• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Single Quarters & Rations (R&Q) [MERGED]

• Thread starter Thread starter McG
  • Start date Start date
Simian Turner said:
I am pretty sure the Building is J7 that houses all of the Schools in Gagetown.

J7 it is; it is not shown on the uploaded file, but CFSME is the school located on the diagram just under the "scale".

Yes, J7 houses four of the schools on base: Armour, Artillery, Tactics and Infantry.  The Engineers have their own building as pointed out in Vern's post.

For info,
G1 = Catholic Church and Chaplains' offices
G2 = Protestant Church
G3 = Firehall.

A 25 metre range used to be in the top half of the "survey area" betwen G3 and G2, alongside the road paralell with it.  Most of the "Survey Area" is wooded.

NFLD Sapper said:
Went through that area this summer with a course and it was boggy down in there...

As someone else who has taken students on "recce" patrols there  Iconcur. It's boggy like that whole area that was around the old mess hall was.

I've only been gone 5 years & sounds like I wouldn't recognize Gagetown; be quite the difference from when I was first posted to 'The Family' in 95

It would certainly ease the burden on MSA for bit Vern if they didn't have to sign out/in and clean up all that canvas every year.  But hey, they're rentals anyway, so let them have the low rent housing  :whiteflag:

MM

medicineman said:
What!!??  No more tent city??!!  Heresy I say :-)

MM

ArmyVern said:
Yeah right; there's still LFAA(TC) located there ...  >:D

AFAIK CFMSE RETS is the only school having students under canvas at CTC, even the CAP courses get weatherhavens....  ::)

NFLD Sapper said:
AFAIK CFMSE RETS is the only school having students under canvas at CTC, even the CAP courses get weatherhavens....  ::)

My point was, CFSME falls under "CTC" and if the new shacks are for CTC, there is still LFAA(TC) (NOT a part of CTC) who could avail themselves of Gagetown's famous summer block Tent Ciy --- whether they need to or not.  >:D

PS: Weatherhavens are also canvas; semi-permanent infrastructure, but still canvas.

I am paying rations and quarters at the moment in St. Jean (I'm doing my BMQ); but will I be paying RnQ's while at Borden? Awesome, thanks.

Gray

As long as you are posted to that base/unit and living in shacks, you will be paying R&Q.  If you are attach posted you will not, so if you get sent some where for BMQ-Land(if you are a Army Supply Tech) you will not pay R&Q during that course as you will be attach posted to another base/unit.

-Skeletor- said:
As long as you are posted to that base/unit and living in shacks, you will be paying R&Q.  If you are attach posted you will not, so if you get sent some where for BMQ-Land(if you are a Army Supply Tech) you will not pay R&Q during that course as you will be attach posted to another base/unit.

Are you sure?  Maybe things have change (it's been awhile since I was in a position to be fully up to date on this), but people on attach posting are not automatically entitled to free R&Q.  There are certain requirements (e.g. must be maintaining a residence elsewhere).  Personnel on Temporary Duty (TD), get free R&Q, but not necessarily those who are attach posted within Canada.

Pusser said:
Are you sure?  Maybe things have change (it's been awhile since I was in a position to be fully up to date on this), but people on attach posting are not automatically entitled to free R&Q.  There are certain requirements (e.g. must be maintaining a residence elsewhere).  Personnel on Temporary Duty (TD), get free R&Q, but not necessarily those who are attach posted within Canada.

All I can speak from on this is my experience, as I don't know the actual rules on this.  When I was in the training system I was posted to CFB Kingston/CFSCE but attach posted to CFB Borden/PRETC and then sent to CFCATC Meaford for SQ.  I never paid R&Q during the time I was attach posted in Borden or Meaford,  only starting paying when I arrived in Kingston for my QL3.

I'd have to confirm with my MPRR, but I am pretty sure I was attach posted to CFCATC Meaford for SQ and not there on TD.  Unless things have changed, I would assume that would be the same for recruits now who get sent away from Borden for courses like BMQ-Land.

The issue of free R & Q on AP was cleared up in the recently released CANFORGEN on domestic benefits/CFTDI IIRC.

- if AP and have dependents and maintain a residence, R & Q at public expense.

- if AP, single/no dependents and maintain a residence, Q at public expense, mbr still pays R.

- if AP, single and livings in SQs at location posted to, mbr will pay Q at location posted to, R will be ceased at location posted to and paid at location AP to.

- TD will only be paid on duty travel days to/from AP.  SE will be paid to mbrs who are seperated from Dependents for duration of AP.

*thats from memory, and without the CANFORGEN sitting in front of me, may not be 100% correct.

Quick question, I hope some clerk can answer this or someone in the same situation as me. I just received my CT offer to the regular force, I start in Feb. My question is I'm being transferred to the Regs on Pretzi and awaiting course. Now, I have a house in Toronto co ownership with my father and I, and if I'm not technically posted to Borden therefore I can't sell my house. Is there a possibility that I may get some support with Rations and Quarters as I'm already paying a mortgage in Toronto? Also I can't move my mom or dad because I don't know where I'm going to get posted after course, so no sense in me selling my house and frankly my dad won't want to either if he doesn't know for sure what's going on with my career. Just wanted to know if the CF would either give me IR, TD or R&Q or simply nothing as it's not their concern. Thank you in advance.

This is something that you need to discuss with your CT broker at D Mil C 7........

You may be able to have the Quarters charges waived but that would be up to them and just what they put on your CT Instr.  Unless your supporting your parents and are able to claim them as a "dependant" on your income taxes, the IR thing probably won't go through.

On a side note, if and when you did or do sell the house and "if" the deed is in both yours and your fathers name, you also may only be entitled to half the reimbursement.

Back