• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Selection Boards....confused

SeanPaul_031

Inactive
Reaction score
HEy, im really confused about selection boards and how they work, mainly cause im getting told many different things at my local recruiting center.

I was told they only have selection boards in January and June, thats only twice a year. So for example, If someone were to get merit listed in February, then they have to wait until June at the earliest to get seleted for BMQ? So, the merit list only gets sent to Borden for review in jan & june, thus if you get merit listed sometime in between then you have to wait for the next 1 of those 2 months for BMQ?

Can someone clarify this for me plz, I thought that Borden was constantly getting send the updated merit list and that every 2 months they have selections.....?!?

I was merit listed back in March, does this mean that at the earliest I will leave for BMQ is June and on...

SeanPaul_031 said:
HEy, im really confused about selection boards and how they work, mainly cause im getting told many different things at my local recruiting center.

I was told they only have selection boards in January and June, thats only twice a year. So for example, If someone were to get merit listed in February, then they have to wait until June at the earliest to get seleted for BMQ? So, the merit list only gets sent to Borden for review in jan & june, thus if you get merit listed sometime in between then you have to wait for the next 1 of those 2 months for BMQ?

Can someone clarify this for me plz, I thought that Borden was constantly getting send the updated merit list and that every 2 months they have selections.....?!?

I was merit listed back in March, does this mean that at the earliest I will leave for BMQ is June and on...

If you are referring to NCM selection boards then the next one is at the end of Apr with the latest one completed at the end of Mar.  As previously posted the NCM selection will continue on a regular basis until the BMQs are filled up to Oct.

kincanucks said:
If you are referring to NCM selection boards then the next one is at the end of Apr with the latest one completed at the end of Mar.   As previously posted the NCM selection will continue on a regular basis until the BMQs are filled up to Oct.

See thats what ive been hearing all along....but I was just talking to my station 3 Cpl and he said that even though I was merit listed, I wont see BMQ until at least June, because they only have boards in Jan in June...and because he told me this, I schedualed appointments to redo my PT and med test because it is in JUne that they expire

SeanPaul_031 said:
See thats what ive been hearing all along....but I was just talking to my station 3 Cpl and he said that even though I was merit listed, I wont see BMQ until at least June, because they only have boards in Jan in June...and because he told me this, I schedualed appointments to redo my PT and med test because it is in JUne that they expire

He may be referring to the fact that BMQs are filled to June? As I am not the one looking after your file you will have to go with what your CFRC/D tells you.  Whether you are getting the best possible information, well that may be another story.  You are merit listed so when they have a board you will be in competition and if you don't go until Jun so be it.

ya I understand that bit

Just confused cause this site is telling me there are selection boards at the end of every month while other ppl are telling me there are only 2 boards a year, and even other saying it only happens 4 times a year...

SeanPaul_031 said:
ya I understand that bit

Just confused cause this site is telling me there are selection boards at the end of every month while other ppl are telling me there are only 2 boards a year, and even other saying it only happens 4 times a year...

Stop worrying about when the board is.  Worry about getting selected.

And for the last time there are more than four boards for NCMs in one year.

YOU ARE MERIT LISTED!  Now sit back and wait for the call.  You are a lot farther ahead than some other people on this board so relax.

kincanucks said:
YOU ARE MERIT LISTED!   Now sit back and wait for the call.   You are a lot farther ahead than some other people on this board so relax.

I hear that, I got merit listed on Friday after 16 months.  I haven't felt better in my life.  The whole world seems to have slowed down a bit.  It's great.  I am excited though, sleep with the phone beside my head, but I'm prepared for it to take a while.  SeanPaul_031, just relax bud, the call will come. 

Sixteen months?  Good Grief, who are we recruiting for?  ;D NASA?  The CIA?

Hope we never have to mobilize.  Is there a special merit list for those who hit CRA before they even get to join?

Believe me Tom, if you tried joining the army today you would never have made it.  ;D

Most likely neither would I, for that matter, and I didn't join that long ago........

I was told by my file manager that Infantry (031) was not a trade that waited for selection boards as it is an open selection trade which she explained meant that whenever they found a spot they started taking people from the merit list and putting them in those open spots

The NFLD Grinch said:
Holy necro post! This thread is over 3 yrs old.

He's some sort of necromancer. I was reading this and about to respond then I saw the '05 tag and retreated  ;D

Hehe, the OP was last active over a year ago. Wonder if it all worked out.

Back