• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Replacing the Subs

Navy asks for 12 hoping to get 9. TB/politicians looks at 4 subs and realize it does not work so will grudgingly offer 6. Bitter fight for the space between.

Wasn't that the purpose behind Iqaluit? At least there it would be accessible without the need for a heavy ice breaker and closer to deep water

Both…

Iqaluit is Eastern and while relevant to the Northern Atlantic and Eastern Arctic it doesn’t do much for the Western side of Canada’s Arctic.

But yea a fair amount of work would need to get done on Tuk which would be good for the North anyway.

IMG_1817.png

Navy asks for 12 hoping to get 9. TB/politicians looks at 4 subs and realize it does not work so will grudgingly offer 6. Bitter fight for the space between.
You need 8 min, or don’t bother.

I’m of the opinion the money should be spent on other things.

You need 8 min, or don’t bother.

I’m of the opinion the money should be spent on other things.
I will disagree, the subs, particularly if equipped with VLS (KS-III) will give Canada a much bigger effect than a surface only fleet. Plus the subs can be delivered before the bulk of the new surface fleet can be. So as the CFP self-divest, a new sub fleet will take on more importance.

I will disagree, the subs, particularly if equipped with VLS (KS-III) will give Canada a much bigger effect than a surface only fleet. Plus the subs can be delivered before the bulk of the new surface fleet can be. So as the CFP self-divest, a new sub fleet will take on more importance.
Really won't take on any importance if we don't have the crews or do you suggest we use the crews from those divested CPF's?

Really won't take on any importance if we don't have the crews or do you suggest we use the crews from those divested CPF's?
I suspect that the old boats are a big part of the recruiting problem. There are obviously other issues, but having very old boats isn't helping.

Another part of the issue is today’s society. It’s very liberal and self centred and have absolutely zero thoughts about serving the nation. That goes for all three services and recruiting issues.

Back