• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

RMC Admission Profile - How competitive?

m_matt0606

Reaction score
Judging from the questions posted here I'm aware this questions often very repetitive. I'm just in a dilemma of whether I should just apply to the Reserves and try transferring to ROTP later or apply straight-on. I'm about to be a 1st year undergrad in UTSG.
I'm planning on applying to ROTP as Signals Officer in either Mathematics in Science or Economics in Arts if possible.

Grades:
(Averages exclude non-curriculars such as Phys Ed./Cooking, etc)
University: Not started yet. (As far as I know they'll use my highschool marks?)
Grade 12: 89.9%
Grade 11: 81.7%
Grade 10: 86.2%

Extra-Curriculars:

• Member in American Sign-Language Club - Sep. '23 - July '24
  • President of my school's Culture Club - Sep. '23 - Mar '24
  • Member of Fitness Club - Sep '22 - Sep '23
  • Worked in Restaurant for half a year as a Prep Chef and Dishwasher.

Athletically I am pretty fit in my opinion. I can do plenty of dips, pullups, and other calisthenic movements just fine with proper range of motion and form, along with long-distance running.

The problem I have right now is I'm very tight on cash, and I want to ensure I'm a competitive candidate. If not, I'd have to wait almost a year just to apply in the Reserves.

Apply for ROTP, as well as civilian universities.

If RMC won't take you, maybe you can do civilian ROTP.

If neither takes you, you can serve as a reservist officer while finishing your university degree and switch later.

Back