• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

RMC/ROTP 2024-2025

If you check your applicant portal, there is a progress bar at the top which will show how far along your application is.
this progress bar isn't always accurate. Contact your local recruiting office or go to Forces.ca and click the Ask a Recruiter button to talk to a recruiter about your application progress

Thanks, I see that now. I had some additional medical forms that I completed last week, so I'm green checked at "medical/interview completed" and waiting for "final processing."

Anyone have their references checked? When do they do that?
they check references regularly

Thanks, I see that now. I had some additional medical forms that I completed last week, so I'm green checked at "medical/interview completed" and waiting for "final processing."

No one told me when they did it but it was after the “medical/interview completed”….

I think there's some confusion about this. When I first looked into ROTP (about a year or more ago) I was told it no longer exists because too many people were taking it instead of going to RMC. Then, when talking to a recruiter last Summer, he said it definitely exists and it's possible not to be accepted to the RMC; however, be given a scholarship to go to a civilian university. He made it very clear that applicants should be applying to civilian Unis in addition to the RMC.
I was told last summer they still provide offers to civy U but it wasn’t that likely, especially if RMC still has room….when RMC fills up there’s a chance you could get ROTP to a civy U if you have an unconditional acceptance…Also, I was told last year you picked which one you want to pursue…RMC or civy U and it’s not one of the other…so if you want rmc you have to pick that or vice versa

After I did my CFAT at the end of November they said I'd get booked in for my medical and interview. My interview was just on Jan 17 and then the next day I got an email with a few dates to choose from to go do air crew selection. There was one spot available mid Feb but I opted out since I felt I needed more time to study. They said I'd also get a confirmation 2 weeks prior to the date I choose with confirmations and flight details etc. And now my medical is booked for Feb 5th too.
Good luck at the acs in Trenton. I did it last summer and passed…overall it was good, Officers were nice and dorms were good…ordered UberEats for couple dinners.

Just a heads up that the green bar isn't always accurate. There is quite a chance that you are actually further in the process than it shows. Contacting your CFRC directly is the best way to inquire about your status. (I know because I am still at Ready to be tested).

My portal showed I moved from “competition list” to “selected” last week but no offer yet…not sure when an offer might come…
That's cool! Just gotta have that last bit of patience for the email/phone call. What trade you applied for?

When did you apply to caf and RMC?
Lord over a year ago. I had to close my file for 10 months, but I had it reopened last November. It went really fast after that (I already had my CFAT, medical and interview done). Applied to RMC 3 days later, had my CFAST, CFEME and Update interview within 3 weeks beginning February. Now I am just waiting on a reliability check. Unless it's already done and I just have no idea :)

Lord over a year ago. I had to close my file for 10 months, but I had it reopened last November. It went really fast after that (I already had my CFAT, medical and interview done). Applied to RMC 3 days later, had my CFAST, CFEME and Update interview within 3 weeks beginning February. Now I am just waiting on a reliability check. Unless it's already done and I just have no idea :)
Yea, I applied over a year ago, had my interview early Feb last year…medicals took awhile because my career choice was flight crew but it’s all done now…now it’s just waiting mode for the offer (hopefully)…

" had my interview early Feb last year"
How did the interview go? How long did it last? Any "gotcha" questions?

Had an "interview" several months ago; however, it was just confirming the information I submitted. I assume there's a more detailed interview coming up?

Had an "interview" several months ago; however, it was just confirming the information I submitted. I assume there's a more detailed interview coming up?
I had 2 interviews because my first one expired and they were different depending on who interviewed me. My first one was very extensive as the MCC was more experienced. My last one was maybe only 20min with less in depth questions because my MCC was in training. We cannot disclose what they ask, but expect the usual. Know your occupation choices, your education, leadership and employment history. It is not complicated; just be professional and honest. You will do great.

I heard that they have scrapped the Civvy U program for ROTP I wonder if that's true cause honestly I prefer restarting my studies RMC
I'm on the comp list right now for the Civvy U Rotp so I believe they are offering it this year at least that's what the recruitment office has told me. Then again I'm already in my second year of university so my case is somewhat different compared to someone who just has an unconditional acceptance offer to a university or whatever your situation might be.

I don't think they give any "gotcha" questions during the interview, or at any stage of the application process. The truth comes out in the end because it always does. Any medical issues? It comes out in the medical and/or in training. Any reliability issues? Comes out in the background check and security clearance checks. Didn't look deep enough into the job you're applying for? It comes out in the interview.

Basically don't try to hide anything because whatever you're trying to hide comes out eventually.

Lasted 30 minutes. No gotcha questions. Just be knowledgeable on your career choices. My interviewer was nice and it was totally fine

I had 2 interviews because my first one expired and they were different depending on who interviewed me. My first one was very extensive as the MCC was more experienced. My last one was maybe only 20min with less in depth questions because my MCC was in training. We cannot disclose what they ask, but expect the usual. Know your occupation choices, your education, leadership and employment history. It is not complicated; just be professional and honest. You will do great.
I had one formal interview Feb/23 and because I didn’t change my career choices I didn’t require another formal interview. My recruiter just called me in December maybe and asked me one question basically and it was done…lasted like 2 minutes…

I had one formal interview Feb/23 and because I didn’t change my career choices I didn’t require another formal interview. My recruiter just called me in December maybe and asked me one question basically and it was done…lasted like 2 minutes…
Lucky. My file manager told me I would have a short interview just to update forms. But at the CFRC, they decided to make the MCC in training to do a full one. I don't mind honestly as long as I am processed fast enough for the selections.

Back