• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

RMS clerrk training at Borden

Wildcard

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello to everyone.

I just discovered this website the other day and have been doing a lot of reading in regards to the recruitment procedure. Ive found it very helpful so far. Lots of great information.

Im currently in the recruitment process. I have passed the CFAT and have done the medical and interview parts. My PT test is on July 17th. Im enlisting to do the full time reg force RMS clerk trade. I just recently spent 3 years in college for Human Resource Management and thought that RMS clerk would be a good match for me.

The reason Im writing this is Im curious about what the RMS training is like in Borden? Ive seen quite a bit about basic training in St. Jean and I feel I have a comfortable knowledge of what to expect once I get there but I cant seem to find anything on what happens when I get to Borden. Mind you, I am focusing on one step at a time but I do like to have some idea of what to expect further down the road. I have read some posts mentioning Borden but nothing specifically about the training that goes on there for RMS clerks.

Any information would be greatly appreciated and I apologize in advance if this has been answered before and I happened to miss it.

ahh shucks a spelling mistake in the heading....kind of clerk that gets your stuff sent to rcd instead of rcr.

Waste of perfectly good recruiting website:

Basic Military Occupational Training

On completion of BMQ, Resource Management Support Clerks attend Basic Military Occupational (MOC) Training at the Canadian Forces School of Administration and Logistics (CFSAL) in Borden, Ont. Training takes approximately 11 weeks and includes:

Fundamentals of a central registry

Fundamentals of military writing

Familiarization with military publications

Administration in support of operations

Fundamentals of Financial Management Accounting Systems (FMAS)

Fundamentals of a pay system and basic accounting

Fundamentals of personnel records

Fundamentals of claims processing

Fundamentals of personnel management

Fundamentals of release processing

Operation of automated personnel and financial systems (pay and cashier)

Keyboarding skills (30 words per minute, less than 2% error rate)

Computer fundamentals

Oops, missed the typo in the heading.

Thank you for the list of courses and such. I was also wondering if while training there we will be doing regular PT and marches and such? Is there regular inspections? I guess I'm wondering if its more or less like basic training with a focus on the RMS courses or is it vastly different?

Wildcard said:

Thank you for the list of courses and such. I was also wondering if while training there we will be doing regular PT and marches and such? Is there regular inspections? I guess I'm wondering if its more or less like basic training with a focus on the RMS courses or is it vastly different?

Search as I am sure this has been discussed before.

Wildcard said:

i know several people on their RMS QL-3 here in borden.

yes there is PT, Yes there is inspections.  mostly running from what ive seen. and get used to alot of powerpoint, and classroom.... I dont belive there is a field phase for QL33 RMS, but i can double check...

It will be more relaxed then Basic, but when i did my MSE-OP 3's we still marched everywhere and did the whole "army" thing..... its a fact of life on course.

Back