• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Selection Dates 2013-2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone:

Anyone know when the next selection date for AVN Tech is?

Im starting to get very excited.

Thanks

Congrats to both of you for getting the call for BMQ! Good luck!

Currently waiting to hear back to schedule a medical/interview. I doubt I'll get everything done in time for an August-September BMOQ date.

Hey Jim11333, I just came from the CFRC Toronto and was told AVN is currently NOT hiring, but could happen soon. I'm also just waiting on selection, that's why I went down to ask and got this shocking news :( hopefully we get the chance soon buddy

That is very shocking! I was told in April there were several positions available...
I don't think there is a selection date yet for AVN Tech which is frustrating.
Looks like we may end up going on a winter BMQ at the earliest.

I was hopping to avoid that, but it look like we are gonna be running in the snow...

Beside that, Where are you from? Im from Toronto, you are the first person I know that share my waiting status...feel free to PM me anytime ans we can share the waiting experience, hopefully cutting the waiting stress ;)

So I recently got a call to come in for a pre-security interview this month. I wrote the CFAT near the end of June and qualified for all the trades I wanted. I a just wondering as to if this interview is the one that comes with the medical part of the application process or a background check ? I noticed no one called their interview a pre-security interview and had their interview and medicals on the same day. I was told to dress business-casual and to bring some forms that needed to be filled out.

Does anyone know when the next selection dates for WFE tech and MET tech are?

Tsaorina said:
Does anyone know when the next selection dates for WFE tech and MET tech are?
I applied for both of those as well! I was told selection was July 23, but that could have been for my first choice.

Spimx said:
I just came from the CFRC Toronto and was told AVN is currently NOT hiring, but could happen soon.
That's weird because I was just at my RC today and was told they still had a lot of spots to fill for AVS and AVN this year.

Sarah_H said:
That's weird because I was just at my RC today and was told they still had a lot of spots to fill for AVS and AVN this year.

I really hope so, it wouldn't be the first they give me a wrong information. Did they give you any date for selection and how many openings?? :)

Spimx said:
I really hope so, it wouldn't be the first they give me a wrong information. Did they give you any date for selection and how many openings?? :)
Nothing too specific unfortunately. All he said is that they have about 4000 openings (across all open/hiring trades) that need to be filled. I'm just hoping things start to pick up soon. I guess part of the reason for some of the lag with applications now is they're in a transition period. Apparently starting this September everything is being done out of Borden. The RC's call all applicants to write the CFAT, send the scores to the new "Head Office" for recruiting in Borden, and they decide which applicants from each RC is selected for further processing (medical, interviews).

Oh wow I'm on home stretch, hope things get better or this coming selection. I still don't know why they cant just be open about. W all know this is a waiting game, making us wait on false hope is just tooooo much to handle. Thanks Sarah, hopefully we get to turn some fasteners in the same airframe one day  ;D ;)

I called my File manager a few weeks back and he told me that I now have a new file manager.  I've been merit listed since the end of February for infantry. Hopefully I get the call soon so I can begin my career in the CF.

My fingers are crossed for you DeadEye229! but I have been merit listed since September 2013 Infantry, so it MIGHT be a wait yet.. Best of luck!

Spimx said:
Hey Jim11333, I just came from the CFRC Toronto and was told AVN is currently NOT hiring, but could happen soon. I'm also just waiting on selection, that's why I went down to ask and got this shocking news :( hopefully we get the chance soon buddy

By AVN, do you mean AVN TECH?

AVN TECH and AVS TECH are currently open. Selection boards will be held towards the end of July and August. Stay in touch with your Detachment.

Captain Mark said:
Selection boards will be held towards the end of July and August. Stay in touch with your Detachment.

Good morning!

While we're on the subject, are there any selection boards for ACISS, Supply Tech or Comms Rsch scheduled this summer? When I completed my interview I was told that after 23 June there weren't any more on the calendar until November...but that they might be added based on demand/supply.

Thank you for your time!

Hey, I am waiting on the call for AVN tech out of the Ottawa recruitment Center .

Are the selections that you speak for avn tech apply to all detachments?

I was told each detachment has different selection dates is this true?

Thank you

jim11333 said:
Hey, I am waiting on the call for AVN tech out of the Ottawa recruitment Center .

Are the selections that you speak for avn tech apply to all detachments?

I was told each detachment has different selection dates is this true?

Thank you

Based on what I've read so far, no that isn't true. It sounds like the selection board is done centrally and takes all the merit listed applicants from across the country.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back