• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

RMC/ROTP 2024-2025

Yea agreed, I'll try my best. I wrote the CFAT in March 2023 so have been preparing off and on for 10 months.

Oh man, thats alot to do in the next few months. Better hope youre prepaired for the aircrew test because its difficult, i took it a few months ago myself trying to go for pilot but failed it.
Hey, can I ask you what you would've done differently going into it? I'm doing mine in March and have the CBAT app and practicing speed/distance/time calculations but just don't know if that'll be enough. thanks!

I've done a few things, some kind of random haha. Learned to juggle and play guitar for hand eye, CBAT, Lumosity, mental math, read through test guides, used the OASC website for time/speed/distance and fuel consumption practice. Some more stuff too but hopefully that gives you an idea. Keep in mind I haven't attempted it yet. So that's all just stuff right now, hoping it's worth it! When do you write?

I've done a few things, some kind of random haha. Learned to juggle and play guitar for hand eye, CBAT, Lumosity, mental math, read through test guides, used the OASC website for time/speed/distance and fuel consumption practice. Some more stuff too but hopefully that gives you an idea. Keep in mind I haven't attempted it yet. So that's all just stuff right now, hoping it's worth it! When do you write?
Oh okay, I'll add some of that to my list. I write mine March 20/21st.

Oh wow I didn't even know that they go that far, I have been waiting to do my medical and interview. How did it work to get booked?

Oh wow I didn't even know that they go that far, I have been waiting to do my medical and interview. How did it work to get booked?
After I did my CFAT at the end of November they said I'd get booked in for my medical and interview. My interview was just on Jan 17 and then the next day I got an email with a few dates to choose from to go do air crew selection. There was one spot available mid Feb but I opted out since I felt I needed more time to study. They said I'd also get a confirmation 2 weeks prior to the date I choose with confirmations and flight details etc. And now my medical is booked for Feb 5th too.

Okay sounds good, what dates where there besides the mid Feb one and March? What was the latest it went?

Wow so just got an email saying my CFAT score is no longer good for pilot. Got told I missed the new cutoff just barely and that my score is really good. Crazy thing though... just about every pilot applicant who I have stayed in regular contact with this process also just got dropped. Things are bonkers right now! One friend told me his recruiter said the cutoff is way higher than it has ever been. I'm choosing to not rewrite, this can't be sustainable, I feel as though it will come down, just a slight drop would make my score eligible. Man it doesn't feel great though, I have been at this for so long, and to know that any other year I'd be good kinda hurts.

A bunch of selections were made this week. I was selected but haven't received my offer yet.
That's great!!! What trade did you apply for? My portal is stuck at Ready for testing so I am in the blind :)

I heard that they have scrapped the Civvy U program for ROTP I wonder if that's true cause honestly I prefer restarting my studies RMC

I heard that they have scrapped the Civvy U program for ROTP I wonder if that's true cause honestly I prefer restarting my studies RMC
During my CFEME medical, I was talking to a doctor and he asked me if I was okay with RMC because they "want to fill it up to the max", but he also said Civvy is a good experience too. He didn't say anything about scrapping it. Also, I guess they can't cancel it entirely due to people applying for medical (and other) programs not offered at RMC.

I made the competition list on December 1st. I believe they start making selections once they have a large enough pool of applicants, although I was told by my recruiting centre that they start in December.
May I ask, how do you know you made the competition list? Thanks.

I think there's some confusion about this. When I first looked into ROTP (about a year or more ago) I was told it no longer exists because too many people were taking it instead of going to RMC. Then, when talking to a recruiter last Summer, he said it definitely exists and it's possible not to be accepted to the RMC; however, be given a scholarship to go to a civilian university. He made it very clear that applicants should be applying to civilian Unis in addition to the RMC.

I think there's some confusion about this. When I first looked into ROTP (about a year or more ago) I was told it no longer exists because too many people were taking it instead of going to RMC. Then, when talking to a recruiter last Summer, he said it definitely exists and it's possible not to be accepted to the RMC; however, be given a scholarship to go to a civilian university. He made it very clear that applicants should be applying to civilian Unis in addition to the RMC.

Yes, this is what my recruiter said as well.

If you check your applicant portal, there is a progress bar at the top which will show how far along your application is.
Thanks, I see that now. I had some additional medical forms that I completed last week, so I'm green checked at "medical/interview completed" and waiting for "final processing."

Anyone have their references checked? When do they do that?

Back