equipped, and your crew dressed as, particularly successful pirates for fun.

Hard AF in the Timmies parking lot.

We all have our hobbies, I LARP'd as a scrum half for 15 years before I was called out and went back to propping.

When my daughter was three or four, we saw some motorcycles go by on the street.

She then said to me “Why do old men drive motorbikes?”

I had to pull over I was laughing so hard! :ROFLMAO:

Yeah, 3rd Div has produced one as well. Honestly the entire direction from higher is very adhoc. So each Division makes its own policy, in theory there could be numerous differences in each policy. The Division policies don’t apply to other L1s nor to units that report to a different L2 but reside next to units from another Div.
Gagetown is a great example — Army units from two different divisions, as well as the Army Doctrine and Training Centre, plus units from tge RCAF and Int Command. Plus of course representatives from various L1s, MPs, Health Services, etc… Not sure what use a division policy is there.

Gagetown is a great example — Army units from two different divisions, as well as the Army Doctrine and Training Centre, plus units from tge RCAF and Int Command. Plus of course representatives from various L1s, MPs, Health Services, etc… Not sure what use a division policy is there.
It's of no use. All it does is sow seeds of discontent.

Back