• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Should inform my CoC that I may VR.

Technoviking said:
Yes I do, asshole.  Trust and info sharing goes both ways.  Surprise may be a principle of war, but it's not a principle of administration.

Now see, I crafted my reply to you in such a way that there was no ad hominem in there, and that's what I get back.  You even missed the smiley in the question to which you responded.  ;)

I guess if pointing out to you that in your opinion post you completely validated the concerns I raised makes me an asshole, then I guess I'm an asshole.  There is just no legitimate reason for dinging someone on their PER solely because they informed you that they're pondering a release from the CF.  Likewise, there's no reason to suddenly cease training opportunities for a similar reason.  Personnel might be more inclined to keep their CoC apprised of their second career aspirations if they knew they wouldn't be treated like someone on C&P after making it public.

You ignored my question "Should we cease training opportunities for everyone with more than 20 years service because they might pull the pin and be gone 30 days later?"....that must chew up a significant amount of money, funding training for personnel who can be gone at the drop of a hat.  I'm curious as to your take on that.

Occam said:
Now see, I crafted my reply to you in such a way that there was no ad hominem in there, and that's what I get back.  You even missed the smiley in the question to which you responded.  ;)
mea culpa.  I apologise.  I did miss the smiley.
Occam said:
I guess if pointing out to you that in your opinion post you completely validated the concerns I raised makes me an asshole, then I guess I'm an asshole.
  Nope.  Again, I'm sorry
Occam said:
  There is just no legitimate reason for dinging someone on their PER solely because they informed you that they're pondering a release from the CF.  Likewise, there's no reason to suddenly cease training opportunities for a similar reason.  Personnel might be more inclined to keep their CoC apprised of their second career aspirations if they knew they wouldn't be treated like someone on C&P after making it public.

You ignored my question "Should we cease training opportunities for everyone with more than 20 years service because they might pull the pin and be gone 30 days later?"....that must chew up a significant amount of money, funding training for personnel who can be gone at the drop of a hat.  I'm curious as to your take on that.
No, of course not.  If someone is just pondering a new career, then again, no, no hits.  If someone is actively pursuing a new career, and if it's PER season, and if, if, if....

Then, yes.

Technoviking said:
If someone is just pondering a new career, then again, no, no hits.  If someone is actively pursuing a new career, and if it's PER season, and if, if, if....

Then, yes.
Agreed.  Like most things - it's all situational dependent.

One of my staff has just informed me of his intentions, and it certainly isn't going to hamper his intentions any...nor my opinion when it comes time to recommend him for courses or his PER.

Back